47 47
quade

DB Cooper

mrshutter45

this is where things really get confusing Jo.

a couple hours ago you stated this:
"OLD lady common sense. Make fun of it but, I was with him the day he took a walk down to the beach at Tena's bar and told me to stay in the car. he had on a blue nylon wind breaker - the pocket were large enough to hold several bundles of banded money."

July 3, 2008 you said this.
OK. Duane went NO WHERE near Tena's bar. The closest we got was the Red Lion Inn at the bridge.

this doesn't sound good here Jo????

here is the post....

I have no idea what was going on at that time - I think JT was giving me a hard time, but I will go back and see if I can find out WHY I said that. Perhaps that was when someone was trying to convice me I had never been to Tena's bar - for the life of me I do NOT remember saying anything like that. JT was really going at me one time insisting I had never been to Tena's bar. I was starting to believe at one time that it was NOT Tena's bar because of JT. BUT my trip in 2010 was all the affirmation I needed.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

RobertMBlevins

***Robert, do you know how wide V-23 is considered to be?

Radar and the reports from the crew, along with the work of NWA employees, is basically how they determined the probable spot Cooper jumped. And it was miles from Tena Bar. That's all I know. Maybe someone should just ask Bill Rataczak the Big Question: 'Was 305 EVER west of the Interstate 5 freeway before it overflew the Vancouver area?'

I would look into it just a little more before trying to disprove something you are not familiar with. I'm not saying it was miles away from Tena's bar. I asked if you knew how wide V-23 was. I don't have all of the evidence to claim it was near Tena Bar. Robert99 is making that claim. I'm all ears on what his conclusions are rather than just shooting the theory down without knowing all the details. lot's of people thought the world was flat until it was proven to be wrong.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

skyjack71

***this is where things really get confusing Jo.

a couple hours ago you stated this:
"OLD lady common sense. Make fun of it but, I was with him the day he took a walk down to the beach at Tena's bar and told me to stay in the car. he had on a blue nylon wind breaker - the pocket were large enough to hold several bundles of banded money."

July 3, 2008 you said this.
OK. Duane went NO WHERE near Tena's bar. The closest we got was the Red Lion Inn at the bridge.

this doesn't sound good here Jo????

here is the post....

I have no idea what was going on at that time - I think JT was giving me a hard time, but I will go back and see if I can find out WHY I said that. Perhaps that was when someone was trying to convice me I had never been to Tena's bar - for the life of me I do NOT remember saying anything like that. JT was really going at me one time insisting I had never been to Tena's bar. I was starting to believe at one time that it was NOT Tena's bar because of JT. BUT my trip in 2010 was all the affirmation I needed.

2011 you said this:

It comes down to memory and time. Time and Space....to remember something that happened 22 yrs before you have reason to recall it - your mind condenses and catelogues specific incidences, but does not compensate for time. The Fazio house and the gate and the water and the area across the river, but that is the only memory I have of Tena's bar.

2008 again:
I do - I was there in 1979 - not at Tena's bar but above that. I have also seen many photos of the area. I was at Tena's bar in 2001.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

We had been in a heated discussion about the money find. This was when Safe Crack insisted the money got there from being thrown in to the river at The Red Lion. Seems like I was angry because I could see that, but I was agreeing in anger. I will have to read the posting before and after, but as I read the rest of the post - it sounds like I was trying to defend the fact that Duane did NOT put the money on Tena's bar in 1971.

Weber was no where near Tena's bar in 1971, but in 1979 he was and that is when he went down to the river.
I had only been to WA in 1979 with Duane and in 2001 with the TV crew. Perhaps I was questioning my mind and my memory.

Perhaps trying to see things from their view point and until I got back to WA in 2010 the sequence of things was getting really out of site with everything the thread was discussing.

Until I read the rest of the posting prior to that and after that - the only explanation I can make. I have a feeling it was the anger and frustration and easier to just agree to agree instead of fighting back for what I knew in my mind and memory was right.

mrshutter45

Robert, do you know how wide V-23 is considered to be?

Shutter, In 1971 I think the Victor Airways were 5 STATUTE MILES on each side of the airway centerline, which was determined by a radial from each VOR station that was a part of the airway.

