47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Because of the money find we know Cooper lost all of it in the jump.

Crket, because roughly 3% of the money was found we know for certain that Cooper lost the other 97%?

Ckret knows but cannot disclose that Cooper was killed by the flight crew and dumped out with 3% of the loot.

$184,000 will buy a lot of beer and those rowdy NWA 727 crews do like their beer.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CEED6103FF934A15753C1A966958260
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

REPLY: Tina knew "giddy" first hand. She knew what
it implied, in the context of the money.

I understand that. I'm not contradicting her account by saying that the guy probably didn't show a certain amount of joyous emotion upon seeing the money.

REPLY: Nope you just contradicted her testimony
(again). That isnt what she said.

What I'm saying is that I think it's potentially easy and tempting for someone who wasn't there and who is looking for any sign of a possible clue to read too much into her description.

REply: or too little. It comes down to balance doesnt
it. The commonly understood lexicon.

If I tell you to go out and arrest the "giddy" guy in the crowd are you going come back with the 86 year
old gent in a wheel chair who can't talk, and say to me, your boss, "I couldnt find any giddy guys on roller skates or horses"? (Giddy abrv giddy-up / gidy=glide)

I am also willing to bet that in a crunch you know what
"giddy" is as well as the rest of us. As Coach Frye used
to say: "This aint debatrical gobblewobble".

Crket, because roughly 3% of the money was found we know for certain that Cooper lost the other 97%?

There are some statisticians who would argue that Ckret is absolutely correct. The same ones who work for plaintiff's attorneys seeking to convince juries that smoke alarms cause cancer, AgHg dental fillings cause Lupus and MS, and that overheated Teflon cookware causes every disease known to man.

REGORT: Again I dont think Ckret said that - what ur
saying, but I could be wrong. I'm only human.

It comes down to balance doesnt
it.

Not necessarily, and, no, I don't think a person looking for any possible sign of a clue is going to read "too little" into something. But opinions vary.

If I tell you to go out and arrest the "giddy" guy in the crowd are you going come back with the 86 year
old gent in a wheel chair who can't talk, and say to me, your boss, "I couldnt find any giddy guys on roller skates or horses"? (Giddy abrv giddy-up / gidy=glide)

I am also willing to bet that in a crunch you know what
"giddy" is as well as the rest of us. As Coach Frye used
to say: "This aint debatrical gobblewobble".

Well, I wouldn't know about that. But in any case, I'm afraid you missed my point. My apologies for not making myself clear.

As for Ckret, he didn't use the word "prove" but he said we"know" ... and in such context, it wouldn't appear to me that there's much difference in regards to his confidence and certainty on the issue. It would seem simple enough. But I guess it shows that people can disagree on simple things ... like apparently the definition and usefulness of of the word "giddy," for instance. :)

There are some statisticians who would argue that Ckret is absolutely correct. The same ones who work for plaintiff's attorneys seeking to convince juries that smoke alarms cause cancer, AgHg dental fillings cause Lupus and MS, and that overheated Teflon cookware causes every disease known to man.

Hmm. Being that 0 percent of Cooper's body has been found, would some statisticians argue that we know that Cooper got away?

Ha ha that’s a good one.:D If I understand it correctly Crket is pretty sure he bounced.

“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

There is nothing that points to the money arriving at it's location by hand. If it did not get there by human hands then it had to get there by natural means. From the condition and position of the found money, we know it had to have been protected and all together upon beaching at Tena's Bar.

That means the money stayed in the bag, which we then can conclude Cooper lost it upon jumping or landing or walking through the woods.

Having forwarded this idea I am always open to new evidence. I want to solve this case, so at some point I have to move forward. The above theory fits the best so I have to go with.

I was reading up on the sketches today, it was just a summary, I'll have to find the file to get more detail. Basically, Schaffner looked at the first sketch and did not think it was a quality depiction, she suggested several changes. Mucklow and Hancock felt the first draft sketch did resemble Cooper but each suggested several changes.

