47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Danielle1010

I swear Robert i will never ask you for Bernard Wayne Geestmans address again

Dana, I have a P.O. Box but it is NOT valid anymore. I also want to talk to Geestman - but, only to learn more about the Woman who Rode Horses standing - as it was something Duane told me about. He did mention Paradise park and the BOYS used to stay there - ALL in the same conversation which was brief upon our passing thru that area on the HWY in 1979.

MY private Email is Homes4ubyjo@aol. com

I will not provide you with the address, but perhaps together we can get that interview with Geestman. All phone numbers for any Geestman are NO longer VALID. Blevins basically caused them to put themselves underground.

After reading your next post - I realize you are not Dana - but that was hoping beyond all hope that she was actually working with the old files her relative left her with. Hope you find Geestman - but just remember he is very elderly. The information Blevins has is either false or he drove these individuals into hiding. More likely they are in retirement centers or nursing homes.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

How do we know the tie clasp in photos was put on the tie by Cooper and not by an investigator?

Also, when I wear a tie clasp, I clasp the tie to my shirt. There's only one way to do that, and it doesn't tell you whether I'm right-handed or left.

-Mark

Robert99

I can put him [Duane] in a Chute...

Jo,

We are waiting for you to retract this. It is not the truth.

Jo, When you retract the above claim, how about also admitting that your recent claims about Duane being involved in some heroic incidents are also false. And, further, the information on the incidents you described was based on things you saw on the CIA's web page and cable TV.

Robert99

NO WAY! NO retraction. I do NOT have Cable and I have NOT been to the CIA web site - but if you have it please post the url. I would like to read it.

I have read a lot of things about CIA and others over the last 15 yrs - so YOU have to be specific.

skyjack71

Jo, When you retract the above claim, how about also admitting that your recent claims about Duane being involved in some heroic incidents are also false. And, further, the information on the incidents you described was based on things you saw on the CIA's web page and cable TV.

Robert99

NO WAY! NO retraction. I do NOT have Cable and I have NOT been to the CIA web site - but if you have it please post the url. I would like to read it.

I have read a lot of things about CIA and others over the last 15 yrs - so YOU have to be specific.

Jo, Just read your own original post on the heroics and you will have all the information. No need to pretend otherwise and go through the motions of claiming that you just found the CIA web page.

Robert99

Stop stalling Jo.

You said you can put Duane in a chute.

Do it right now, or admit you told something less than the truth. Others might call it a lie but I'll be more kind.

Maybe you'll say since the FBI can't prove that Duane wasn't a parachutist, then it's evidence that he was. You've used that twisted logic before.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Amazon

I wonder what this forum would be like if we did not have people attacking others daily out of their own over inflated egos... what do you think???

I have recently avoided the inflated egos. What I do state has been proven and stated by those who should know....putting Weber in WA and in a chute. Why should I engage or reply to these individuals? NO good reason I can think of.

:DDid I ever post the pictures of MOUSE! I don't remember if I did - but, Curtis Eng was amused on the phone. I do NOT know what he thought when he actually saw Mouse...or if he even looked at the photo!

Always wondered because I told him I would send it - if the receiving agent who got the pic but didn't show it to him - Shame on him!

:ph34r:Maybe they had a good LAUGH - you think!

;)Maybe it was Cooper's good luck charm & not relevent to the Cooper saga. Just something an old man kept and was attached to for some odd reason.

Jo wrote

I have recently avoided the inflated egos. What I do state has been proven and stated by those who should know....putting Weber in WA and in a chute. Why should I engage or reply to these individuals? NO good reason I can think of.

Truly pathetic. Shame on you Jo. You are dancing and dodging like a little kid caught in a lie.

You said YOU could put Duane in a chute. Now you are hedging and trying to avoid taking any responsibility for your extraordinary claim.

I expected better from you.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

RobertMBlevins

I thought after that 750-page book with most of my works (it's bigger than a phone book) those 486 illustrated articles at Newsvine, and fifty-plus outside book edits someone might consider me a writer.

You could use an editor.

Mark

Robert99

Robert99

Jo, Just read your own original post on the heroics and you will have all the information. No need to pretend otherwise and go through the motions of claiming that you just found the CIA web page.

Robert99

Robert DO you have any idea how much stuff on the CIA has been posted in this thread & how much I have researched & usually NOT on line, but in books I read. I didn't keep a list of the books.