In the present day it is 4 NAUTICAL MILES (or 4.6 STATUTE MILES) on each side of the airway centerline with some additional widths, based on degrees from the VOR stations, when the stations are more than about 100 NAUTICAL MILES apart.

Robert99

RobertMBlevins

*********Robert, do you know how wide V-23 is considered to be?

Radar and the reports from the crew, along with the work of NWA employees, is basically how they determined the probable spot Cooper jumped. And it was miles from Tena Bar. That's all I know. Maybe someone should just ask Bill Rataczak the Big Question: 'Was 305 EVER west of the Interstate 5 freeway before it overflew the Vancouver area?'

I would look into it just a little more before trying to disprove something you are not familiar with. I'm not saying it was miles away from Tena's bar. I asked if you knew how wide V-23 was. I don't have all of the evidence to claim it was near Tena Bar. Robert99 is making that claim. I'm all ears on what his conclusions are rather than just shooting the theory down without knowing all the details. lot's of people thought the world was flat until it was proven to be wrong.

What Robert99 alleges is a radical re-write of the evidence, but you ARE right that there's always a chance he could prove the FBI and NWA wrong about the whole thing. I still believe Bill Rataczak's opinion would be valuable here, though. Since Robert99 is an experienced pilot, and he is the one working on this angle, I think it's his job to contact Rataczak and voice-record the results. (With Rataczak's permission, of course.) Rataczak will take phone calls, but he screens the calls first. Can't say I blame him. And you can't even reach his phone message base if you show up as Anonymous or Info Unavailable on the Caller ID. Rataczak is listed, but wants to KNOW who is calling. I think Robert99, because he is a legit investigator, a pilot, and yes...hasn't written a book...could get his questions answered. :)
that's a good answer Robert. I think everyone would like to speak with someone who was there. I don't think Robert99 would object either. I need more documentation from Robert99 before I make any conclusions on his findings. I trust and respect his background of knowledge in this area. I am all ears when he speaks. same goes for Georger. these guys can run circles around me with what they know.....B|

skyjack71

We had been in a heated discussion about the money find. This was when Safe Crack insisted the money got there from being thrown in to the river at The Red Lion. Seems like I was angry because I could see that, but I was agreeing in anger. I will have to read the posting before and after, but as I read the rest of the post - it sounds like I was trying to defend the fact that Duane did NOT put the money on Tena's bar in 1971.

Weber was no where near Tena's bar in 1971, but in 1979 he was and that is when he went down to the river.
I had only been to WA in 1979 with Duane and in 2001 with the TV crew. Perhaps I was questioning my mind and my memory.

Perhaps trying to see things from their view point and until I got back to WA in 2010 the sequence of things was getting really out of site with everything the thread was discussing.

Until I read the rest of the posting prior to that and after that - the only explanation I can make. I have a feeling it was the anger and frustration and easier to just agree to agree instead of fighting back for what I knew in my mind and memory was right.

Jo, Your ability to dance around a subject is admirable.

Robert99

Shutter posted:
2011 you said this:

It comes down to memory and time. Time and Space....to remember something that happened 22 yrs before you have reason to recall it - your mind condenses and catelogues specific incidences, but does not compensate for time. The Fazio house and the gate and the water and the area across the river, but that is the only memory I have of Tena's bar.

Jo Replies:
As for the statement of 2011 - that was NOT all I remembered it was just summary of what I saw in 1979. The approach the crew made was a different approach from the way Duane had taken me there - I discovered this in 2010. I had asked Himmelsback as we were leaving in 2001 one regarding the industrial sites to the East and then he explaine we could have come in on the other road just above that - and he pointed it out to me. Then I knew i was right about Tena's bar. Remember I was very frustrated by the cameras and the crew wanted a story that is all. It was zip to here and zip to there - I had NO chance to digest anything.

Shutter posted:

2008 again:
I do - I was there in 1979 - not at Tena's bar but above that. I have also seen many photos of the area. I was at Tena's bar in 2001.

Jo Replies - again there was discussion going on left and right.
Duane did take me further to the West and I even asked the crew to drive me down there, because something just didn't feel right after I walked out to the beach - which is something I should NOT have done.