The changes were made and all three agreed the final sketch looked like Cooper.

I think when you weigh each person's words it comes down to tolerances. Each changed the first draft, so each found that the draft was lacking. Perhaps Schaffner's tolerance for detail is more exacting than Mucklow and Hancock. So it's not that the sketches are so far off or people's memories of Cooper are way off. In fact, Schaffner didn't factually change the sketch, she just sharpened it, as did Mucklow and Hancock.

There is nothing that points to the money arriving at it's location by hand. If it did not get there by human hands then it had to get there by natural means. From the condition and position of the found money, we know it had to have been protected and all together upon beaching at Tena's Bar.

That means the money stayed in the bag, which we then can conclude Cooper lost it upon jumping or landing or walking through the woods.

Having forwarded this idea I am always open to new evidence. I want to solve this case, so at some point I have to move forward. The above theory fits the best so I have to go with.

QUESTION: You probably cant answer but, did the FBI
save the "soil" that was directly underneath and around the money, found at Tena Bar?

Here it is: whatever money was at Tena Bar leached
into the soil around it. Inks and chemical elements in the bills are to some extent soluable and mobile. Concentrations in the soil should be proportional to the mass of money that was there to leach; $6000, 50,000, 100000, 150000, etc... as well as materials from the bag.

Materials from the bag alone would be suggestive.
If you found soil concentrations from the money greater than $6000 can produce over time, then obviously more than $6000 was present at Tena Bar
once upon a time.

Maybe your hydrologist already suggested this. I dont
know. This is something a forensic archaeologist
usually deals with vs hydrologist.

Second: your comment about orientation. What about
orientation do you find significant?

BULL ---- and you know it! YOU cannot prove any of that. After all of the theories presented on this forum you act like a stubborn MULE.

Keep you head buried in the sand like an Ostrich - and you will never solve this case. In fact, I am beginning to believe the FBI doesn't want more investigation of this case because they already know who Cooper was.

Ok I'm a pig and I waller, but I got opinions and I know what I saw and what Duane told me - before anything was ever publicized regarding these things.

After all of Sluggo's work and the other theories that have been presented you can make narrow minded statements that do not show an open mind-set - I have seen this happening not only in law enforcement but in our government policies - ALL talk and no action - when the law does act it is most often inappropriate - with a recent example being over 400 children taken away from their parents...rather than investigate and find out which children were actual victims. The government chose to tramatize over 400 children and their parents.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

ARE YOU REALLY?
You ignored this post and others like it for yrs.

Re: [Albert18] Gale Goyins and William Gottlieb? (helicoptor pilots) [In reply to] Quote | Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Understand that I am working with a 1979 photo copied topographic map that covers a very large area. There is little detail and I believe the answer to your question is that it is the track that runs thru Brush Prairie.

The track in the northern region is labeled Portland and Northern and after it goes thru Helision (there a big crease so I can't read the name of that town - just do the best you can). After this Hel---- it is then referred to as Longview. It passes near Battle Ground Lake and then on to East Battleground.

Tukes Mtn is near there (was there a beacon on that Mtn for planes). You may know the answer to this - it IS NOT THE TOWER that Duane referred - that tower was further South. Was just curious. Yes, the track goes thru Brush Prairie.

The reason I asked about that Tukes Mtn and mentioned Battleground Lake is because of a comment he made after we left the tower area and the place he talked about the track (which by the way is now farm land and homes) and in the Brush Prairie area.

After we pulled back onto the Hwy or Road we were going N. and we would later turn Left (there may have been other turns before getting on the road going N. toward Battleground). He mentioned the Tukes Mtn and Battleground Lake being on up that road...therefore I have always wanted to think that maybe he came down the track ...but, the things he told me ended with the track and tower. Some point in all of this he mentioned pump cars and how much fun they were - he was child like in discussing this, but the FBI has no record of his having been in that area except for the time he was in McNeil. In this same brief conversation he mentioned that the track crosses the Pipelines and power line that he had shown me earlier in the day.

