47 47
quade

DB Cooper

The FBI is telling you correctly: KC has not been eliminated as a suspect.

Neither has Duane Weber.
Neither has LD Cooper
Neither has Sheridan Peterson.
Neither have countless others who were about that age, but were never investigated.

Until they identify the hijacker or have proof any of those people were not involved, they can not be eliminated.

So, your email from the FBI really doesn't say anything one way or the other.

You're right. Except for Weber, whom they investigated and officially dismissed years ago. Kind of makes you wonder what they're doing up there in Seattle lately on the case. I think they got burned pretty hard on the Marla Fable and don't know which way to turn anymore. One thing's for sure, they haven't gone public on anything much since that time. :)
Edit: Georger, if you are going to quote sources from NWA...you need to provide a SOURCE, not just your keyboard.

Blevins, Even if Georger doesn't list sources from NWA, once aircraft hijackings started, the FAA and FBI required all airlines to formalize response plans and actions, plus employee training, for such events.

This was to make sure that the airline industry and law enforcement personnel were operating on the same page.

It would not have been a very bright idea to list those plans on the placards and seat backs. Nevertheless, those plans were in place.

SOURCE: My personal experiences from having lived through that era with knowledge, not all of which was public, of how the hijackings changed things in the aviation industry.

Robert99

Georger says in part:

'Certainly not as public as you are!

Kind of makes you wonder what they're doing up there in Adventure Books sci-fi ufo News Action Fable News Day Care, with so much time to burn and so much unemployment elsewhere!! What's your secret? Rich uncle?...'

Trust me. I'm plenty busy. And WHY again do you direct readers of this thread to AB? We're NOT HERE to discuss AB, is that right? We're NOT HERE to promote AB, is that right? Nobody reading this cares about AB.
Except you. There could be a fixation going here on it. Stop. Stop now. :S

Okay, that was a bit of a joke. But maybe you should move beyond AB and address the message instead of the messenger.

You quote NWA and I ask for a source...and you lose it.

'The truth? You can't HANDLE the truth!' :)

Georger: Do NOT bring up Adventure Books on this thread unless you have a real context. This thread is viewed by more people than you think, and when you do this, the book on Cooper goes from number 200,000 or whatever at Amazon to something else within minutes: (Boy, I HATE doing this BTW but you need to know!)

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #52,268 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#8 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > History > World > Transportation > Aviation
#82 in Books > Professional & Technical > Transportation > Aviation

I don't like posting that. But I thought you should know. Stick to Cooper, harp on me if you wish, but let's try to keep the company name out of things. Please.

Jo: The file on Weber at the Seattle FBI is as fat as a goose. He was officially dismissed, yes. I didn't say they were right about it. I just don't know if Weber was the hijacker any more than I know whether it was Christiansen. Although I'm a big fan of the FBI, I think they've made stumbles along the way regarding the Cooper case.

I will consider your commands, troll.

You don't get no stinkin sources, troll.

Anyone else does get sources, troll.

10:1 you'll be using the material I post here free
with or without sources - such is the nature of - - -
TROLLS who claim to read people's minds and
intentions and meanings beyond what anyone else
here does. What hypocritical gall you have!

BTW maybe it time for you to stop bad-mouthing the FBI ? Think about it...

As for you and AB Books, you are the Managing Editor,
part owner, or some such, right? Well, Ive seen you
work both here at at Newsvine. Ive read some of the
socalled scifi AB published you posted here, right?
In my opinion everything Ive seen and read and
endured from you is trash. In as much as you
constantly advertise and promote AB Books here
freely, and your work is some of the work of AB Books,
then by direct association I would have to say, the
apple may not fall far from the buffalo's mouth?
Eh?

I mean you are the dude who has put AB Books in the
middle of our lives here, yes? Forced it and yourself
down our throats daily for 2.5 years, yes?

Well Mr. Blevins get real! The association is one you
have made here. Nobody invited it or you! You have a
lot of gall telling anyone not to bring up AB Books!
Since you have forced it upon us uncountable times,
without even asking permission, even admitting at times people did not want or like it ?