In 1979 I did NOT go down to the beach with Duane - he told me to stay in the car. My walking down to the beach with the Crew, Himmelsbach and Mr. Fazion in 2001 was the wrong thing to do. But, it is what the crew wanted.

When they asked me to get down and act like I was scooping sand a way - I walked back up to the trees and let them finish what they were doing. Seeing it from the beach in 2001 was not how I saw it in 1979 with Duane. I wanted to see what was on down the road and they did as I asked, but nothing West of there caused any bells to go off...but I was just verifying what I had viewed from the parking lot while they did their thing on the beach.

Things had changed between 1979 and 2001. Trees were larger -and a few changes made.. I had to make sure that was it. The thread was making postings with arials showing the house sitting at a seemingly different angle than what I was seeing in 1971 and 2001 - I had seen the house in 1979 only from the front and was of the opinion it was rectangular and in 2001 it seemed rectangular

The ariels the thread posted - made me feel I had the wrong place. I kept asking for actual photos of the front of the house and not the ariels - I still cannot make head or tail out of ariels.

P.S. I have made these replies and I did NOT go back and try to find the posting you are referencing above.
I am speaking off the top of my head.

The first posting where you directed me to the actual post in its entirety gave me enough to know it seemed to be an extremely difficult period in 2008. I was bouncing off the wall with Georger. I wish I had been able to have gotten on a plane in 2008 and have confronted them. It was about that time I kept ASKING for actual pictures of the front of the house and the back of the house. The ariels did NOT show the house I remembered. NOT one person in this thread ever explained why the house looked one way by viewing it first hand (1979 and 2001)and appear to be another house all together from arials they claimed were dated in those yrs.

Of course I have also found out a lot of guys change the data on things they post. Such as the composite one of them changed, but forgot to change the ID number. Someone created a composite and passed it off as one of the real composites. It was a fake - when they do a new composite the give it a new number.

Never knew what was real and what had been altered. They change the hairline and the mouth.

Stupid me didn't catch it!

Robert99

***Robert, do you know how wide V-23 is considered to be?

Shutter, In 1971 I think the Victor Airways were 5 STATUTE MILES on each side of the airway centerline, which was determined by a radial from each VOR station that was a part of the airway.

In the present day it is 4 NAUTICAL MILES (or 4.6 STATUTE MILES) on each side of the airway centerline with some additional widths, based on degrees from the VOR stations, when the stations are more than about 100 NAUTICAL MILES apart.

Robert99

thanks, I was under the impression of 8, I was close.

RobertMBlevins

Your theory doesn't fit the known evidence.

. . . . . . . . . .

On the subject of the rubber band tests, since Kaye did not get to see the originals that crumbled on the money, it is difficult for Kaye (in my opinion only) to determine how long the money was actually at Tena Bar before it was found.

. . . . . . . . . .

Ask Georger WHEN the FBI actually dealt with the stews after the hijacking...I mean when they actually got down to cases with them. And where it was done. Especially Mucklow and Alice Hancock.

Blevins, My "theory" fits the "evidence" but not your "opinions".

You need to check Tom Kaye's web page to see what his investigation of the rubber bands included. It was much more comprehensive and thorough than you apparently believe.

The interviews with the passengers and two flight attendants started immediately after they left the aircraft and probably before the airliner had even taken off for Reno.

According to information in the initial write up and elsewhere, the original drop zone was estimated from information that was available before the airliner even landed in Reno. And it was estimated by NWA personnel.

Robert99

mrshutter45

******Robert, do you know how wide V-23 is considered to be?

Robert99

thanks, I was under the impression of 8, I was close.

Shutter, Let me clarify this a bit. The "width" of the airway would have been 10 STATUTE MILES in 1971 and 8 or more NAUTICAL MILES currently.

Robert99

Tom Kaye had this to say:
Dec 17, 2008

Jo,

I can tell you absolutely, positively and with COMPLETE authority, that the bills on Tena Bar had nothing to do with Duane and the bag your talking about.

I am listening to all your evidence carefully and trying objectively to see if any of it fits into our investigation. In this particular case the question is answered. Now this is my test for you to see if in fact you really are accepting of new facts that prove Duane innocent or guilty. If you don't accept my answer, and continue to believe the bag is related to the money, it will color your other evidence from my perspective.

