47 47
quade

DB Cooper

The problem I have with the whole thing is that it is difficult to believe a case agent would say these things, and if he did, that he would not ask Marla to keep it confidential. Usually, this type of stuff goes through the assigned media agent.

Agree. The whole thing sounds fishy.

Remember her?

The problem I have with the whole thing is that it is difficult to believe a case agent would say these things, and if he did, that he would not ask Marla to keep it confidential. Usually, this type of stuff goes through the assigned media agent.

Agree. The whole thing sounds fishy.

Remember her?

Yeah, and she was actually pretty hot.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

A couple of things.

I'm surprised by the toothbrush being identified as a source of fingerprints. I wouldn't think that a toothbrush would be such a great object to retain prints - uneven surface, moisture, multiple usage and smudgings.

But more telling is that Marla told us she was sworn to secrecy to not reveal where the new fingerprints were coming from. Of course, Dale was standing right next to her when she said that, and he had just been identified as LD's "good friend." Plus, he was the guy running the residential ministry where LD lived for the last four years of his life, so we all assumed that the fingerprints were coming from stuff that LD had left at Dale's place when he died. We told her that, and she laughed with that luscious southern belle, throaty and good-natured country laugh of hers and we didn't pursue it.

Further, when you try to imagine Marla's magnetism in person - and certainly in Portland talking to the mostly male Cooper sleuths - think Dolly Parton. Dolly owned Nashville for a time, and Marla owned Portland last Saturday, at least a good bit of downtown. She is a powerful woman in many ways.

When she was speaking, she totally outted Curtis and the FBI. Her presentation at the symposium was as much an exposé of the FBI's investigation as it was an accounting of her experiences as the Cooper Family Historian and Truth-Teller.

Another factor to keep in mind is that Marla is profoundly well-connected to the media. Her list of media contacts was extensive and far beyond what I could rustle up for a media blitz. In fact, if I wanted to get a story out I'd be well-served to call Marla. So what is their role here?

Looking a little more deeply, last Saturday Marla seemed to come from out of nowhere - I thought her story was dead when the feds said "no match" last August, so the question is, how did she get on the list of presenters? Did her media contacts align with Geoff’s publishing house?

Coupled with that, who funded the symposium? Geoff? That's hard to believe, but it may be true.

At first, I had assumed that it was his publisher, Crown, and they were looking for a Cooper-tie in with the symposium, and hoping to sell a few hundred books and bump their revenues a bit.

I had also wondered if the feds were underwriting the conference as a way to get the case shut down since Geoff had been telling the media that Cooper is dead, get over it.

I questioned Geoff on the funding all through dinner Friday night and he said it was his ticket. I had no choice but to accept his explanation.

I next turned to the incredible synchronicity of the FBI’s "most-promising" news leak the first week of August with the release of Geoff's book. I pushed Geoff like heck and he swore it was all a co-incidence as we walked over half of Portland. Again, I shrugged and said, "okay."

Bottom Line, I felt respected by Geoff by the end of the symposium, and I felt some real rapport between him and me and the other folks in the gathering. It truly was sweet, and I am very grateful for Geoff's efforts. It all felt real to me.

Now, we have the Marla Carnivalé cranking up to full steam.

So, what is going on? Somehow, I feel the Puppet Master has come to the fore, and I am nervous as the case may be shut down and I don’t want it to be. It is painful to think that LD Cooper may be anointed DB Cooper by people in power. The feds may be joining forces with Marla for whatever reasons and slam-dunking LD at the buzzer.

So, what about us? Well, as others have said, "stay calm, wait and see." I think that is excellent advice.

Soon, though, we may have to take action, and the good news is that I think we have already begun moving in the direction of taking control of the DB Cooper investigation. We certainly regained the narrative from the FBI last Saturday with the masterful presentations from 377 and Tom Kaye. They reversed 40 years of federal gibberish.

The other presentations reflected admirably on the intelligence and diligence of many, and I am proud to be associated with all who took the stage or sat in the seats.

