47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Blevins: Where did you get this info from. Do you think that before any money is turned loose of they'll get confirmation on the validity of her story.And who is she working the movie deal with. Jerry

I only said the first two items have happened, and that she's working on the third now. (book)

As far as the comic, all my research so far shows that it was sold almost exclusively in three places: Eastern Canada, France, and possibly Belgium. Few, if any copies, were actually sold in the US. And somehow, Uncle LD now has multiple issues on his wall...an obsession.

Small point: Marla claimed in several interviews she never saw her uncle after the date of the hijacking. In another, she says she and her family saw him the following Christmas. Question: How would Marla know her uncle not only had multiple copies of the rare comic book, but that he was obsessed by them? Especially if she never saw him again after the age of eight?

I have to stop making comments on this subject or I will ruin the article. I will say this much: I've already got enough material to poke more holes into her story than the famous block of Swiss cheese. She needs to keep her stories straight. One of her quotes caught on video is nothing but memorable. Personally, I believe she took some of her story from the original edition of Blast. The walkie talkies, the comic link perhaps. So many holes, though...trust me on this. I will be working all day Sunday on this article. Cartoons and pictures will be included.

What I'm trying to do with this article isn't to necessarily disprove her story. The idea is to make her face the hard questions, the same questions she would face from Dropzone or a good reporter who actually researched her statements and claims. The article is like a springboard for anyone to work from, who wants the truth about what she says.

In other words, the grace period is over. Hard evidence and solid testimony from other family members is required. One article quotes Marla as saying her uncle admits he hijacked a plane for money, and that he said this in front of family members. Another from her bypasses this completely and says they only suspected later, and not for sure. This does not make sense, especially with the concept of an uncle coming home on Thanksgiving beat to holy hell. Her story just doesn't wash, and changes from time to time.

Blevins, if this is an example of your work, then I don't think it is very good. Marla fully addressed the discrepancy in her statements about when she last saw her uncle in the Daily OK interview, and you haven't said anything about it. Either you're not doing a good investigation or you're too biased to do the report. I suspect some of your other "facts" come from newspaper summaries rather than actual quotes from Marla, but I'll wait and see.

I found that LD lived in Vancouver, WA in 70, and Dewie worked at Boeing back in August when I made my video. I got the information from the Columbian and Seattle Times who had writers researching and checking the case. They didn't get it from Marla. Marla confirmed both things at the symposium in November.

Do you think she read the newspaper reports?
Did she watch my video?
Did she get the information from relatives?
Did a third party such as Geoff Gray give her the info?
Did she randomly make it up on her own?
The Money Connection

Bob,

You've persisted in claiming that Cooper somehow used a "front" chute on his back to make the jump. That's simply not possible. He had only two jumpable chutes, a Pioneer civilian back rig and a Navy NB 6 or NB 8 back rig. The so called "front" chutes were not jumpable. No way to securely attach them to a person. One was a training aid and was useless even if it could have been attached.

You should have come to the symposium. I brought a ready to jump Navy NB 8. No D rings. No way to securely fasten a "front" chute to it.

You claim to have been the record keeper for this fantastic covert op. OK, what aircraft was used? Type and tail number.

You are an expert in injection molding. You've done some work putting huge engines in tiny cars. What was it that made the dark ops guys choose you? Why on earth would a shady covert op even WANT a record keeper? Records can be discovered.

Let's focus on the parachuting claims. Aircraft info please?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Mr. Elf:
Thoughtful postings on your part. You are to be commended. Sincerely.

Some of us come here for the entertainment: a case with zero facts, other than a man gets cash and chutes and exits aircraft unseen. No useful evidence to the solution of the crime. Opinions, suspects, common sense distorted by all but a few. How can this be anything but entertaining? At least more entertaining than, say, Poincare's Conjecture.

At least more entertaining than, say, Poincare's Conjecture.

Don't knock Poincare. The Poincare Function can be used in the detection and classification of potentially fatal heart arrythmias. Poincare rocks. Chaos theory and Poincare's math make a potent duo.

I am married to a mathematician. ;)

The Cooper case is an entertainment engine. It produces energy by burning some undefinable psychic fuel. It is perpetual motion. Deathray was right.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

377:
Read Einstein's Clocks and Poincare's Maps: Empires of Time. I would never knock the great minds of science. I only mention the Conjecture as it is somewhat analogous to DBC case...there is a solution, just not very obvious. I can't remember the five bridges puzzle. Your wife probably knows it.

Bob Knoss: I wonder how long it'll be before Quade kicks you off this time. If quade let you back Im sure Snow will be back soon > At least Snow offered this Forum usefull Info. You just cause trouble and make no sense at all with your Comments. Jerry

TO ALL:

I think perhaps Quade is letting All who have been banished in for the Grand Finalle. Any battles amongest the posters will cause an immediate shut-down.
There maybe a purpose to Quade allowing some individuals back into the thread...Snow might be the last, but it could be the most important posting anyone has ever made to this thread or about Cooper.

