47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Well, SHOW me the proof that Duane was not Dan Cooper aka D.B. Cooper as labled by the FBI. Duane said "I'm DAN Cooper" he did not say D.B. How and why would Duane say that & how do you explain the things he did & said over the yrs.

The FBI has already stated their official position on their website, which says:
"And what of some of the names pegged as Cooper? None have panned out. Duane Weber, who claimed to be Cooper on his deathbed, was ruled out by DNA testing (we lifted a DNA sample from Cooper’s tie in 2001). Kenneth Christiansen, named in a recent magazine article, didn’t match the physical description and was a skilled paratrooper."
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2007/december/dbcooper_123107

Now, we've already heard how wrong the FBI is, that they really don't mean what they say and their website is wrong. But if that's the case, then why is everybody wasting so much time trying to convince them to re-look at a suspect that has been officially ruled out?

Jo, you say: "Duane Weber was Dan Cooper."

If you truly believed this, wouldn't you be content and happy enough just knowing this truth yourself? Why do you have the intense need to make others share in your belief? I truly believe you believe this with all your heart, but maybe you need some kind of validation from others or something? Just thinking out loud here.

RobertMBlevins

You didn't answer the question. (See below) The multiple-part PDF series on Cooper in the FBI vault has everything from news articles to a list of the ransom bills. The fact remains that the FBI is still offering up that map (today in 2014) as THE flight map on their website regarding the Cooper case. You still haven't proven it is wrong, or managed to move Cooper over to Tina Bar to explain the money. :)

Blevins says: All I said was that since there is a Cooper flight path map ONSITE at the OFFICIAL SITE FOR THE FBI....that says THIS IS WHERE THE PLANE WAS...

That I believe that map is reasonably accurate unless you can prove otherwise.
You talk as if I created the map myself. :S

And to date...I haven't seen a thing from you that proves it is wrong. The FBI has been offering that map up on their site for years now. It is still there. If you think it's wrong, proof is required unless you believe you are smarter than the FBI...SAGE radar...ATC...a couple of chase jets out of McChord AFB...the flight crew on board 305...and Paul Soderlind and his team at NWA.

You also assume that since the flight was on the ground in Seattle for a few hours, and half the LEO on the West Coast had time to prepare for the takeoff they knew was coming eventually...that they all had their heads up their behinds and had no idea where the plane was after it took off again. Sorry, but I'm not buying into this idea without proof. Your entire scenario on this has been a weak attempt to place 305 several miles WEST of the Interstate 5 freeway in order to explain the Tina Bar money. (Cooper jumped there and pancaked into the river) But the map presented by the FBI shows that the flight was actually moving a bit SE when it passed by Tina Bar and was miles from the interstate. It's a good theory you have there. Proving it is something else.

If you have a problem with the map, you should challenge the Seattle FBI on it, not blame me or Jo Weber for it. (portion of map attached below)

You shouldn't be talking to me. You should be challenging the Seattle FBI.

And you should have read the previous post and then answered the Seattle FBI's questions about where the map came from, who prepared it, etc..

And you haven't proved the map was right.

skyjack71

'I definitely dispute the "REAL accounting of the flight path" that you and Blevins have put forth. You apparently assume that I have an attitude problem toward you when I tell you that you don't know what you are talking about....'

Robert99 do you not remember the guys in the field with that map with all of the markings - the places they were looking for Cooper!

That picture is worth a million words and 10's of million more - it shows the search area & they are looking at the picture ON SITE!

YOU cannot make that one go away....so you have been in the evidence room - what did you remove...they trusted YOU?

But they do NOT provide a wife with PROOF her husband was not Cooper, but they allow the likes of you in the evidence room!

What evidence did YOU see that dismissed WEBER? You must be having a memory problem - do you even remember the pictures that have been put on this site.

That was not just a map@

One of you guys find that picture of the guys in the field with map of the search area....that is the correct search area. You THINK they STAGED that one! Evidently!
===================

Blevins stated: "If you think it's wrong, proof is required unless you believe you are smarter than the FBI...SAGE radar...ATC...a couple of chase jets out of McChord AFB...the flight crew on board 305...and Paul Soderlind and his team at NWA."

======================

Go Blevins Go - I think you and I are the only sober ones posting tonight.