:D

Jo wrote

There is ONLY one man alive right now that stands in the way of that infomation coming forth...he is a very rich and powerful man and YOU know who he is....connected to Unions, Presidents and many powerful people

Jo is riddling yet again. Stop the theatrics Jo. Just name the man and say explicitly what evidence you have.

Even rich famous and powerful people can no longer control the flow of or access to information. Those days are over. Whistleblowers, Internet, hackers, emails etc have made that job nearly impossible.

Put Duane in a chute. It's something you have repeatedly failed to do. We've heard all sorts of wild hypotheses ranging from parachuting pipe welders to smoke jumping inmates. None of it pans out.

I fail to see how Duane's relationship with Horan or connections to Spokane will put Duane in a chute, but I don't know what I don't know.

You are 100% certain that Duane was Cooper or his accomplice. It's all based on what Duane allegedly uttered as he was dieing. You have not a shred of evidence to tie Duane to Norjack other than his statement. Has it occurred to you that he might have been making a false boast wanting to be remembered as a mastermind criminal who fooled the FBI rather than a petty crook who had dozens of arrests and numerous convictions?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I have a lot of things I am going to sell so I can go back to WA and spend about 3 or 4 wks. Not sure I will be physically able to do it.

Need to be in the Spokane area for about one wk - 5 wk days on the ground there. Forestry files and smoke jumper files and also criminal files in the area...after 50 yrs it is basically my depending on News Paper Archives - but back then an arrest was not news.

I just found out today it is a 3 hr drive to Spokane so I will have to fly to Spokane and rent a car and then try to drive to Coure d alene and then S to The Dalles area. I seriously doubt I would be able to make the drive so I will have to fly from Spokane to Portland - have some HOT spots I have to see in The Dalles and Washougal and up the line toward Battleground and this time go futher North than I did before. I will find were that old logging road was and if I can indeed seen the lights of a Dam from at area.

At this point I will go West - There is another cemetery I need to go to.

Then I have to go to Bremerton about some other records and North to the Canadian line and check out a story Weber told me about that. I will end up in Seattle. AT that point I come home or I go public - I suppose it will ALL depend on WHAT the FBI does and what I have to confront them with.

I might need someone to bail me out of jail if what CARR said happens...he said I could get in BIG trouble. Evidently the FBI thinks I am off my rocker and crazy and delusional....at least that is how Gray referred to me -right!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Jo writes:

I do NOT see U Robert99 making any productive posts about any suspect or the case. Do you just hang out in the DZ and make negative comments about suspects or any investigation anyone attempts to do.

R99 replies:

Of the "suspects" being put forward by various "investigators" for commerical or egostistical reasons, there is no realistic chance in hell that any of them could be D.B. Cooper. While there are additional reasons as well, the main reason is that they were all still breathing on Thanksgiving Day in 1971.

Jo writes:

WHAT do you DO OUTSIDE of the thread to find the truth?

R99 replies:

Can you name anything that is being done in this thread at the present time to find the truth?

Jo writes:

I am trying to figure out how I can financially make another trip to WA. This time with specific goals and confront the FBI with actual paper work and files they seem to deny. There is NO reason the FBI should conceal any arrest records Weber had - especially when they have to do with WA, OR and ID. Perhaps they did NOT know what they were looking for.

R99 replies:

Be sure to include bail money in your financial planning.

Jo writes:

You are the one who takes words and things individual post and then YOU read into it what you want. Then YOU make an issue out of it. You repeat things until you convince others I made the statement - but the original post stands and cleary states I was telling a story told to by another individual. I do NOT believe everything I hear!

R99 replies:

I must confess that in at least one instance, you were able to go back and change your original post to remove what I was talking about. Nevertheless, your original post was quoted accurately in my response.

Jo writes

I might need someone to bail me out of jail if what CARR said happens...he said I could get in BIG trouble

What exactly did Carr say to you Jo?

Here's what you say if arrested:

I want a lawyer. Until I get one I have nothing to say. Don't question me further please.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

You are 100% certain that Duane was Cooper or his accomplice. It's all based on what Duane allegedly uttered as he was dieing. You have not a shred of evidence to tie Duane to Norjack other than his statement. Has it occurred to you that he might have been making a false boast wanting to be remembered as a mastermind criminal who fooled the FBI rather than a petty crook who had dozens of arrests and numerous convictions?

