47 47
quade

DB Cooper

3 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

It wasn't plural is was possessive..  

Well, NWO consisted of several divisions/airlines. Didn't it. He was saying, if I am permitted by YOU, his grudge wasn;t against NWA !

Maybe you can find something wrong with my words 'it' and 'the' ?   Lets just let you do the whole thing!

Any thoughts about my nostrils and toes, plural ? ]:(

Edited by georger

5 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

I believe it's very possible the grudge line meant nothing, it was just something cool to say. "No Miss, I don't have a grudge against your airline, I'm just a greedy thief" doesn't have the same ring to it. 

Sure thats possible.

The line reads:

"She asked him why he picked Northwest Airlines to hijack and he laughed and said “It’s not because I have a grudge against your airlines, it’s just because I have a grudge”. He paused and said ‘that the flight suited his time, place, and plans.’"

Airlines above is plural in both instances.

We need a dna profile of some kind for this guy!  What is it going to take? People get off your assess and give us a dna profile!

Edited by georger

2 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

I believe it's very possible the grudge line meant nothing, it was just something cool to say. "No Miss, I don't have a grudge against your airline, I'm just a greedy thief" doesn't have the same ring to it. 

Everybody has a grudge.. even a greedy thief.

I doubt it was purely political.. 

2 minutes ago, georger said:

OK. Thanks for your opinion.

Since opinions erase other opinions we are back to NOTHING! 

Some opinions are better than others..

Every criminal has some sort of grudge... that is self evident.

All we know is that he claims he doesn't have a grudge against Northwest Airlines.. if he did he might have just said so.. why not.

39 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

Dont you have to put what he said in context?  At minimum he was an intelligent rather informed greedy thief, if thats all he was. Dudeman seems to have a different picture of Cooper?  Maybe you are fitting Cooper into a class of people you have had to deal with over the years? If he is only a greedy thief then he is a common thief who has traveled rather widely at least in his mind - Tacoma, Minnesota, wants to go to Mexico, inspects chutes and money, builds a bomb that evidences a correct wiring pattern as evidenced by an electrician's daughter who describes it, spouts flyable wing settings, ..........  if nothing else he is a very observant common thief with experience beyond your common neighborhood thug with a pistol, . . . 

this case stresses people to come up with their descriptions or prescriptions for Cooper, based on their life experiences. Maybe one description is as good as another! This isnt CNN with a panel of experts', or is it ? ^_^

And Flyjack trumps everyone!  FJ tells you 'how to think' - the SafecrackingPLF logic of truth in the Cooper case. The ecclesiastical "Bogic of it all". Nam myo ho renge kyo!  Correct breathing exercises are required before thinking about DB Cooper.  :$

Edited by georger

For the record, I’m not saying he WAS a greedy thief/common criminal type, just saying it may have just been something clever to say. But FlyJack is right, most greedy thieves have grudges against the world for being the losers that they are, etc. 

I’ve been intensively studying all the 16 Copycat attempts recently (hoping to write a book on them) and most of them are just total headcases. The only one who was mostly chill was Hahneman. The others were all pretty manic. There was definitely something unique about Cooper. 

5 hours ago, georger said:

Dudeman seems to have a different picture of Cooper? 

I wasn't expressing an idea of Cooper. I was merely saying that just because someone doesn't come off as a badass doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't one. In fact, my observational experience is often the opposite. People who come off as badasses are often projecting insecurity, they have a need to be perceived as such. The people who truly are badasses don't really need other people to know. People will find out if and when they need to, and as or more often that's when they're saving someone's ass as opposed to kicking it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, olemisscub said:

For the record, I’m not saying he WAS a greedy thief/common criminal type, just saying it may have just been something clever to say. But FlyJack is right, most greedy thieves have grudges against the world for being the losers that they are, etc. 

I’ve been intensively studying all the 16 Copycat attempts recently (hoping to write a book on them) and most of them are just total headcases. The only one who was mostly chill was Hahneman. The others were all pretty manic. There was definitely something unique about Cooper. 

People express different personalities at different ages ? Consider Cooper's age.

1 hour ago, dudeman17 said:

I wasn't expressing an idea of Cooper. I was merely saying that just because someone doesn't come off as a badass doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't one. In fact, my observational experience is often the opposite. People who come off as badasses are often projecting insecurity, they have a need to be perceived as such. The people who truly are badasses don't really need other people to know. People will find out if and when they need to, and as or more often that's when they're saving someone's ass as opposed to kicking it.

Totally agree. I could site many examples as could you. Blustering is a form of defense in chimps and in our species for the weaker less secure members of a group. 

I once suggested we look for Cooper among Voc Rehab clients (1965-80) in the Northwestern Division.

Edited by georger

Passenger Jack Almstad.. Interview in 3 parts.. 

He said he was seated one row behind the hijacker,, perhaps the guy he thought was the hijacker was actually another passenger, he didn't know there was a hijacking.

He said a guy ("I think it was a man") "came down the aisle with a white sack and to me  it looked like a pillow slip and it had these jagged points in it and I remember the thought I had was what looks like bricks in it or a bag of money, I thought.."

Bricks are consistent with bundles..

3 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

He said he was seated one row behind the hijacker,, perhaps the guy he thought was the hijacker was actually another passenger, he didn't know there was a hijacking.