Robt99 actually indicated he had been in the evidence room - Geeze!

"But the map presented by the FBI shows that the flight was actually moving a bit SE when it passed by Tina Bar and was miles from the interstate."

Actual field photos of map show just that! They can deny the maps all they want, but a photo of searchers looking at the map in the field is all I need.

Do any of these people know what they are talking about?

Robt99 needs to wake up - just go to the field photo - it is all telling.

Robt99 needs to be aware that the FBI can put what they want on their site - that does not make it true.

Lots of things on the FBI site before that was not true - the guys who put the sites together are just computer guys - they aren't actual FBI. Remember I confronted the FBI on one piece of fiction they had on their site and it was REMOVED.

Jo, the above post is just more of your nonsense. I have never made any claims about being in the Seattle FBI's evidence room. In fact, I don't even know where the Seattle FBI's office is located and don't have any reason to know or even care about its location.

But I do have something in common with D.B. Cooper and the hijacking. In your and Blevins lingo, it's a BIG SECRET. And in typical Jo Weber/Blevins style, maybe I'll tell you what it is tomorrow or maybe I won't.

Robert99

RobertMBlevins

'And you should have read the previous post and then answered the Seattle FBI's questions about where the map came from, who prepared it, etc..

And you haven't proved the map was right.'

I have done some research on this and my best sources don't say who drew the black line on it or made the notations. But...that the information came from a combination of sources. Bill Rataczak mentions Paul Soderlind and his team at NWA as one of the sources. If the map is so inaccurate, why does the FBI continue to make it available on their website as 'the' flight path as they know it? I am willing to accept it as basic truth. I suggested once you contact Bill Rataczak (co-pilot) on this question before you start trying to move the flight miles off what the map shows now. He's in the phone book, and he has done a great deal of research on the whole thing for years. He keeps files, maps, notes, everything. He told this to Skipp Porteous when Porteous interviewed him by phone in 2009. Even if the FBI won't tell you anything, I'm sure he would talk to you about this. He's the only Bill Rataczak listed for Minnesota in the white pages.

You could also try the Seattle FBI case agent, (you could attach a copy of that map where I added the notes and send it to him with the basic question, i.e. 'is this accurate?' And 'who is responsible for this map?') Have you done either of these things before deciding on your own it is wrong? That should be your first, most obvious step, right?

These things fall to you because YOU are the one trying to move the flight in order to explain the arrival of the Tina Bar money. I'm not saying that's a bad theory, I'm saying you haven't done a basic check with the main people yet who could answer the questions about the map.

Your best bet is to go to Bill Rataczak, I think. Ever since the Marla Cooper thing, the FBI has become reticent to answer questions. For example, when I asked them about the Amboy Chute, they told me they couldn't discuss it because it was 'evidence' in the case. I found this strange for two reasons. First, they had allegedly dismissed it years ago as evidence. Second, they never actually gave a reason WHY they dismissed it. And they still don't. They won't even acknowledge its existence anymore. Yeah...you should go to Rataczak. If you can't find Bill's contact info, email me at adventurebooksofseattle AT G frickin' mail dot frickin com and I will give you his info. (my email disguised to defeat the evil spammers) :)

Blevins, for the record, have you EVER PERSONALLY talked to Bill Rataczak as you seem to imply in the above post?

To save the other reader's a bit of time, the answer to the above question is "NO".

Robert99

Greetings Everyone,

Bobby just made a sizeable post about Kenny on the Mountain News.

Here is my response:

If Kenny Christiansen proves to be DB Cooper, the big story will be why it took so long for the FBI to believe that he was the notorious skyjacker.

To that end, I understand from various reports in the Cooper annals that the FBI is not actively considering KC as Cooper, and that their investigations of his brother, Lyle Christiansen, indicated that KC was a false lead.

Also, it appears that even Lyle has had strong doubts about his allegations that his brother was DB Cooper and disclaimed the notion on a call-in radio show from Spokane, as reported in the DZ and elsewhere.

Remember, that the FBI itself claimed that LD Cooper was their most promising suspect in 2011, long after the essential material on Christiansen had been presented to them and the public.