Per the map I am looking at, that pipeline in Brush Prairie goes right on down to the other area he had taken me to earlier.

In THAT other area that he pointed out Pipe lines and Power lines (which I could not see). He made the statement that yrs ago before all of the undergrowth that you could walk for miles. (my speculation is - This is the area that he was trying to reach to get away from any possible search area...and an area he knew or had made arrangements for.)

Now I am not going to tell you where he goes from tha pipeline to get to the other points he had taken me to earlier - but, if you live in the area and it is not too hot and you are strong enough to help an old lady tramp thru some areas - call me. I will come even if I have to be carried.

I am not due to go to Wa until Oct. because I have to stay out of the sun and in temps not over 72 degrees - hence why I am do not leave my house except to go to Dr. or Grocery or Mall. In the FL. high heat and humidity - I venture out only after 7 PM in these summer months and can only take about an hour of that - this is when I do my gardening.

Albert, I have not trusted you in the past because I do not know who you are - but, I trust that if you are in that area and are able to find anything that you will be honest and forthcoming...about my leading you to it. I do not expect that he left anything that he had not already retrieved...he never said if he removed the items he buried at the tower shed, but because of the way he said it I would assume that he did - He said "One time I buried something behind a shed that used to be here". This was in the location where the tower was - which is now farmland.

I have held back from ever giving a lot of information in detail like this because I wanted to go myself, but I may never be physically able to do it. I hope and pray that if someone goes out there and finds something that they will do the RIGHT THING...but before you do the right thing - CALL me. Don't let me have to read it on TV or in the Newspapers.

All of this from - That poor crazy troubled dislusional woman.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright©2008 by Jo Weber
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

No soils to my knowledge were saved. As far as a hydrologist goes I still need one, do any of you know one?

Orientation of the bundles? If that is your question then the answer to that is they were found together. If the bag broke open prior to its arrival at Tena's Bar there is no way the bundles would have arrived at the same spot, at the same time, resting together until discovery.

From this we know that if the money arrived there by natural means then it had to all be in the bag. The only other explanation is that someone placed it there and there is nothing to support that theory.

The 1974 dredging operation precludes the theory that Cooper landed in the area of Tena's Bar and buried the money. This then precludes any logical argument for it being placed there at the hands of someone. In fact, in order to advance that theory you would have to create or manufacture a piece of the puzzle to make a fit.

Creating your own evidence to make your story work may be fun and does have a place in exploring possibilities, but in the end facts have to rule the day. How do the facts of the case logically support theory? This is how you solve crime, the other way is how you write fiction.

By the way, Sluggo and I are on the same page with regard to the Cooper Caper, I don't know why some are eluding to the fact that we aren't. Thats why I feed him information.

Ckret,

Your logic on Cooper's rig choice actually changed my mind. I follow your logic here, so far, but if the found money maintained its grouping and orientation because it was in the bag, where is the other money? If there was a hydraulic force powerful enough to separate the rest of the money from the found money, wouldn't that force have also messed up the neat grouping of the found money?

Keep feeding Sluggo. You don't want a guy like him going hungry. No telling what he might do.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

If the bag broke open prior to its arrival at Tena's Bar there is no way the bundles would have arrived at the same spot, at the same time, resting together until discovery.

I argued exactly this in the other thread.

Working backward from the found money in time and place we can similarly assume that the bag was held together and closed for most of the life of the money. The integrity of the bag, meaning securely closed because of being wrapped tightly with 14 feet of 550lb nylon cord, is crucial to the money being found in the condition that it was.

Anywhere up tributary within the actual flight path is where the money fell or was eventually washed into the water.

I know this because I channeled Richard Feynman last night and he explained it to me.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Guru,

We need some Cal Tech people on this forum. Quick, while the channel is still open, ask Feynman who Cooper was. I am sure he could put together a mathematical model that would give us the answer. Othewise I am going to have to rely on Shirley MacClaine.

http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/

My Oiuja Board said McCoy was Cooper, but it was wrong. Those cheap made in China boards are junk. They made me sell Google at 123.