If what I said is in an article or book you can believe this much. I had reason to remember it - as I had already heard the story or stories or the information.

I have no military background.
I have research subjects Duane mentioned regardind CIA and other things. I started to read anything I could put my hands on in 2000 after the FBI was CAUGHT in an OUT and OUT lie about Weber. THAT is WHAT started my searching....looking for the things Duane had told me about.

I will go back to the posting you are referencing and will separate infomation Duane actually talked about from any other information I may have retrived or remembered for other sources other sources. It is probably a melting together of what I had been told and what I have learned along the way.

If that is what you require then please tell me so. My time is limited on postings.

Jo wrote

Truly pathetic. Shame on you Jo. You are dancing and dodging like a little kid caught in a lie.

You said YOU could put Duane in a chute. Now you are hedging and trying to avoid taking any responsibility for your extraordinary claim.

Eng said to me "you can put him in Wa and in a chute, but you have to put him on the plane" HIS exact words! Perhaps you better re-read the words! This happened after I found the old arrest record that had been concealed all of these yrs. I had individuals in Spokane trying to find old files! Did we find them?

:)

Jo wrote

Your CALL - place your bet!

Attached is a pic of MOUSE!
Bet the FBI had the best laugh they ever got out of Cooper!

Damn - I was sure he was down loaded - maybe I just had the hard copies and made enlargements. Darn.
New printer/scanner so give me some time as I have never down loaded anything with darn complicated things before....old one was a breeze.

RobertMBlevins

***You could use an editor.

Mark

Right. You could have asked. No one edits their own work, not even editors.

Mine is Geoff Nelder from Chester, Great Britain. Masters in English, career as teacher in same. Good friend and confidante. I wouldn't be the same guy without him. The only thing we disagree on is Marmite. He likes it.
I don't. I gave it a chance. He mailed me some and I tried it. ;)

QED

Mark

RobertMBlevins

***Weber was LEFT HANDED but wore his watch on his Left arm like everyone else and the pictures prove it

Take a picture of a letter or something else extensive he wrote...and post it. Lefties are not that tough to spot in their writing. Even his signature alone might do it. I'm not saying you are wrong (you lived with him, you should know) but something supporting your statement would help. People have blasted you on everything else, maybe this time you can prove them wrong about Weber on at least this point.

ALL of that has been posted before.
Duane was left handed and there are samples of that on this thread...go back to the time of SLUGGO.

Jo wrote

Whoa, Three-Seven-Seven. You and Jo are headed toward thin ice here.

But it will be interesting to see how Mrs. Cooper responds to your postings of late, since you are the King of Civil Discourse at the DZ.

Character Assassination is Jo's preferred choice of weapon, but attacking you is risky.

I suppose she may just have to ignore you. Or raise some new tantilizing tease as a distracting.

I'm not even sure she knows what she is doing. She seems just to post from her gut. Her attacks appear to be instinctual.

I wonder how she will respond to these words? It's one of the reasons I read the DZ.

Bruce,

Jo will claim she was only quoting Eng. She should admit her statement was misleading and untrue, and she should retract it, but that's hoping for too much.

It's not a vicious attack. I still like Jo and I'll still assist her with database searches when I can, but friends don't let friends bend the truth.

I GIVE UP - I scanned the mouse 3 times and I can't find him and when I do he won't post. I is after 4AM here and I am going to bed - been CHASING this damn mouse for 3 Hrs now!:(

It is day break and I still have not got that damn mouse yet. Enjoy the mafia pic - have NO idea when it was taken - long before I ever met him and he looks really gruff and skuffy and the mouth is just weird. I was told it was taken around 1972 - but I do not know about that - Probably just movement or a bad photo.

Finally got that bad boy - It is day break - now I can go to bed and sleep all day long! Need to after chasing that little bastard all night.

RobertMBlevins

***Weber was LEFT HANDED but wore his watch on his Left arm like everyone else and the pictures prove it

Take a picture of a letter or something else extensive he wrote...and post it. Lefties are not that tough to spot in their writing. Even his signature alone might do it. I'm not saying you are wrong (you lived with him, you should know) but something supporting your statement would help. People have blasted you on everything else, maybe this time you can prove them wrong about Weber on at least this point.