He said a guy ("I think it was a man") "came down the aisle with a white sack and to me  it looked like a pillow slip and it had these jagged points in it and I remember the thought I had was what looks like bricks in it or a bag of money, I thought.."

Bricks are consistent with bundles..

Obsessive compulsive!

7 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

They caught him in the middle of relating his story about standing outside the bathroom telling his thanksgiving joke to Tina and Cooper. So he was “standing” the equivalent of a row behind Cooper.

https://patch.com/california/livermore/livermore-man-recaps-encounter-with-db-cooper

“Almstad would later get up to use the men's restroom.

The lavatory was occupied and there was a man and stewardess sitting nearby," Almstad said. "I said, 'Well if we stay long enough we can have Thanksgiving dinner up here.' "

The man, who he believes was D.B. Cooper, turned back and smiled at him.“

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 2:26 PM, georger said:

I think Tom looked for band pieces but wasnt successful. I asked Brian to examine his evidence folders and describe what (debris) he was seeing. Has anyone examined his folders?  The FBI has its folders.  Then there are the bills (in evidence folders) awarded to Royal Crown Insurance. Those folders/bills were shipped off to Royal Crown in NYC by the company's attorney in Portland. Nobody has any idea what happened to them or where the bills and folders would be today. 

A numismatist-dealer tried to collect as many Cooper bills as he could locate, several years ago. Then it turned out the collector-dealer wasnt even aware of the Cooper money Court settlement - so I sent him a copy. I havent talked to that person in several years. I dont know if he made any progress tracking the Royal Crown bills/folders ... I guess its time to get an update on that if possible.

Georger: I'd be interested to hear what you come up with regarding the insurance company.  I've discussed this with some people before, and the general thought is that their money just got thrown away when they went out of business or merged, or whatever happened to them.  I just wonder though if someone working there would have seen that money and maybe took it home as a souvenir and it is sitting in a box somewhere.  I honestly don't know what the procedure was for that company in terms of destroying evidence like that, but maybe something slipped through the cracks.

4 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Georger: I'd be interested to hear what you come up with regarding the insurance company.  I've discussed this with some people before, and the general thought is that their money just got thrown away when they went out of business or merged, or whatever happened to them.  I just wonder though if someone working there would have seen that money and maybe took it home as a souvenir and it is sitting in a box somewhere.  I honestly don't know what the procedure was for that company in terms of destroying evidence like that, but maybe something slipped through the cracks.

Somebody at the old Royal Crown would have had to sign for the money so there is a Court record. That  names someone at RC.

One idea is to ask the Justice Dept to refile and determine what happened to the bills, but the chance of that happening right now is slim to none. At the time Royal Crown was a London based company. Likewise Christies. One rumor is that someone at RC made an inquiry with an official at Christies New York office about auctioning the money. We also believe Tosaw continued to try and follow the Royal Crown money after the Court case with the thought of acquiring it. Tosaw was dealing with named people at RC NYC. Tosaw's family may have those records? I think somebody is sitting on that money today.

The WSHM didnt appear interested in exploring any of this - in fact there is almost no evidence that anyone along the way has had a 'forensic' interest in the Cooper money, except for myself and Tom Kaye, in spite of the fact that the money may establish key markers in what happened after Cooper left the plane.

The bills were given and shipped to RC from Portland in FBI evidence folders, just like the Ingram bills. So its not just bills and fragments of bills, but also Tena Bar debris in those folders. Enough to make a forensic person's eyes open wide. 

Today, it is standard practice to do mass spectroscopy and isotope analysis on evidence of this kind. So far as I know that has never been done with the Ingram money, by anyone. It is still not too late!

Edited by georger
  • Like 1

I am new to this forum but not to the D.B.Cooper case. I would like to bring up this suspect who (to my knowledge) has never been linked to D.B.Cooper. His name is William Henry Ellis (see photo) and he vanished in june 1971 while on bond after a bank burglary:

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/48726213/william-henry-ellis-skips-town-free-on/

In my opinion he looks just like the D.B.Cooper sketches, especially the protruding lower lip. He also has a motive to hijack a plane for money because he was on the run and needed the cash. More info about him can be found here:

https://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3319dmmd.html

Ellis is worthwhile investigating more because he disappeared only 6 months before the Cooper hijacking and he also had a criminal history. It would be interesting to find out if he had a militairy background and any experience with skydiving.

4E4BD3DC-6076-4EC6-BA80-73D015A38773.jpeg

Edited by randy233

1 hour ago, randy233 said:

I am new to this forum but not to the D.B.Cooper case. I would like to bring up this suspect who (to my knowledge) has never been linked to D.B.Cooper. His name is William Henry Ellis (see photo) and he vanished in june 1971 while on bond after a bank burglary:

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/48726213/william-henry-ellis-skips-town-free-on/

In my opinion he looks just like the D.B.Cooper sketches, especially the protruding lower lip. He also has a motive to hijack a plane for money because he was on the run and needed the cash. More info about him can be found here:

https://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3319dmmd.html

Ellis is worthwhile investigating more because he disappeared only 6 months before the Cooper hijacking and he also had a criminal history. It would be interesting to find out if he had a militairy background and any experience with skydiving.

4E4BD3DC-6076-4EC6-BA80-73D015A38773.jpeg

Too small, 5' 6" and 140 lbs