As an aside, I was talking with a hunter friend about the odds of finding Cooper's body if he went in. He pointed out something interesting. There are Cougars (Mountain Lions) that live in the hills of the San Francisco Peninsula. Once in a while one roams into a city and is shot by cops, which confirms their continued existence in the area.

He said to his knowledge not one dead Cougar has ever been found in the hills around here. He asked a game warden whose beat is their habitat and he had never seen a Cougar carcass although he had sighted live ones. We know they live there, they obviously die there, but their bodies are never found.

I used to think that if Cooper went in, his body would have been found. Now, I am not so sure. If he fell into really thick brush his body might have remained hidden and eventually decomposed to bones.

I have always thought Vultures would find Cooper's body if he went in and circle it for weeks. Vultures might give up on a carcass that is in the midst of very thick brush. From my obervations of Vulture behavior they want a quick exit path always available.

I watched Vultures work on a cow carcass that had washed up on a beach where I was vacationing. The carcass had a hole in it. The hole was just big enough for them to go inside the body where there was much more to eat. They could fit, but they wouldn't go in. Too easy to get trapped. They ate everything that they could access from the outside, but eventually gave up and stopped visiting the carcass which still had a lot of stuff inside.

I have tried to figure out what Snowmman's aerial photo of his "home" shows but I am having no success. It looks like a possible Superfund site is all I can say.

Money theory:

The money is in the bag. Either resting on the bottom of a lake, or a low area near a tributary. There are lots of flood level storms, one picks it up and floats it for a while.

During its travels, perhaps it catches on a twig and pauses. A tear in the bag allows some of the money to fall out. The rest of the bag and money continues downstream and sits under 12 inches of sand.

Cooper kept no money.

Personally, I favor the "Cooper died that night" theory.
If not, he's had 37 years and the law of averages to catch up to him in other ways. Either way, I think there is no live Cooper.

Time to tell the FBI to close the book.

I used to think that if Cooper went in, his body would have been found. Now, I am not so sure.

Maybe not his body or clothing but we have evidence---the found rig that our resident agent displayed recently---to show that parts of a parachute could probably still be identified. At the very worst, hardware will still be identifiable.

But so what?
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Finding the rig (without any body parts) wont tell us whether he lived or died. He could have shed the rig and died en route to civilization. I used to think that the lack of a body find meant that Cooper survived the jump. Now I am not so sure.

What do you think? Splat or $Phat$ or alive and still broke (lost money bag in jump)?

No soils to my knowledge were saved. As far as a hydrologist goes I still need one, do any of you know one?

REPLY: You are a phone call away from several at the
USGS in your area. You need one familiar with the
Columbia and the Washougal. Im astounded nobody
kept soil samples. *Maybe somebody did and you dont know it? Maybe the hydrologist who worked the
case did and you dont know it. Samples might be sitting somewhere and can still be tested. Call the
people who worked on the dig.

Orientation of the bundles? If that is your question then the answer to that is they were found together. If the bag broke open prior to its arrival at Tena's Bar there is no way the bundles would have arrived at the same spot, at the same time, resting together until discovery.

REPLY: The whole bag doesnt have to arrive, just
a piece of it with bundles. Wet or dry cemented bundles can travel during high water and a flood
to be broken off into smaller bundles, as from
Vancouver Lake behind T Bar. You have two main
forces at work: water and gravity (downhill). Channel
water is the strongest. But water inland flows down
with gravity.

From this we know that if the money arrived there by natural means then it had to all be in the bag. The only other explanation is that someone placed it there and there is nothing to support that theory.

The 1974 dredging operation precludes the theory that Cooper landed in the area of Tena's Bar and buried the money. This then precludes any logical argument for it being placed there at the hands of someone. In fact, in order to advance that theory you would have to create or manufacture a piece of the puzzle to make a fit.