Thanks,

Tom

Robert99

***We had been in a heated discussion about the money find. This was when Safe Crack insisted the money got there from being thrown in to the river at The Red Lion. Seems like I was angry because I could see that, but I was agreeing in anger. I will have to read the posting before and after, but as I read the rest of the post - it sounds like I was trying to defend the fact that Duane did NOT put the money on Tena's bar in 1971.

Jo, Your ability to dance around a subject is admirable.

Robert99

ROBERT99 - I did not dance around anything - you were not here in 2008. Did you READ all of the posting during that time?

HEY you want someone should start to pick you apart - well, you are very bias in your statements and you only see your focus which often shifts - and defies the evidence. YOU think I haven't noticed how you shifted positions in the last few wks....it is called steering. You are the one doing the dancing and trying to lead.

Jan 21, 2008

I never said anything like that!
This is the way it was:

I was at Tena' Bar in 2000 - there were no shacks there - it used to be a farm. I referrence cabins and not shack and the area of concern is much further EAST. NOT as Tena's Bar.

On the Sentimental Journey - he took me to what I think was his safe place and that was a long way from his drop. He did take me to the Columbia after we left Seattle on the way to Tahoe To where there used to be an old Cabin - which is not there anymore...this is when he went down the hill and told me to stay in the car.

Then after that we went to a Motel just below the Vancouver Bridge where he tossed something in the river - but this package was already in the car - I thought it was trash - I went to the restroom and when I returned he had already discarded this bag.
Note, the trash can was empty at the site.

The ONLY time I have been to Tena's bar was when the TV crew took me there in 2000 ---I refused to get on the beach and act like I was looking for money - because when we got there I was ADAMANT that this WAS not the PLACE he took me to IN 1979.

I walked away from the Crew and Himmelsbach back to the cars...I was crying and wanted to be alone.
I was not going to pretend this was the area Duane took me to in 1979.

very confusing.......

mrshutter45

Tom Kaye had this to say:
Dec 17, 2008

Jo,

I can tell you absolutely, positively and with COMPLETE authority, that the bills on Tena Bar had nothing to do with Duane and the bag your talking about.

I am listening to all your evidence carefully and trying objectively to see if any of it fits into our investigation. In this particular case the question is answered. Now this is my test for you to see if in fact you really are accepting of new facts that prove Duane innocent or guilty. If you don't accept my answer, and continue to believe the bag is related to the money, it will color your other evidence from my perspective.

Thanks,

Tom

He is talking about the paper bag and it was Safecrack that kept insisting the money got there from the Red Lion, but I had conversations with Safecrack and thought it possible, but...it was one of the theories out there. I wonder what happened to the money in that paper bag? Where did it drift to and/or did it just sink to the bottom of the river and out to sea. What happened to the money he ditched across from the PDX.

What did he do down at the river across from the PDX.

What was in the paper bag he threw into the river at the Red Lion.

We know what happend to the money at Tena's bar - they found it!

What happened to the packet (candy wrapper) Duane threw out of the car when we were coming back across the bridge from Oregon and back into WA.

Who was the woman he went to see down there at the antique store - she was no longer there.

How did he know the guy as the garage.

Was the woman at the antique story the woman he was referring to about the grave yard on The Washing side and he mentioned the grist mill.

Who were the boys who stayed over in the park West of the highway. What did they do.

Who were the guys that went to the beack at that point - they worked over there.

What was the name of the Smorgaborg the guys at at in the Longwood area.

How can Duane know all of these -peoples in WA.

" I wonder what happened to the money in that paper bag?"

Jo, you can't possibly answer that question without any facts.
the facts we know are Duane said it was trash. you are trying
to say it was money, even with self admission of not knowing
what was in the bag.

a theory is based on facts. since you don't know what was in
the bag. the theory becomes speculation.

Attached Photo of Sheridan from Boeing News Nov. 1, 1962

Had trouble because the photo was too large (greater than the limit allowed) So I have cut the picture down Upper Half and Lower Half. That way the resolution is still very good for details.

Note that Sheridan was dressed this way "Just like DB did for NORJAK" Dark suit, white shirt, narrow black tie, and loffers. And this was all way before NORJAK. He actually did a demonstration jump for the Boeing Skydiving Club and dressed this way.