If the FBI shuts down the case, we may have to sue to gain access to the evidence and files. After all, why should the Bureau keep taxpayers away from info we purchased when the FBI doesn’t need it any more.

Regardless, whatever Curtis, Marla and the players in the unseen realms do in the coming days, weeks and months, I think many of us are going to hang tough and continue our investigations, posting our findings here and writing where the opportunities avail themselves.

It's really about justice, and we've got our foot in the door, leaving a crack open to let in some light.

To paraphrase Bogie from a long time ago, "We'll always have the DropZone."

Woah..... seems I remember that some posters on this forum gave pretty short shrift to Miss Marla - tearing her story to pieces - before they fell sway to her charm. I could recite past posts but I'll give you guys a break. :)

And are we also supposed to believe that the FBI checked DNA (which supposedly reported nil) BEFORE they even looked at fingerprints from his service records?

And oh yeah.... they weren't even going to check the fingerprints until Spring of next year. Whats up with that?

And now we get Mommie Dearest stories about Marla's childhood to boot? What's so sordid about a drunken-brawl-throwing food-on- the-floor story? That's just regular ole stuff here in Cat-On-A-Hot-Tin-Roof land. ;)

And what's this about the ever elusive, smokin-hot, but can't-remember-shit Tina -- she is now perusing pics of the latest suspect?? Sorry Farf :)

Okay, call me cynical.......LD might well be the guy but all this hype is sounding like... well... hype.

I'm thinking Vicki may be on to something -- if she had sent a picture in maybe some FBI agent would be fawning all over her. She is, after all, a high ranking member of the hunkette club. :)
Oh well. I, for one, will patiently wait until the FBI has their say. If they close the case on a flimsy "he looks the part", with no real umph to back it up, then I say cool - let's FOIA request their butts to the wall. They've got no reason to hold back if they've solved the case, right? Never say die. :)
Okay - I admit some of this was tongue in cheek.....and don't know why I feel this way..... but it would be a major downer to me if it turns out to be LD. Nothing against the magnificent Marla, but LD just seems so ...well...not DB Cooperish. :P

but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Okay - I admit some of this was tongue in cheek.....and don't know why I feel this way..... but it would be a major downer to me if it turns out to be LD. Nothing against the magnificent Marla, but LD just seems so ...well...not DB Cooperish. :P

I think if 2 guys on this thread do their jobs - we can kick some ass...and I do mean kick some ass. We need a OR and a CA attorney - anyone out there willing to work for free.

NOT I - we need someone to run some criminal records in CA and OR. I want to know how Marla HOOKED up with Dale (Mr Santa Claus). I do have a question one of you might have on the tip of tongue....Make a Leap of Faith even if it means pointing a finger as a subject some do not think was Cooper and I do NOT mean suspect LD Cooper
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Bruce wrote:

I had also wondered if the feds were underwriting the conference as a way to get the case shut down since Geoff had been telling the media that Cooper is dead, get over it.

And you wonder why we Drop Zombie Cooperites get tagged as crop circle Bigfoot UFO alien abductee MIB black helicopter types?;)

We mean nothing to the Feds. They don't care what we say, think or do about them or Cooper. They wouldnt spend a penny to influence, thwart or discredit us.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

@Georger: The comparison to Marla Maples may be accurate. It's frickin' funny, anyway. Cartoons coming soon. I'm waiting for a statement regarding her claims on Portland TV before doing so.

The same facial (behavioral) tics too when speaking,
to an audience. She gives a good sermon! Does
this lady have an acting or public speaking
background? I guess Im imagining it.

And you wonder why we Drop Zombie Cooperites get tagged as crop circle Bigfoot UFO alien abductee MIB black helicopter types?;)

:D@377. Don't forget astral projection, Shirley Maclaine channeling, and the grassy knoll.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Jo wrote

NOT I - we need someone to run some criminal records in CA and OR. I want to know how Marla HOOKED up with Dale (Mr Santa Claus).