Correct. I'm left handed and my handwriting is horrible. Binders/spirals are a huge enemy along with scissors. depending on the pen I sometimes have to wait for the ink to dry while writing something. sharpies...yikes B|

as I mentioned before not all left handed people wear watches on the right.

watches2u.com writes:
President Barack Obama has been observed wearing watches on his right wrist, despite the fact he is left-handed. According to Michael Balfour of the Financial Times, the president has been "constantly photographed" wearing his timepieces in this way. He noted that other well-known left-handers throughout history have also chosen to sport their watches in this way. Mr Balfour flagged up the famous promotional poster to the 1971 movie Le Mans as one example of where this trend can be seen. The poster depicts left-handed actor Steve McQueen zipping up his racing suit with a chronographic watch on his right wrist. However, Mr Balfour went on to stress that not all left-handed people sport their watches in this way. He added that there are plenty of watches available on the market that are suitable for left-handers to wear. According to the organisers of the annual Left-Handers' Day, people with this trait tend to be particularly good at sport, especially swimming, tennis and fencing.

since nobody confirmed Cooper to be left handed, none of this really matters...
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

skyjack71

Robert99

Robert99

Robert DO you have any idea how much stuff on the CIA has been posted in this thread & how much I have researched & usually NOT on line, but in books I read. I didn't keep a list of the books.

If what I said is in an article or book you can believe this much. I had reason to remember it - as I had already heard the story or stories or the information.

I have no military background.
I have research subjects Duane mentioned regardind CIA and other things. I started to read anything I could put my hands on in 2000 after the FBI was CAUGHT in an OUT and OUT lie about Weber. THAT is WHAT started my searching....looking for the things Duane had told me about.

I will go back to the posting you are referencing and will separate infomation Duane actually talked about from any other information I may have retrived or remembered for other sources other sources. It is probably a melting together of what I had been told and what I have learned along the way.

If that is what you require then please tell me so. My time is limited on postings.

Jo, Among other things, it would be a good idea to take a look at the dates this information was posted by the CIA on their web page. Maybe it would help you keep your time lines straight.

Further, perhaps my personal knowledge on some matters about which you have recently written exceeds your own. And Duane's as well. You can interpret that any way you want.

Robert99

quade

Keep it civil or it's all going to be trashed.

Let's be civil when we discuss this topic I'm bringing to the thread...

You may see the name jeannie McCombs toward the top of the History and Trivia forum. A very famous and revered name in our sport. jeanne died in the 70s and I never had the pleasure of meeting her.

I bring the above into this thread because I spent a few minutes reading about her. She was very well-known during the time I owned dropzones.

I ended up reading something dear to all of your hearts. Here is what I found:

"In 1981, I worked on the movie "Pursuit of D.B. Cooper." I doubled Treat Williams for the skydiving scene. I, and four other stunt doubles, jumped from a 727 over a town named "Groveland" just east of Yosemite, CA. We each made two jumps from the 727 from 8,000 feet. I have no doubt D.B. Cooper made it. Several of us "old timers" in the sport believe we know D.B. Cooper's true identity."

You can read the thread here: http://www.ffcars.com/...kydiving-dc-9-a.html

The beauty of the Internet.

Don't stop reading after just the quote I'm providing read all of the material within the thread.

====
Note regarding an edit to the above: When I first posted this, the URL linking function gave me a 404 error. In the event that you have problems also here is the full URL without the DZ.com truncation that the URL function creates which you can copy/paste. If the link doesn't work from within the posting copy and paste the below URL into your browser.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/43-off-topic-discussions/208021-skydiving-dc-9-a.html
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Interesting read. how old was Thomas in 72? his picture sure looks pretty good. I did notice his hair was parted in the middle. but also noticed the sideburns.

this kind of puts a damper on it though:
"Norton Thomas was a lawyer so he wasn't without means of support. Even taking court appointed indigent defense cases can keep you at a reasonable lifestyle level (food, gas, rent & skydiving money, life's essentials). Why would he throw that all away for a quick 200K?"

shows a possibility of knowledge without working for Boeing. I found a picture of him seen below.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Skydivers who knew him said Norton Thomas was a lawyer and represented motorcycle gangs and members.

Oddly I can find no listing of him in the State Bar of California membership records and the list includes deceased CA attorneys. Basically if you were ever a CA bar member you are in the list.

I checked Norton Thomas and Robert Norton Thomas which was reportedly his real name.