Hence, it would seem that any hope of a forensic inquiry that the Bureau extends to the KC researchers is at best a courtesy, and at worst is a political ploy designed to keep them at arms' length.

Lastly, one has to wonder why the Christiansen researchers have failed to place a pix of Kenny in front of Cooper witnesses other than the presentation to Florence Schaffner claimed by Geoffrey Gray, circa 2007. True, GG says that Flo said it was the best likeness she has seen so far in the investigation. Unfortunately, Ms. Schaffner has refused to discuss this assessment with any other researchers, including yours truly, despite repeated attempts to contact her.

If you would like to see the article and commentary that Bobby posted on the MN, here is the link:

http://themountainnewswa.net/2011/09/01/the-hunt-for-db-cooper-the-resurgent-investigation-into-americas-only-unsolved-skyjacking-an-overview/#comment-25134

I can't remember Mitchell's exact quote, but when I read it, it certainly did not seem as if he thought Cooper was wearing a toupee?

You like to point out that Lyle does not know one way or the other if Kenny was Cooper. But, I will point out that he did know that two FBI agents did not collect his DNA, and he most certainly knew that Kenny did not purchase his house with cash. But, he never bothered to correct either of these lies. Perhaps, the lies originated with him?
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

Robert says: Without dye or a toupee, I don't see how a guy in his mid-to-late 40's could have hair without at least a bit of grey in it. Just saying.

Great point Robert. The skyjacker sounds like he had the hair of a 35 year old.

Just for fun I attached a photo of missing man Dick Lepsy sandwiched between the Cooper sketches A and B. Lepsy was 32 years old in this photo, though he looks much older than most 32 year olds I know.

NMIWrecks

["And what of some of the names pegged as Cooper? None have panned out. Duane Weber, who claimed to be Cooper on his deathbed, was ruled out by DNA testing (we lifted a DNA sample from Cooper’s tie in 2001). Kenneth Christiansen, named in a recent magazine article, didn’t match the physical description and was a skilled paratrooper."

This is precisely the hype of propaganda the FBI promotes.

The FBI does NOT know if the tie was Coopers or if they have Coopers DNA.

What was lifted from the tie was only a particial and they do NOT know that it is Cooper's DNA.

They did not ask me for DNA until 2003 or 2004. I had remarried and basically had little left of Weber's
personal belonging....what they took was not tested until 2007.

Out of sentimental reasons I kept slippers. I gave him that last Christmas, but I do not know if he touched them or continued to use the old things he was comfortable with. In the hospital he was NOT mobil - but, the slippers were there.

BEAR in mind when the FBI asked me for DNA it was many yrs after Duane died...and I had moved and remarried.

The tool I sent had been handled by multiple individuals & I could not remember if Duane had used it or not.

Considering they kept the items in a warehouse for several yrs before they even tested them in 2007/2008 - not sure any of it is valid...I told them at the time I did not expect them to find Duane's DNA on them - if they found his DNA it should have the PKD gene - they never let me know what the DNA was.

Until they produce me with a copy of the DNA they lifted from the items I provide & it is compared to it to the DNA in a watch I am in possession, I take the stand they do NOT have Cooper's DNA.

I was never provided a copy of the DNA report they supposedly have.
If they provide that - I WILL pay for that DNA to be compared to the DNA in the WATCH...have NO idea what it would cost or if they can swab the watch at this late date. The DNA on the "SCREW DRIVER" needs to be compared - but I will not let those 2 items out of my sight - they mean too much to me. That "screw driver"
is NOT the tool I provide the FBI.

In the EVENT you do not know. The screw driver was sent to Duane from Rick & Elaine after they went on the road in memory of an incident at a bar in Colorado. She played the quitar & he played the steel Guitar.

Everyone thought Duane had gone to the car for a GUN because of the bulge in his leather dress jacket. When Duane returned - Rick started playing DON'T TAKE YOUR GUNS TO TOWN - The bar fell into silence - you could HEAR a pin DROP and DUANE kept a dead stare on the young man.

After the young man excused himself and apologized - Duane pulled a HUGE Screw Driver out and laid it on the counter....he BAR was roaring!

I will never forget these words. " I'm sorry I was rude to your wife. I had too much to drink & I am going home." ....his lip were trembling and his hand shaking. Duane was much taller than the young man and reach out and put his hand on the young man's shoulder and said:

"Son, I think that is a GOOD Idea".