To Class Clown:

Regarding your post about my story - you do know it is very difficult to tell the same story for 15 yrs without there being some change. In these 15 yrs I have learned many many things...and over a 15 yr period of time - you explore a memory and sometimes you are able to pull just a tid bit more about a specific time frame. I had only places Duane took me and things he said over a 17 yr marriage - during which I had little knowledge about the Cooper case nor did I have any reason to even know.

Out marriage was busy...no computer and often no newspaper except on the week-end. For instance when I went to WA in 2001 with the media - that was the first time I had been back since my trip with Duane in 1979 - I realized what I had tried desperately to explaine to others over the phone was not as the listener had interpreted it.

After that trip I managed to obtain some good maps and quickly tried to explain in more detail the trip of 1979 to dispell the things another had told as his interpretation of my descriptions of the trip.

Then in 2010 I again get to go back to WA and this time I am in a car on my own with no media in my face. I found so much - and the memories just popped.
Such as The Dalles, Goldendale and Washougal and Heisson and on up the Road past the "old Battelground" - I had not realized and no one told me (there existed an old and new Battle Ground). It was also important the approach be as close to the way Duane was going as possible.

On my own in 2010 - I was able to do this - it was the feel of the areas and my being alone to find any existing memory that might still exist. I found many and how I stumbled into the old part of Battleground. That one was funny (because it was so unexpected) and another one was a little scary because I was lost, but not really lost - I was in the middle of the forest. No one yet knows exactly what all happened on that trip.

My recorder didn't work so again it is all in my memory - if I die, I expect the rest of the story and the story will die with me. I have yet to have anyone interested enough to tell the truth as it exists. So the Thread will just have to speak for me....perhaps there will still be a Blevins around and others who can go back into the post and tell the story as I know it...or the story of Coopers escape and survival will not be lost forever...the details I don't know and none of us will ever know unless we were with Cooper or had knowledge of Cooper prior to the Skyjacking or immediately after.

Let's Get this Show on the Road
or his angry express - if angry "Let's get this F...g Show on the Road". And verbage he use "Get on Down the Road" in Vietnemese...I was never sure of what it meant, but a woman in my neighborhood told me it was exactly as I thought. I could only speak the phrase as Duane had used it - I have NO idea how any of the words are spelled.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

U.S., Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010
Name: Lynn Doyle Cooper
Birth Date: 17 Sep 1931
Death Date: 30 Apr 1999
Cause of Death: Natural
SSN: 540365007
Branch 1: NAVY
Enlistment Date 1: 29 Dec 1951
Release Date 1: 22 Apr 1955

Oregon, Death Index, 1898-2008
Birth Date: 1931
Death Place: Lane
Spouse: Marcia

Nevada Marriage Index, 1956-2005
Residence state: Oklahoma
Spouse: Marcia K Focsko
Spouse residence state: Nebraska
Marriage Date: 11 Oct 1973
Marriage City: Virginia City
Officiant type: Civil celebrant
Recorded date: 17 Oct 1973
Recorded county: Storey

Public Records Index -

Address: PO Box 10580, Reno, NV, 89510-0580 (1995)
[3184 Clan Alpine Dr, Sparks, NV, 89434-1710]
[1467 Shady Oak Dr, Sparks, NV, 89434-2636 (1993)]

Name: Marcia K Cooper
Birth Date: 23 Mar 1954
Address: 3184 Clan Alpine Dr, Sparks, NV, 89434-1710 (1979)
[1467 Shady Oak Dr # 47, Sparks, NV, 89434-2636 (1981)]

Ya'll are so close! Youre going over and over the same stuff: What was known to be there. The answer lies in what wasnt there. There is some true genius residing in the inhabitants of this thread. If you had about four of the best of the intelligent, experienced, and knowledgeable people from this thread in the same room, you could figure it out by yourselves. Its easy! And you have all these people all over the world claiming that their relative was him? For money, fame, books, and movies. Find the one person that DENIES that their relative was DBC - and you win! Its over! Interesting thread. It should be cleaned up by removing absurd waste of space writers. I'm sorry but it the DBC case had nothing to do with Duane, Pat, or Marla's uncle.

U.S., Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010
Birth Date: 17 Sep 1931
Cause of Death: Natural
SSN: 540365007
Branch 1: NAVY
Enlistment Date 1: 29 Dec 1951
Release Date 1: 22 Apr 1955

Oregon, Death Index, 1898-2008
Birth Date: 1931
Death Place: Lane
Spouse: Marcia

Nevada Marriage Index, 1956-2005
Residence state: Oklahoma
Spouse: Marcia K Focsko
Spouse residence state: Nebraska
Marriage Date: 11 Oct 1973
Marriage City: Virginia City
Officiant type: Civil celebrant
Recorded date: 17 Oct 1973
Recorded county: Storey

Public Records Index -

Address: PO Box 10580, Reno, NV, 89510-0580 (1995)
[3184 Clan Alpine Dr, Sparks, NV, 89434-1710]
[1467 Shady Oak Dr, Sparks, NV, 89434-2636 (1993)]

Name: Marcia K Cooper
Birth Date: 23 Mar 1954
Address: 3184 Clan Alpine Dr, Sparks, NV, 89434-1710 (1979)
[1467 Shady Oak Dr # 47, Sparks, NV, 89434-2636 (1981)]

LD Cooper was only 40 yrs old in 1971 - WOW the witnesses said DB Cooper was fifty-ish. Wonder how old they were told LD was in the lone photo they were shown?