What are you implying Jo? Sounds nasty to me or am I misreading you?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo wrote

NOT I - we need someone to run some criminal records in CA and OR. I want to know how Marla HOOKED up with Dale (Mr Santa Claus).

What are you implying Jo? Sounds nasty to me or am I misreading you?

Normal Jo response to anyone who might undermine her story, even if the person's own story is equally far-fetched :|
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

This post is not a joke and I could prove about any aspect of it.

I could solve the mystery of DB cooper.. I met him at Sheridan Oregon where I worked as a JM. I chewed him out for getting too close to a prop and told him "Over by the loft would be a good place for you."

I felt bad for growling at him and landed right in front of him after the jump. I told him that people were making their first jump and the last thing I tell them is what they will remember so it is a critical time.

Cooper asked me to talk to come talk to him for a minute so we stepped away from others and we did.

He took out his wallet and behind the lining he had an old piece of paper folded up and said "Here, this is for you. I made a jump one time."

I unfolded it and it was a photo copy of a newspaper article about DB cooper with two short paragraphs. I read it and said thanks and turned to walk away. He said "Look at the picture" which was a composite sketch and I said OK. Then I turned to walk away and he said "Look at the eye" I did and the next time I looked at him I noticed he had sagging skin under his eye just like the drawing.

I said "No way..." and he said yep. Then he told me to keep it to myself. I said to him "Let me put my gear away and let's talk for a minute." He agreed and we sat down at a picnic table in front of the loft and I asked him to tell me the story and he told me the story in full.

The follow is what he told me and I have a fairly unique ability to recognize lies and truth. I am a very gifted psychic on top of that and he was not lying. People that know me know that about me.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The following is SOME what he told me that day to the best of my recollection. I am going to leave out parts since there is probably some reward money still out there and I may pursue it since I am pretty broke these days:

Some of the money had been found on the bank of the Columbia River and I asked him how it got there.

DB Cooper stated "I was looking down and the sky was mostly cloudy and I saw what I thought were the lights of Portland and I planned to jump over Portland. I was wrong about the lights, they were the lights of Vancouver.

The parachute was a round parachute not like the ones you jump these days. When I landed, I landed near the shore of Vancouver Lake. The bottom was mud and I was up to my knees in mud and up to my chest in cold water. The water was cold and I was cold from the jump and in the process of getting out of the gear I lost track of the money."

When I asked him how the money got on to the bank of the Columbia River, DB stated “Vancouver Lake had been dredged years later and the mud had been piled on the Bank of the Columbia River nearby.

I asked him how he learned how to rig the door of the plane and he also disclosed that. I interrogated him for about 15 minutes and he had a plausible answer on the tip of his tongue every time. When I asked him what name he goes by these days, there was a 3 second pause and then he gave me an answer. That was the first and only lie he told me.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I checked to see if that dredging story was true about 4 years later when I lived near Vancouver Lake and the locals said it had been dredged.

DB Cooper told me far more but if I revealed it, this case could be solved in 1 day and I would lose the reward.

Soon after that first and only meeting with DB, I called the FBI and tried to negotiate surrender in exchange for his freedom since he was old and it had been so long. The FBI had me talk to the US Justice Dept. in Washington who gave me the retired FBI agent in charge of the investigation's home phone number in Roseburg Oregon. The US Justice Dept. was rude beyond belief and refused to discuss amnesty so I had no further use for them.

I called the retired FBI agents phone and told him my story and shared SOME of what DB cooper had told me. The retired agent was not a good listener and had already decided he was dead even though there was no evidence of that.

I have a complete disdain for magical thinkers and do not trust them as far as I throw them so I got off the phone. About a year later I gave the paper DB had given to me to a friend for safe keeping and told him the story while I watched him place it in a file folder and in one of his file drawers.

That is the last I thought of it until today. My sister suddenly died and I wanted a quick investigation into her death since some papers she carried with her everywhere she went were missing. She was found dead in her car in the parking lot. The papers could be worth 5 million over 20 years if a person was to forge some signatures.