He left and that is when Duane pulled out a HUGE screw Driver and laid it on the BAR....the bar was roaring.

I believe the bar was in Loveland.
It was a long galley type place on the main street.

Duane knew this Rick and Elaine from his past - and I never knew how to find them. The package had a return address of "ANYWHERE USA". The screw driver they had painted gold was NOT near the size of the one Duane had that night.

If You Don't Know Now You'll never Know!"

Like I said the FBI had a lot of errors on the site - per, the OLD report I have. Note: I went to it in the early days &they had the Cooper comic on it & the Cooper Comic had not been mentioned until Cook brought it up in the thread....the FBI then put it in the Cooper site...that COMIC had NOTHING to do with the CRIME & I let them know this..

I have NEVER been back to the FBI site! I do not intend to do so! Their site was not informative then and per what you just reported - in poor taste. THEY cannot report such DNA as evidence until it is compared to DNA that is know to be Webers.

PS the FBI only told me that the prints did NOT match - they HAVE NEVER sent me a letter or made any comment to me regarding this DNA. Perhaps I need to call then regarding this!

If I go to their site and says what you say it said then I will DEMAND publically they produce the DNA they are using to be compared to the DNA in the WATCH...infact if I feel like it in the next few days - I will GO to the FBI office.

They want me to stay quiet - then they need to NOT make things public they CANNOT prove.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

There is a resemblance. The eyes are very good for Cooper. Has anyone run a Social Security Death Index search on Lepsy? It's not that easy to get a new SSN, and if Lepsy lived until retirement age, he might have tried to collect. Even if there was a warrant on him originally regarding the theft of the money from the store where he worked, they would have to keep renewing it or at some point it would drop off the database, the NCIC, etc.

Lepsy was declared dead in around 1977. His daughter had a family friend run a credit check on his SS number in the late 1980s and there was no activity on his SS account reported since his disappearance.

A few days after the credit check was run, two men in black suits claiming to be from in insurance company showed up on the daughter's doorstep asking all kinds of questions about her father. She felt rather intimidated by them.

Later, when she called the insurance company to complain, they told her there were no insurance agents working for that company with the names the agents gave her.

Any of u want to be Cooper searcher remember what Tina and Florence said about Coopers hair?

Well, I know the answer, but I will let you guys know your conversations about the hair are useless.

Evidently non of you were 45 yrs old in 1971. The temporay dies used by me and by Duane did a fantastic job of covering the gray. Duane had thick hair and he dyed it up until after the crime.....:P

The picture show he went from VERY DARK hair to graying hair in a flash!

I do have the pictures to prove this and his wife used to dye his hair for him...When Duane was released from Jefferson - he still had thick hair but was graying around the sideburns.

The temporary and permanent dyes of the day - made the hair shiny and in some cases help relax really curly hair the way it did my hair.

Step BACK in time to 1971 - talk to men and women who were 45 plus and asked them when they started to cover up the gray - most of them will tell you about age 43 if they had dark hair....blonds the really could buy more time without the dye - .

"...The FBI does NOT know if the tie was Coopers or if they have Coopers DNA.

What was lifted from the tie was only a particial and they do NOT know that it is Cooper's DNA..."

This tidbit of fact may be true, Mrs. Cooper, but is not the whole truth.

Since the FBI had the cigarette butts and analyzed the DNA from them around 2002, it must be presumed that they have DB Cooper actual DNA and a complete profile.

We know this because Seattle KIRO-TV announced it as such in 2002.

The bigger question then is, what happened next to the butts and the documentation, both of which now seem to be "lost."

It also begs the question of why the butts were stored in Les Vegas and not in Seattle, as has been reported here.

Robert99

***Robert99 is a pilot and has a respectable history with aircraft. That's all I will say publicly. Even though we differ on our opinions regarding the flight path, he does deserve some respect for that history. He has previously offered up his real name and background. Maybe you should ask him these things privately.

Maybe Jo should just start reading the thread. It would save the rest of us a lot of time.

You Robert99 is the one who SHOULD read the thread - including the closed one.

BruceSmith

What was lifted from the tie was only a particial and they do NOT know that it is Cooper's DNA..."