REPLY: I tend to agree with the above. I disagree the
dredging precludes Cooper landing behind Tina Bar.
The two have nothing to do with each other. This money was brought down by flood and possibly gravity
not from some dredging. I do not think the money arrived at T Bar by the main channel. I think a hydrologist will say that quickly. The main channel is
swift current. I think this money worked its way to T Bar from behind or further inland during high water with non destructive current action emptying generally down
river direction and downhill.

You still have the problem of the money bag being
separated from Cooper tied around him as Mucklow
said. You now have the added problem of a DZ north
of the Columbia on Sluggo's definitive radar based flight path. The interesting thing to me is all you have
to do is extend Slug's flight path by several minutes south and now you do have a DZ right in the Columbia basin with an easier flow path to T Bar, and if you also
extend the flight path west (by not very much!) now
you are just east and north of T Bar which is a direct
drainage route to T Bar. That is how I see this from
first I looked at this whole situation.

As you say, the facts must support the Theory. The
money at T Bar is a central fact and a far more certain
fact that is this area of the flight path.

REPLY II: One more thing: It also strikes me odd
the money was found without any sign of the bag or
the ropes, which in actual fact are far more resilient
to decay than the money. This can only mean the
bag moved during its history. The bag and the money
were never together at T Bar, just some of the money
after the bag and ropes ceased to exist somewhere
further upstream or upgrade.

In addition, look at the map attached. T Bar sits in a drainage flow basin cut out by successive flooding of the Columbia. This basin is defined by a ridge shown on the map which begins north west of Knapp WA, works its way south east to Felida WA encompassing both Tina Bar and the Vancouver Lake, and merges
with the Columbia roughly where I5 crosses the Columbia. (This drainage basin probably has a name
on hydrology maps) Vancouver Lake is what is left after this drainage basin drains after flood season.
This drainage basin directly connects the Vancouver Lake area with Tina Bar. The whole basin is a deposit
zone, very lilkely filled with debris covered over by silt
after successive floodings.

Note the large bend in the Columbia just before this
drainage area begins, backed up by its ridge. The
ridge itself was probably created by erosion from swift current over many floodings.

Anything caught in this drainage area is not going to escape but either be pushed back up on to the ridge if not swept down stream.

Let upload this map...

Money theory:

The money is in the bag. Either resting on the bottom of a lake, or a low area near a tributary. There are lots of flood level storms, one picks it up and floats it for a while.

During its travels, perhaps it catches on a twig and pauses. A tear in the bag allows some of the money to fall out. The rest of the bag and money continues downstream and sits under 12 inches of sand.

Cooper kept no money.

Personally, I favor the "Cooper died that night" theory.
If not, he's had 37 years and the law of averages to catch up to him in other ways. Either way, I think there is no live Cooper.

Time to tell the FBI to close the book.

If the Israelis can hunt for Nazi war criminals some of whom must be close to 100 years old by now, the Cooper hunt still has some life left in it. Just when you think there is no point in further searching, they find some guy in his 80s who was a concentration camp guard or similar, so there is some proven merit in searching for old people who have escaped justice for over six decades.

Let's not close the Cooper book too soon. It isnt costing the taxpayers much. It sure isn't Ckret's main job and he has a bunch of unpaid tireless and smart assistants.

There is some historical value in solving the case, even if it does not result in a live prosecution. Cooper lives, if only in our minds.

It's been mentioned before... the finders of the Cooper Ca$h could very well have found more than they told the authorities (I'M NOT SAYING THEY DID, JUST SAYING IT'S POSSIBLE) including the bag and more (less damaged cash). Also, we are dealing with a time prior to cell phones, so there was obviously a time lapse between the discovery, notifying authorities and the search at Tena's Bar. It is doubtful that the find location was secure until the FBI got there. Since we are in speculation mode, it won't hurt to think about this possibility...