Her body was to be cremated and I needed someone to stop that cremation if it had not happened yet to determine if there was foul play. I called the Billings PD and spoke to some of the dumbest humans I have ever tried to communicate with. (Clearly something in the water - no joke, it is all of them I talked to.)

Then I had the idea of calling the Billings FBI office and tried to make a quick deal to stop that cremation if it had not happened yet. The FBI agent was no different than anyone else I spoke to in that brain dead town and claimed he did not have the power to ask for a short delay of a cremation for a few hours until someone could investigate a broken lock and missing papers on her apartment.

I told him "If you are not going to help me, I am not going to help you." He replied "Good luck" and we hung up.

So you see, it is no wonder they didn't solve this mystery. The magical thinking of belief and disbelief, entrenched in positions based in ego revealed complete madness even though I have offered the physical evidence (DNA and finger prints)

Well the plot thickens here. Not only did the person that handed me that paper match the sketch in the newspaper article right down to the deformity under the eye, he told me about something written on one of the parachutes that made me laugh.

Here is where the plot gets real thick. Since I worked for Ted at the DZ, I told him about it and he told me that he had supplied the FBI with around 7 parachutes and that there was something written on one of the parachutes. Ted told me to keep it to myself since only he and the FBI knew that and I did.

The proof that it was DB cooper is that he could have not known that information written on one of the parachutes. He even knew the colors and Ted had mentioned that. A chill ran down my spine because I knew I had just talked to DB Cooper.

Now if you were an FBI agent on this investigation, you could easily validate much of what I have just disclosed. Give me a huge reward [TAX EXEMPT as I don't trust the IRS, the FBI or any government agency) and 2 agents and I can solve this mystery in a single day.

I have little doubt he is dead since he was an alcoholic and getting old at the time.

What was the point of this hijacker taking the trouble to wear the disguise if he just used his real last name on the ticket? In all the subsequent hijackings (there were a lot of them), there was not one person that did not use an alias. Its in the book of skyjacking 101, paragraph 1, "dont use your real name..." I think Marla's uncles were probably out hunting something that they werent supposed to hunt, maybe out of season, or maybe on land they werent supposed to be in when they were supposed to be home eating dinner with the family! Hunters often come home bloody and messy after field dressing something. And they often want to squelsh the talk if they bagged something they werent supposed to bag. I think Marla wins for best looking cooper wanna be winner, but there is a completely logical explanation for the case, and it wasnt LD. It wasnt Duane and it wasnt Barb.

I have a fairly unique ability to recognize lies and truth.

I am pretty good at recognizing truth as well, and I see absolutely none of it in your "story".
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

Deathray wrote

Well the plot thickens here. Not only did the person that handed me that paper match the sketch in the newspaper article right down to the deformity under the eye, he told me about something written on one of the parachutes that made me laugh.

Here is where the plot gets real thick. Since I worked for Ted at the DZ, I told him about it and he told me that he had supplied the FBI with around 7 parachutes and that there was something written on one of the parachutes. Ted told me to keep it to myself since only he and the FBI knew that and I did.

Ted didnt supply the Cooper chutes. If you are talking about Ted Mayfield, his first contact with the FBI during the skyjack drama was a call with an alibi. He wasn't working with them while Cooper was in the 727 making demands.

Your response?

I have a fairly unique ability to recognize lies and truth.

I am pretty good at recognizing truth as well, and I see absolutely none of it in your "story".

ParrotheadVol, You have excellent vision.

Deathray writes: "When I asked how the money got on to the bank of the Columbia River, DB stated 'Vancouver Lake had been dredged years later and the mud had been piled on the Bank of the
Columbia River nearby."

If Deathray had bothered to do even a Wiki search he would have discovered that the present day "mud island" in Vancouver Lake was created by the dredged mud.

Also, as has been noted a number of times on this thread and elsewhere, the NW Lower River Road is built on top of a levee. The purpose of that levee is to channel the water from Vancouver Lake into the Lake River which converges with the Columbia River several miles downstream from Tina Bar.

The chances of the money getting from Vancouver Lake to Tina Bar by natural means are zero. Or to put it another way, the chances of the money being in Vancouver Lake in the first place are zero.