Since the FBI had the cigarette butts and analyzed the DNA from them around 2002, it must be presumed that they have DB Cooper actual DNA and a complete profile.

The bigger question then is, what happened next to the butts and the documentation, both of which now seem to be "lost."

It also begs the question of why the butts were stored in Les Vegas and not in Seattle, as has been reported here.

YOUR INFORMATION IS WRONG.
THEY NEVER DID DNA ON THE BUTTS.

WHEN THEY WERE GOING TO DO THAT IS WHEN THEY FOUND THEY WERE MISSING!

JUST WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION?

FACTS NOT FICTION.
THE ONLY POSSIBLE DNA THEY HAD WAS EXTRACTED FROM THE TIE. THE BUTTS WHERE GONE!

READ THE POSTINGS OF CKRET!

THE FBI NEVER GOT TO CHECK THE BUTTS FOR DNA.

THIS SUBJECT WAS DISCUSSED THIS WITH ONE OF THE AGENTS....ALL THEY HAVE IS THE PARTICIAL DNA FROM THE TIE.

skyjack71

YOUR INFORMATION IS WRONG.
THEY NEVER DID DNA ON THE BUTTS.

WHEN THEY WERE GOING TO DO THAT IS WHEN THEY FOUND THEY WERE MISSING!

JUST WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION?

FACTS NOT FICTION.
THE ONLY POSSIBLE DNA THEY HAD WAS EXTRACTED FROM THE TIE. THE BUTTS WHERE GONE!

READ THE POSTINGS OF CKRET!

THE FBI NEVER GOT TO CHECK THE BUTTS FOR DNA.

THIS SUBJECT WAS DISCUSSED THIS WITH ONE OF THE AGENTS....ALL THEY HAVE IS THE PARTICIAL DNA FROM THE TIE.

So, you're saying that the announcement on KIRO in 2002 is false? How do you know that to be true?

Further, do you know where the cigarette butts are now?

Also, do you take everything Larry Carr said here to be 100% factual?

If so, how come he didn't go looking for the butts when they came up "missing" in 2008?

Lastly, is anyone looking for the butts now?

If not, why not?

RobertMBlevins

***I can't remember Mitchell's exact quote, but when I read it, it certainly did not seem as if he thought Cooper was wearing a toupee?

You like to point out that Lyle does not know one way or the other if Kenny was Cooper. But, I will point out that he did know that two FBI agents did not collect his DNA, and he most certainly knew that Kenny did not purchase his house with cash. But, he never bothered to correct either of these lies. Perhaps, the lies originated with him?

Perhaps we already know all the details on how Kenny got his house, as of November 2014. That's because we went to the source. And we have Lyle's DNA profile now.

I pointed out that Lyle's opinion is useless on whether his brother was the hijacker for a simple reason. Because it is true. His opinion is useless. Kenny never told him he was the hijacker, nor did he leave any of the ransom bills to him in a Super Secret Squirrel envelope. In fact, Lyle had no idea that people like Helen Jones, Bernie and Margie Geestman, Dawn Androsko, or any of the other people his brother knew even existed, until I updated him.

Here's the quote from Mitchell, which is a bit mixed up because I don't think WSHM did the best job on the transcription, as well as failing to ask the right questions anyway. But such as it is:

'but then and I said I remember…to the FBI I said that, you know, his hair could easily have been dyed or a toupee or something. ‘Cause I mean it looked awful. Well, but being twenty and I didn’t really…”

Whiting: “Was the color unnatural in a way?”

Bill Mitchell: “No. It was all solid dark. You know, I mean it was all, there was no grey, there was no, I mean it was all solid and well groomed....'

Robert says: Without dye or a toupee, I don't see how a guy in his mid-to-late 40's could have hair without at least a bit of grey in it. Just saying.

And by the way...I didn't bring up Kenny 'again'. That was Bruce Smith, simply over a comment I made today at Mountain News. :S

As far as Lyle Christiansen saying he thinks his brother wasn't Cooper, I will point you to his most recent thoughts on that. He has filled our office with files, letters, docs, emails, and pictures over the years. He does so right up to the present day.