Also, Robbert99 says:

"Don't be like one of the current posters whose candidate for D.B. Cooper is a fellow who stiffed him out of $5 rent more than 50 years ago. That poster remembers ever single "slight" and there is no forgiveness as far as he is concerned. "

I Say:

Robbert, get your facts at least correct before you attempt to make your pitiful personal attacks. Sheridan failed to pay his $35 room rent for his first month at my place and was asked to leave when he did not pay by the end of the month That is why we had no receipt for Sheridan when the FBI stopped by to talk with my wife./b]

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

mrshutter45

a theory is based on facts. since you don't know what was in
the bag. the theory becomes speculation.

Well, put the entire trip and the subseqent actions of Weber and his confession in place - it goes a little further than just speculation - you are drawing a very fine line between speculation and theory. :)

it appears from reading back into the thread you said you were not around Tena Bar several times.

Jan 21, 2008
I was at Tena' Bar in 2000
The ONLY time I have been to Tena's bar was when the TV crew took me there in 2000
I was ADAMANT that this WAS not the PLACE he took me to IN 1979.

July 3, 2008

I do - I was there in 1979 - not at Tena's bar but above that

according to your statements, this could not be the place you are now stating Duane was at where he told you to wait in the car. you were very ADAMANT about these facts.

when exactly were you in Washington. you state September a lot, but I also found a post where you stated possibly mid October. this now only give 4-5 months from Feb 10, 1980. not to mention Tom Kaye giving his view of this.

if Duane kept the money above ground it would not be damaged. if he put it in a container that was sealed. the money would not be damaged. if the container leaked over the years. the money would be damaged more than what was shown on Tena Bar in my opinion...if we are to understand the crime was committed for the cash, why in the world would it be hidden, buried or not spent? it doesn't fit into the reason of the crime.

a Government operation doesn't fit into this either. they could do this little operation standing on there heads. they wouldn't leave it open like this....period.

Point 1:

The photo of Sheridan shows a serious receding hairline - which Coopers was high but not considered receding because he had the irregularities the witnesses tried to describe to the artist.

The photo of Sheridan - show a strong chin with a cleft which was not part of the Cooper description.

The photo of Sheridan shows none of the cheek lines and higher cheek bones demonstrated by the composite.

I personally see no resembalance, but of course my opinion is bias.
I will include the fact that Sheridan does not meet the criterior the witnesses provided to the artist.

There is a plan to make public some clips of Rose as he was interviewed and hopefully the statements he makes in this clip - will substanciate claims made by me and by the witnesses. I did NOT know this clip was available, but evidently someone has acquired access to it.

Point 2:

The shoes on Sheridan have a lace up. They are NOT loafer and the witness report said they were ankle shoes. There has always been a question about what was meant by ankle shoes and then another report said loafer. I do not know if this was the media or the witnesses changing their minds about the footwear Cooper wore.

THis should have been addressed and clarified by the FBI in their examination of the witnesses. Seems like NO one REALLY noted Coopers foot apparalle until the questions where asked by the FBI.

skyjack71

Seems like NO one REALLY noted Coopers foot apparalle until the questions where asked by the FBI.

Jo, Maybe the FBI agents were the first people to bring up the subject of the footwear. They would probably also try to determine the brand of underwear that Cooper was wearing. Just the facts, please.

Robert99

"THis should have been addressed and clarified by the FBI in their examination of the witnesses."

Ckret posted this in the previous thread:
"Mucklow spent hours with him and described his shoes in detail (something a woman might notice) even down to the grain of the leather. She was certain to state they were slip on's. There is nothing in the investigation that points to Mucklow not being reliable in her statement so I give it weight. Of course that is different than actual fact but I do believe Cooper had slip ons."

not a bad statement from a person who looks like a "deer caught in the headlights" terrified etc. etc. B|

Jo Stated:

Jan 21, 2008
I was at Tena' Bar in 2000
The ONLY time I have been to Tena's bar was when the TV crew took me there in 2000
I was ADAMANT that this WAS not the PLACE he took me to IN 1979.