Excuse me Mr. Attorney. What I have based what Duane told me is more than a confession he made. HEll, remember I didn't even know who DAN Cooper was until 1 yr and 2 months AFTER he died.

You know DAMN well it was happen chance I ever found that out. Had I not have been trying to let a gentleman down - I may NEVER have known who DAN Cooper was! Duane told me he was DANNNNN Coooper. HELL it did NOT mean a thing to me and I DID NOT dwell on it.

When he died the only criminal record I had any clue about was his Jefferson thing - which he told me about when he went on the machine 5 yrs before he died.
I had invested 12 yrs into the marriage and he was on a machine. I chose NOT to walk away and to let by gones be by bones. He had mentioned what I thought was couple of months in a detention center as a kid and until 1990 that is ALL I knew.

Why the HELL tell me he was DAN Cooooper if he was wanting be remembered for something? I didn't know who DAN COOPER was! I did NOT know about all his these arrest records and the prison - I would learn the rest of the story much later thru the FBI and this thread.

U R the last person I expected to try that tactic on me. DO U think I am proud of being married to an ex-con? Do you know what it feels like to know I was married to a man who has spent as many yrs in prison as he was married to me? It is a horrible sinking feeling....and it makes me feel dirty - do you understand that!

My finding out WHO Dan Cooper was destroyed ALL TRUST I ever had in anyone. DO YOU NOTICE that I TRUST NO ONE. Yet, prior to finding out who Dan Cooper was I trusted and my world was beautiful and I had my pride.

I still have a hard time even imagining him in aprison much less multiple prison.

I WILL ASSURE YOU DUANE DID NOT TELL ME WHAT HE TOLD ME BECAUSE HE WANT TO BE REMEMBER AS A MASTER CRIMINAL...if he did he should have written it all out or have told me some very specific things. Perhaps he intended to do so - but he waited until it was too late. Remember his insistance on going for a ride about something in the van but there was a storm for 2 of those nights and when the 3 rd night came - he was too far under.

Remember he kept talking about the Van and there being something in it. I didn't find the wallet and NO one but the man who FOUND the wallet knows. Since it was only a few 20's he probably spent them - I expect if I had found the wallet I might have done the same thing (spent the money) - I would not have know their importance. Even if he had put a note in the wallet I still would NOT have GOT it!

YOU JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT SOMETHINGS GO RIGHT OVER MY HEAD. IGNORANCE can be BLISSFUL!

Jo writes:

I do NOT see U Robert99 making any productive posts about any suspect or the case. Do you just hang out in the DZ and make negative comments about suspects or any investigation anyone attempts to do.

R99 replies:

Of the "suspects" being put forward by various "investigators" for commerical or egostistical reasons, there is no realistic chance in hell that any of them could be D.B. Cooper. While there are additional reasons as well, the main reason is that they were all still breathing on Thanksgiving Day in 1971.

Jo writes:

R99 replies:

Can you name anything that is being done in this thread at the present time to find the truth?

Jo writes:

I am trying to figure out how I can financially make another trip to WA. This time with specific goals and confront the FBI with actual paper work and files they seem to deny. There is NO reason the FBI should conceal any arrest records Weber had - especially when they have to do with WA, OR and ID. Perhaps they did NOT know what they were looking for.

R99 replies:

Jo writes:

You are the one who takes words and things individual post and then YOU read into it what you want. Then YOU make an issue out of it. You repeat things until you convince others I made the statement - but the original post stands and cleary states I was telling a story told to by another individual. I do NOT believe everything I hear!

R99 replies:

I must confess that in at least one instance, you were able to go back and change your original post to remove what I was talking about. Nevertheless, your original post was quoted accurately in my response.

BULL! ALL U POST IS GARBAGE!
U make me sick! U take things OUT of CONTEXT and any idiot woud know exactly how it was meant to be taken. U just twist!

I have asked before that U make NO responses to my post!
TOO leave ME alone!

As I compose my book on DB Cooper, I have found it useful to develop a list of "who's who" in the investigation. I was surpirsed how lenghty it is. It's now posted on the Mountain News.