Latest email is attached. :)

Can you tell us how Lyle celebrates the anniversary of his brother's hijacking? Champaign? Light a candle? Say the rosary?

Along those lines, how do you feel about being so closely connected to a family that stole 200K and threatened to kill 43 people?

Any thoughts?

It must be a Zen experience to be so close to a criminal and champion him as some kind of hero.

Is it? What is it like for you, Bobby, as the torch bearer for Kenny C?

BruceSmith

Happy Anniversary, Mrs. Cooper. 43 years ago tonight your former husband threatened to kill 43 people. He also stole 200K and reportedly traumatized Tina Mucklow.

Any thoughts on the subject?

Any apologies? Any thoughts on restitution?

My ONLY thoughts! How repulsive you are and how you twist the truths.

Duane was my husband & I knew little about his past. I have NOTHING to apologize for as I was NOT part of his life in 1971.

Duane made the trip to WA in 1979, because he knew it would be his last time . The money was found & remember Duane always made stupid mistakes & why he got caught so many times & spent so much time in prisons.

He realized with the money being found - he had made another stupid mistake... why he put the evidence in a safe deposit box & left the area - remember I did not know where he was for 2 months in 1980 - just phone calls & NO address or location.

He loved my daughter & he risked coming back for her graduation, he was really asking a lot of odd questions - which I now understand.

Remember he left in 1980 with a new car, but ditched that car before he got to where he was going...when he thought it was safe he bought the Marquis.

Bear in mind the had bought the other car brand new - in 1979 after we got back from WA.

I asked him if we could afford it & he said the guy gave him a good deal on the Caddy and the Caddy had some problems - I was unawere of any problems with the
Caddy.

Duane was preparing to run.

The money was found & he left within 2/3 wks...and he trades the NEW car (Oldsmobile) - if I remember correctly within 2 days after leaving CO (the car was not 4 months old) - he said that new car had a problems....?

I could not figure out how he was trading like that....

When he came back in May for my daughter's graduation...he was asking her lots of questions about a certain coach there. The news out about one of the stewardess being married to a coach...was in the media & he was probably keeping up with it. I wasn't & had no interest in crime.

Duane loved my daughter & when I saw the pictures of TINA in 1996 after I contacted Himmelsbach and got his book & Tosaw's book & old news artices - I saw pictures of Tina for the very first time....it was an "OH, My GOD!" moment. I am sure there were pictures in the media when Coopers money was found, but remember I didn't get to read the article in the paper - that paper Duane conveniently took with him that day.

I didn't get to see the special on America's most wanted. Duane made sure we went out on a WK-DAY night! Very very unusual.

I remember I apologized to the wife of the couple for not being good company because there was a segment on America's Most Wanted I wanted to see that night.

Duane and I NEVER when out to party on a wkday night.

Tina at the time of the crime looked like my daughter did when Duane met me. I have never told her about the resemblance because I felt it was something she did NOT need to know. They had a genuine affections for each other. Her real father was a self involved person...not a nuturing one.

Even as she grew older they still looked like each other & when You & Galen sent me those Enquirer type picture - my heart was in my throat when I saw it.

NOW do any of you understand WHY I am so protective of Tina?

This will be my last post tonight and I am very tired. Tired of Bruce Smith & his horrid demeaning posts....& his OBTUSE questions!

YOU BRUCE and GALEN are the individuals who need to APOLOGIZE to Tina....Like I have said you have the old Enquirer attitude...YOU ARE NOT A NICE PERSON!

YOU are the PERSON who needs to aplogize to ALL involved.

I am as much a victim as the crew was - have any of you ever considered that? I have fought this battle since 1996 - that is 18 yrs of my life....and Duane had been deceased for 1 yr & 3 months.
I was married to him for 17 yrs.
It was 1 yr and 2 months after he died I found out who Dan Cooper was.

I used up my life trying to obtain justice & fighting the FBI. How many yrs have I fought you guys on this thread & on Unsolved Mysteries and 101 and obviously being made a fool out of for your entertainment? NOT hardly I spent those yr fighting for resolutions - the truths Bruce & Galen twist into the unheard of.

Certain parties in this thread continue to get the facts screwed up - and BRUCE is the most evil of them all. Bruce Smith & Galen Cook have no conscience & no social guide lines...perhaps that is why neither of you have had any long term marriages or relationships.