Deathray wrote

Ted didnt supply the Cooper chutes. If you are talking about Ted Mayfield, his first contact with the FBI during the skyjack drama was a call with an alibi. He wasn't working with them while Cooper was in the 727 making demands.

Your response?

Feel free to talk to Ted yourself. Ask him where the FBI got the parachutes. Ted is not one to lie unless he is caught flying an airplane illegally. :-)

Teddy is my personal Jesus. Ralph is Satin.

Deathtray: Your story qualifies for number 211 in the quest for money/reward. Keep trying though, you may come up with a winner yet. Jerry

211 is a charm. You on the other hand are too stupid to recognize truth or even spell my name. There are many facts that could be verified if you only had the thought integrity to do that.

Two things can't be cured, crazy and stupid. The difference between them is usually one wears a red vest and the other has a suck ass day job.

Got day job?

I feel a song lyric is appropriate right now.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right....
:|

(A song I now forever associate with ears being cut off, thanks Quentin, but I do not feel a need to resort to such violent tendencies.)

Sigh.... I do wish reporters and authors had not felt the need to publicize this thread, though.

Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

37 Top Reasons Why Marla’s Uncle Is Cooper

1. Marla is blonde.

2. Marla is smoking hot.

3. Marla could be a hot nun.

4. He lived near (space and time is irrelevant on DZ) the landing zone.

5. Her uncle used two initials for a name.

6. Marla has a dazzling, bright smile.

7. Her uncle owned walkie-talkies.

8. Marla lived in Sisters which is what nuns are called.

9. Marla has NOT denied wearing Doc Martens.

10. Looking at Marla makes me happy.

11. Her uncle owned a Dan Cooper comic during the proper publication period and did not need to revise this statement.

12. The FBI Agent of Record says LD is Cooper.

13. He smoked cigarettes with coupons.

14. He drank booze.

15. His niece Marla is drop dead swat my butt with a car antenna, beguiling in appearance.

16. He lost $200,000 and Brian found $5,800 of it on a river bank; if LD took it home Brian would have found bupkis.

17. Marla makes me want to buy her real estate.

18. LD did NOT know how to open the stairs.

19. He lived closest to Portland, OR where the hijacking originated.

20. LD did not have any money and wanted some.

21. His arms were not hairy.

22. His brother drove him to the airport explaining why no taxi drivers remembered DB.

23. He knew how to ‘fake’ a pressure bump.

24. Beautiful Marla would not lie to me.

25. No one can prove he wasn’t on the plane.

26. He had no accent.

27. He could read French but never told anyone.

28. He owned shoes.

29. He never talked about the hijacking after it happened.

30. His lifestyle stayed the same because he lost the money.

31. Marla has such hypnotic, dancing eyes that she must be truthful.

32. LD was a Special Ops veteran.

33. LD was in the Navy.

34. LD was polite.

35. Marla may appear in a gentleman’s magazine.

36. LD’s name IS Cooper….. helllllloooooooooooo.

37. Defying odds, Marla’s name is also Cooper.

GUILTY! Your honor, the prosecution sleeps the sleep of the righteous.

Ted told me something about how the FBI tried to get the parachutes from Snohomish or someplace up near Seattle and they either didn't have enough or they would not part with them or they were not the kind demanded. Feel free to give him a call and ask and post the result.

It has been about 18 years of so since he told me that story.

Deathray wrote

The follow is what he told me and I have a fairly unique ability to recognize lies and truth. I am a very gifted psychic on top of that and he was not lying. People that know me know that about me.

Seriously Deathray, if you don't believe in magical thinking how can you believe that you are a psychic?

If you are a psychic why do you need the FBIs help to ID Cooper?

Are you aware that you can win a million dollars if you can prove that you are a psychic? So far not one person has succeeded. Could it be that a rigorous scientifically controlled experiment has something to do with that outcome?

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

Prove your claim, collect the million and come back here and tell us some more about your encounter at Sheridan.