Again, the clicky is not working. Sigh
`

[url]http://themountainnewswa.net/2013/01/27/the-hunt-for-db-cooper-whos-who-in-the-db-cooper-investigation/[url/]

Jo you missed my point.

My basic point is what makes you think Duane's (then cryptic to you) statement about being Dan Cooper was true? All the allegedly probative evidence (hypothetical Norjack 20s in the wallet in the van, alleged parachute hardware, airline ticket, parking stub, etc) is gone. Everything else is not probative, at best just suggestive.

Whether you understood what he was telling you at the time doesn't matter. You came to understand it later.

The question is simple: what evidence do you have that Duane's statement was true rather than a deceitful boast?

Has it occurred to you that the confession may have been a lie?

I believe that he told you he was Dan Cooper. Not everyone shares that opinion.

You may have spent years pursuing evidence that may not exist because the confession was untrue: a boast, a last shot at being remembered as a big shot.

I know this falls on deaf ears. You are 100% certain the confession was true. I ask you to question that belief. Test it. Doubt it. Eye it with scepticism.

Instead you swallow it whole hog and make it your life's mission to substantiate it.

Duane's reputation for honesty was abysmal. What makes you so sure he was honest in his confession?

I understand this concept completely. :)
It would be better of course, if that site did not ask a minimum charge of $25USD a year simply to post to their forums... :|

Stop blowing smoke.

Read the not so fine print: says clear as day:

"This topic is archived and can not be replied to any more."

I believe it is still a closed forum.

Did you read my post there?

Do you have NEW info that its a living thread once
again?

If not, then why all the RAVES, AND SMOKE SIGNALS?

:S:D

Until they identify the hijacker or have proof any of those people were not involved, they can not be eliminated.

Except for the super-sleuths who have written books I like to gloat that I'm one of the few people who made any money from the DB Cooper caper...so long ago.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

I'm not sure any of the Cooper books have been profitable. You might hold the record Guru.

Perhaps the movie made money, but with Hollywood accounting it probably showed a loss to the chump level investors and the IRS.

The real Cooper Curse is financial.

377 You say re the Boeing Skydiving Club:

"Disbanded Oct 2011.
http://boeingskydivingps.home.comcast.net/...ydivingps/index.html"

I would like to say that when Bruce Smith and I talked with the President of the Boeing Skydiving Club (Alan McCarther) we concluded that Sheridan Peterson may have started an informal Boeing Skydiving Club in the 60's but it was not a recognized club and the real one did not start until 1979. Sheridan did a demonstration jump in the 60's to advertise the club and he was dressed in a black suit with loafers just like DB used later in 1971. A photo of the demonstration jump was in the Boeing News at the time showing Sheridan dressed that way. Maybe Snowmman might have that photo in his files.

Just a little more trivia for thought about the Cooper Case.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

Jo writes:

R99 replies:

Jo writes:

R99 replies:

Jo writes:

R99 replies:

Jo writes:

R99 replies:

BULL! ALL U POST IS GARBAGE!
U make me sick! U take things OUT of CONTEXT and any idiot woud know exactly how it was meant to be taken. U just twist!

I have asked before that U make NO responses to my post!
TOO leave ME alone!

Jo, As long as you call me names and make false allegations about me, I am going to reply to your posts. So if you don't want to hear from me, just clean up your own act.

Robert99

As I compose my book on DB Cooper, I have found it useful to develop a list of "who's who" in the investigation. I was surpirsed how lenghty it is. It's now posted on the Mountain News.

Again, the clicky is not working. Sigh
`

[url]http://themountainnewswa.net/2013/01/27/the-hunt-for-db-cooper-whos-who-in-the-db-cooper-investigation/[url/]

Are you saying Geoff Gray has Agent Farrell’s case
history ? That he was given it?

I have to seriously question your judgement including
RobertMBlevins esq. in your list! What's the basis for
that ? Scientology? Radios? Moon dust?

:o

Aha...I see that the NWA newsletter does say this about Christiansen, after all. I must have missed it and I blame it on the fact I was on my first cup of coffee. :)
However...Bruce Kitt has already gone on record about Christiansen, and the Seattle FBI has not 'fully vetted' Christiansen. THEY say they have never investigated him. I think that quote is strictly the opinion of the writer.