Hi Everybody - Local News from Cooper World:

Sail and I are heading down to Eagle Creek next week to see Ralph Hatley and discuss parachutes, Earl Cossey, Ralph Himmelsbach, and mysterious DZs in southern Washington.

Ta Da!

Plus, Sail is buying lunch, so all is good. And he's driving and we're taking his Prius, so we can make the gas, I think.

Ariel is this Saturday and I'm not sure I can make it, which saddens me as this is my best day of the year for dancing with hot babes. Oh, well. In years past I've ridden with Robb Heady (and EVick), Meyer Louie, and the Formans, and all of them are passing on Ariel this year.

Meyer has moved to the Rez east of the mountains where his people are and teaching math full-time at a local community college. Still has beaucoup eye trouble, but he says that the docs have a treatment for him that will work. Just takes time.

Not sure what is happening with Ron and Pat, but this will be the first time in many years they are not at the Daze.

Bobby has invited me to ride with him to Ariel, but I don't want to take a chance on getting arrested somewhere underneath Victor 23, so... I'm passing on that invite.

Get his SSN from any source you can and run it with the Social Security Death Index using his full name. If this hasn't been done already, it should be. If there are no results, he may have lived out his life in another country. It's a tough problem, tracing him.

Yeah, that's been done multiple times over the years. Nothing, nada, zip. It's like he fell off the face of the earth a couple years after he disappeared in 1969. I attached a couple photos of Dick Lepsy sandwiching the FBI Cooper sketch B. Here's a link to a missing persons website with his story:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lepsy_robert.html

The location of the Ingram find was just beyond the tree line toward the water. In 1980 when the money was found the location was just beyond the tree line of 2 tree (there where more but in 2001) only 2 for the original trees were still standing.

Those trees were of course MUCH larger in 2000 than they were in 1980.

Himmelsbach and Fazio with myself stopped and let the crew go on up the river (East) with their equipment. The conversation was about the money find... Himmelsbach pointed toward the fence remembering the tree and asked Fazio if that was the original find area.

Fazio responded by explaining the growth of the tree - would at that time make the fire under the foliage due to the growth of the trees.

Therefore - in a 1980 photo find those 2 tree and the fence line and just beyond the tree foliage is where the money was found.

The location in 2001 due to the growth of the tree would have put the fire under the foliage.

Remember how a tree grows in 20 yrs. The fire to be area was outside of the foliage in 1980....but would have been under the foliage in 2000.

I am not a good judge of how many feet when we walked forward to the location of the money find - toward the trees.

In 2001 at the time of the documentary....the beach was pretty wide. The distance between the trees and the water line vary during the yr because of the snow melt and water.

A comment was made about the shed by Himmelsbach....a shed that was not there in 2001. I am the one that asked what the shed was for. Fazio told me it was to store equipment needed to keep the beach clean and boating equipment. That shed was also back just outside of the fence.

The shed had been removed. Fazio explained why but I do not remember what he said. Himmelsbach had asked Fazio about the shed.

I was more intent in looking at the area toward the house and then just east of the house looking back a the parking are were I sat in the car waiting for Duane in 1979.

Therefore just judging in my opinion the money find was Less than 40 feet from the fence & NOT 40 yds as some of those so called Sleuths have maintained. 40 yds would have put the money in the river!

Eye witness account and logic. I suggest some of you guys find pictures of the beach in 1979, 1980 and 2001...real pics - not just arials.

Some one commented about what appeared to be a hole and then someone suggest a fishing tent.

Probably the shed - and it was not out on the beach but near the fence and tree line.

Rivers do change and that river floods and it changes with the melting of the snow...I only know what it looked like in 1980 and 2001 and in 1980 I did not go below the parking area.

HOPE this help to clarify some of the disputes about the money find.

"..You better handle Hatley with kid gloves there, Bruce. I spoke to him once and did a couple of emails. You push him just once the wrong way and he will toss both your butts out of his DZ in a quick-fast New York hurry. Seriously. He's REAL touchy..."

Not to worry, Bobby. Sail's trophy wife is coming with us, so I expect Ralphie will be butter in our hands. Kind of like the Beauty and the Beasts.