47 47
quade

DB Cooper

37 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

fwiw, Alice said she didn't think it was a hairpiece 

alicewig.png

yup, Mitchell was just speculating to explain the dark black unnatural appearance of the hair...

He didn't say it was a toupee/hairpiece, it was probably dyed since other witnesses rejected that.

Edited by FLYJACK

Time for me to eat some crow. I royally messed up on my attempt to track down Alice. The Alyce Gorley born in Texas in 1947 is NOT Alice Garley Hancock of Flight 305.

Here's where I went wrong and I think it's a reasonable mistake to make. The "Garley" in Alice Garley Hancock is NOT a maiden name. That was my assumption and I'm sure the assumption of just about everyone else who ever came across that name in the Cooper case. Garley was her previous married name. She was born Alice Opp in Minnesota in 1947, then married a guy named Richard Garley in 1968 and was divorced within a year. Then in Sept 1971 she married Jim Hancock (they divorced in 91). 

So when I went deep diving to try to find a better photo of Alice (since all we have is a crummy one from the press conference), I searched for an Alice Garley, born in the late 40's on Ancestry. There was only one: Alyce Gorley of Texas. Turns out she was a beauty queen and as we know many of those type girls from that era went on to become stewardesses. I figured that when she moved away from home to be flight attendant she just changed the spelling of her name for whatever reason. So ya, major research error on my part. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Coopericane said:

Where does the last one on the right in the top row come from? And the one before Hahneman's pictures and McCoy's sketch?

Sketches of George Ames and Robert Wilson aka Fred Hahneman and Martin McNally

hahnemac.jpg

Edited by olemisscub
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Keep Searching those 302's... You'll solve this one yet ....ROTFLMAO.. In another 50 years....

You fell for two hoaxes.

The Patterson film was a hoax,, the guy who wore the modified Gorilla suit admitted it..

Same with Carl and Walter,, a concocted hoax.. 

For an expert in deception, you aren't doing so well.

There is an odd connection... 

Loren Coleman, a cryptozoologist and the Bigfoot expert who posted the deconstructed solution to the DB Cooper FBI Playboy letter, postmarked Dec 1st 1971, the solution in 2011 was signed Al Di... Loren Coleman deleted it from his blog/website.

Loren Coleman has written books and long promoted the Patterson film for financial gain..

Patterson's brother-in-law Al DeAtley (died 2019) was one of the key people involved in the Patterson film hoax.. outlined in earlier Patterson film hoax post.

My theory is that the same group that did the Patterson film hoax also did the DB Cooper Playboy letter hoax.. Dec 1, 1971...

One of them leaked the solution and it was posted by Loren Coleman in 2011 under the name Al Di,,, aka Al DeAtley. (one document says Al D, another Al Di)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tS_XP7GekGlB8idOZUK3ffGgcdUyfe3ipR5hFm0p3vY/edit?hl=en_US

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Slim King said:

Keep Searching those 302's... You'll solve this one yet ....ROTFLMAO.. In another 50 years....

This case will never be solved. It is the modern version of Jack the Ripper, which happened 135 years ago and still nobody has a clue who he was. 

The partial DNA evidence on the tie is pretty much useless: God knows how many people have touched that tie in the last 52 year! It could be from anybody.

Edited by randy233

14 minutes ago, randy233 said:

This case will never be solved. It is the modern version of Jack the Ripper, which happened 135 years ago and still nobody has a clue who he was. 

The partial DNA evidence on the tie is pretty much useless: God knows how many people have touched that tie in the last 52 year! It could be from anybody.

Should SETI join the search for Cooper - waiting for signals from TK/Ulis/Broughton/Carr !

It may take an act of Congress to get the case restarted with funding ?  Which is exactly what Ulis wants! Follow the money.

Edited by georger

59 minutes ago, randy233 said:

Depends how you define solved.. to a legal standard with forensics,, yeah that is almost impossible now, Cooper is almost certainly dead by now and even if he was alive there would never be a prosecution.

but the FBI said in 1976 they have no case without the co-operation of Cooper due to poor evidence and fading witness memories.

So, we may not get to a legal standard but we can still solve the case. (to a public standard)

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, georger said:

Should SETI join the search for Cooper - waiting for signals from TK/Ulis/Broughton/Carr !

It may take an act of Congress to get the case restarted with funding ?  Which is exactly what Ulis wants! Follow the money.

I heard there was an intelligence gathering balloon that crossed the US searching for Cooper evidence...

The military took it down with a missile,, maybe to destroy any evidence not yet transmitted to China.

55 minutes ago, georger said:

I don't know what Ulis' motives are, if he is doing it for money, fame or if he really wants to solve the case.

I have been following him for a while now and haven't been very impressed so far. His suspect Vince Peterson seems like some random, innocent guy who is now tied to the Cooper case forever. There is zero evidence that he has anything to do with it.

That being said, I do like Ulis' idea of searching for DNA traces on the spindle of the tie clip. It is worth a try imo.

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

Depends how you define solved.. to a legal standard with forensics,, yeah that is almost impossible now, Cooper is almost certainly dead by now and even if he was alive there would never be a prosecution.

but the FBI said in 1976 they have no case without the co-operation of Cooper due to poor evidence and fading witness memories.

So, we may not get to a legal standard but we can still solve the case. (to a public standard)

After listening to Larry Carr on the Cooper Vortex podcast I am just very pessimistic about this case ever being solved. The FBI also lost all the evidence that would have solved it within a week (cigarette butts and hair).

Just now, randy233 said:

After listening to Larry Carr on the Cooper Vortex podcast I am just very pessimistic about this case ever being solved. The FBI also lost all the evidence that would have solved it within a week (cigarette butts and hair).

Pro tip... Don't listen to Larry Carr.. he failed to move the needle.

They disposed of the butts and lost the hair sample..

6 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Pro tip... Don't listen to Larry Carr.. he failed to move the needle.

They disposed of the butts and lost the hair sample..

Nonesense.  Pro tip?    They and them ?   Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

Carr was a child when the butts were lost etc!

Your sermon is illogical.   You're just making a meaningless stir ...

Edited by georger

1 hour ago, georger said:

Nonesense.  Pro tip?    They and them aint Carr!   Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

Didn't say they were..

Carr's case knowledge hasn't moved in over a decade.. like yours..

Edited by FLYJACK