I can see where NWA might be a bit embarrassed about having a former employee named as a suspect in the hijacking...:S

Perhaps after they view the report, (attached for those of you who missed it, sorry I can't include all the pics and docs) they will understand more on why Christiansen is a suspect in the case.

While I recognize your long service in the Cooperphelia
and the valuable contributions to human knowledge
you have made, I cannot help but document how you
slouch toward Gomorrah once again, serving your own
pedestrian needs. I guess this should be expected
from a guy who claims physics is suspended in the
cabins of airplanes! Nothing is sacred from that point
on! And you have plenty of company in 377, Jo
Weber, Bruce Smith, and L. Ron Hubbard.

But why would you stoop to block children from
believing in the NWAH Reflections Newsletter, except
that after you finally concede it exists, then it must
be filtered through you! ? As if you had such controls
on earth, over the minds of human kind and starfish
too!.

The issue quite clearly out of Bill Rataczak's own
mouth is: procedures and protocols, he said Cooper
did not show any evidence of knowing.

Which procedures and protocols is he talking about?

This is a DB Cooper thread, but you will not permit it
being talked about.

One more opportunity lost at the redirection of
Girolamo Savanarola, the nice & friendly.

>:(

New FLASH!

You're right. Except for Weber, whom they investigated and officially dismissed years ago. Kind of makes you wonder what they're doing up there in Seattle lately on the case. I think they got burned pretty hard on the Marla Fable and don't know which way to turn anymore. One thing's for sure, they haven't gone public on anything much since that time. [:)

You Blevins have been DEBUNKED!

Weber has NEVER been disqualified or dismissed however you or anyone wants to state it

Give it up Blevins - I know exactly where you ARE COMING from and there has only been ONE suspect that the FBI has ever put credence into and it was NOT KC!

Your so called claims about your contacts - has been DEBUNKED!

What I learned today is confidential and I was given sound advice - to move forward and do what I should have done yrs ago. I wish I could repeat the the things discussed today, but I am not one to make false disclosures and claims. So FORWARD I go!

Blevins TIME to back down and get out with at least your pants on! Needless to say - your dignity!

The case will be closed - just what I mean by that is NO one's business at this point! JUST mine!

What I find difficult to digest is 377, Georger and some of you all self important individuals who have forced my hand. Deception at the utmost!

377 was the last person I suspected to be a part of this!
Should have known - the nicer they are the more deceptive they are.

Jo wrote

377 was the last person I suspected to be a part of this!
Should have known - the nicer they are the more deceptive they are.

Jo,

How have I deceived you??? What imagined conspiracy am I a part of? Be specific. I think I have been respectful and forthright with you in my posts.

Here is what I wrote. Show me what is deceptive:

Jo you missed my point.

My basic point is what makes you think Duane's (then cryptic to you) statement about being Dan Cooper was true? All the allegedly probative evidence (hypothetical Norjack 20s in the wallet in the van, alleged parachute hardware, airline ticket, parking stub, etc) is gone. Everything else is not probative, at best just suggestive.

Whether you understood what he was telling you at the time doesn't matter. You came to understand it later.

The question is simple: what evidence do you have that Duane's statement was true rather than a deceitful boast?

Has it occurred to you that the confession may have been a lie?

I believe that he told you he was Dan Cooper. Not everyone shares that opinion.

You may have spent years pursuing evidence that may not exist because the confession was untrue: a boast, a last shot at being remembered as a big shot.

I know this falls on deaf ears. You are 100% certain the confession was true. I ask you to question that belief. Test it. Doubt it. Eye it with scepticism.

Instead you swallow it whole hog and make it your life's mission to substantiate it.

Duane's reputation for honesty was abysmal. What makes you so sure he was honest in his confession?

The minute somone challenges your DW=DBC bias you attack their character.

Hell hath no fury like a "Cooper wife" challenged.

Save some popcorn for me Amazon. Light on the butter and salt if you don't mind. And none of that blue organic hippie popcorn, OK? I'll bring the beer.