I was upset they wanted me to pretend to get down to push sand away - and I had yet to comfirm it was the same spot - I knew the entrance was right and the house was right and the trees right. I wanted to see what other properties were near there. They had taken me into the property for an angle I did not arrive by in 1979 with Duane Weber. This was later resolved by Himmelsbach and myself sitting in the back of the car the crew provided when I mention the industrial building and Mr. H. pointed to the other road.
When I knew the direction I was then certain of the area and the location.

I was telling my reactions to the pressure of the crew - they didn't let me think...there was too much going on. I was adamant at the time of the viewing, but later after digesting the other places they quickly zipped thur and able to think I knew it was the right place.

Jo Stated:

July 3, 2008

I have already explain this as the rest of the post let me know what and why that statement was made. I was being given a hard time by Georger and others. When you put the entire post up and the ones before and after - you can clearly see that was a statement taken out of context per the rest of the posting before and after and in that same post. I do this in conversation and I try to write as I think and speak. It may be out of context and impulsive which makes me really hard to follow. I am all over the place - my mind is jumping from the present to the past and everywhere in between and then hit on things the listen or ready feels totally irrelevant. I interject things of no value to the subject at hand - because I am afraid I will forget it, if I don't say it then.

Shutter asked:

when exactly were you in Washington. you state September a lot, but I also found a post where you stated possibly mid October. this now only give 4-5 months from Feb 10, 1980. not to mention Tom Kaye giving his view of this.

Jo States:
I was uncertain exactly the dates, but a young man pulled the weather reports and this thread also pulled some information that help to tie down the time line of the trip to WA in 1979.

When we left Ft. Collins I wore shorts to Salt Lake and I have pictures of myself in those shorts in Salt Lake. Note the flowers blooming in the pic I took of the man Duane instructed me to make.

I do NOT care to post a pics of myself on the thread. Now when I look at those shorts - I wonder why I ever wore them. It was a tacky outfit.

I knew it was warm on that day and the next day was cooler...so I wore my jeans and threw the short in the back seat encase it got warmer. Duane assured me it was only going to get cooler and it did.

When we left WA several days later we went to TAHOE and while there attended a performance by Englebert. By using that criterior one young man was able to to figure out it was the last week of Sept and the thread tied down the Englebert appearance in Tahoe.

So from the weather is was assumed it was the last wk of Sept. and of course I know the yr was 1979.

Some times I get so frustrated I come off as totally irrational. This thread has taken its toll on me. I had never dealt with having to take some of the garbage that was thrown at me. I didn't know how to compose things off line and then post them. So my postings were made on a spare of the moment and I didn't go back and read what I had said. My posting would reflect my anger and sadness and frustration and often I had put in a full day doing other thing. If you will note the times on the posting - remember it was 2 hour later here than it was for the people I would be talking to. Midnight in WA is 2AM here. So on those evening they went on to 2 and 3 AM their time it was 4 and 5 AM here.

mrshutter45

"THis should have been addressed and clarified by the FBI in their examination of the witnesses."

Ckret posted this in the previous thread:
"Mucklow spent hours with him and described his shoes in detail (something a woman might notice) even down to the grain of the leather. She was certain to state they were slip on's. There is nothing in the investigation that points to Mucklow not being reliable in her statement so I give it weight. Of course that is different than actual fact but I do believe Cooper had slip ons."

not a bad statement from a person who looks like a "deer caught in the headlights" terrified etc. etc. B|

Jo States:
I believe you will find that Ckret probagated a lot of false information.

I was told - ankle shoes or boots.
Yes, she did note the grain and as I told Himmelsbach there was a pair I had tried to throw away before Duane died and I did give all of them to the mission after Duane died. I probably should have checked all of the shoes to see if there was anything hidden in them - but, I didn't. I did what most widows do - clean out the closet and take it to the Mission.

You are taking from Ckret's post an opinion and NOT an exact quote from the FBI files or an agent working the case in 1971. Ckret often interjected his OPIONIONS and did NOT adhere to what was in official files. Tina was interviewed MORE than one time. One was for a TV program yrs later. This would be the same program that drew another composite, but I do NOT know the yrs of this and I never saw the clip as no one provided it.

Jo, the FBI has more credibility than you do. I can also use your statement as a "opinion" where in the FBI description for Cooper does it claim boots?

"I was told - ankle shoes or boots." I can't believe anyone remotely claiming Cooper had boots on!!!