How did the witnesses establish age of Cooper. Did the FBI agent say did he look my age or did the witnesses say - about my father's age or my teacher's age.
What did the witnesses use as a comparative to guess at the age of Cooper?

I was not DB Cooper. I am not a parachutist. I am not a pilot. I did not jump with Duane, Mac and Bill, although they did ask. I told them I was afraid of heights. Your requested knowledge has nothing to do with what I did or what I know. If you can't answer my question, you aren't the guy I wish to speak with. If you can, send me a private message. I'm really tired of all the obvious misdirection and lies. It is so phony it is laughable. Your parachute topic is just as rediculous. Why should I know that stuff? What I have stated is what I know. What I do not know is WHY all this subtrifuse??? Who is afraid of what and why? If Jo is who she says she is, she's harmless. Is Jo something else? Is that it?

Jo Weber called me on my home phone one evening a few weeks ago. I listened as her conversation went from questions to stories, to events. In the end her emotion went from sad, to anger, to frustration, all the way to out and out telephone sobbbing. "Please" She begged. I am going in again for surgury and I dont have long left on this earth. I need closure. PLEASE just tell me who it was so I can die knowing. I have to know who it was before I die." This is all the MP3 anyone will ever need to hear to write off Jo Weber's hero. If Jo Weber knew without a doubt that it was Duane, why would she call me and beg to know who it really was before she dies?! You cant listen to this MP3 without laughing. Hey folks, it wasnt Duane, and it wasnt Pat's guy, and it wasnt Marla's man. Jo, its time to write your farewell letter.

Jo wrote

LD Cooper was only 40 yrs old in 1971 - WOW the witnesses said DB Cooper was fifty-ish. Wonder how old they were told LD was in the lone photo they were shown?

How did the witnesses establish age of Cooper. Did the FBI agent say did he look my age or did the witnesses say - about my father's age or my teacher's age.
What did the witnesses use as a comparative to guess at the age of Cooper?

Age is really hard to estimate visually. Witnesses make big errors. I saw that a lot during my criminal defense work.

How many of the symposium attendees would have estimated Marla's age as 48?

BTW Jo, the witnesses told the FBI that Cooper was in his 40s as far as I can recall.

Marla had already gone public when certain individuals approached her and then her story started to Grow and Grow and Grow. Where did I read that she went to Eugene - the place her Uncle died? Some items where supposedly retrieved that belonged to her Uncle.

Wonder what will happen if the DNA/prints of another suspect matches that of Marla's Eugene treasures. Question - WHY did anyone/someone keep these article for 12 yrs? Where the articles kept because of a story passed along and left behind that went with the articles?
A story of a past and a father/daugher like love that was endless, but lost in the throws of addiction. Perhaps it was believed NO one Else knew this story.

An Angel or the Devil in indisquise? This is a Christmas Story and maybe when Santa makes it home after making all of his deliveries he will have one last package to deliver.

A stocking of Hope and Memories for Damien.

:)NOW TO STEP BEYOND MARLA'S LIFE AND GET REAl:

THIS IS FOR GEORGER:
Earlier he did a clean up of the picture Marla used in the media and the only one I have seen.

Now you guys need to look at this photo; I posted this last night and it went POOF! I am serious - it just went POOF!
So I decided to try today as a reply to another post I have made recently:

Georger did a clean up a photo of Marla's Cooper. What I have done is scan an old driver's license of Duane's - Strange thing I found - there are 2 (TWO)
Georgia drivers licenses with an expiration date if June 18 1983. One is obviously fake because it shows Duane being older and with his moustach and his glasses on. I am using the one I believe to be the real one, but I thought they destroyed your old card when you got a new one.

The exam date on the license is May 15 of 1979 in Georgia - we did NOT live in Georgia in 1979 - we were still living in CO. Reading the licenses and the dates and the pictures - This is CRAZY. Why didn't I look at these? Why didn't the FBI look at these?

I do NOT remember us going to GA in May of 1979 - so HOW is this license possible. Perhaps he made a trip without me - and maybe for some reason he could NOT get a CO license. HELP ME make sense out of all of this.

Had I not have gone back looking for old pictures of Duane - I would never have noticed this - NOW, I think I am REALLY going crazy - if the FBI did not see all of this and question it.

Ok. Picture attached - it is cropped out of the ID because it has the SS number on it and I do NOT know how to black out the SS number. If any of you need I can put a tape over the SS and rescan it. The address given on this one is 6883 Allen Cir Apt 23 in Norcross, but we were living in Ft. Collins Co on Purdue in May of 1979.

The more I learn about Duane the scarier this looks - WHO the hell was I married to for 17 yrs?
I really really need some answers!

This picture of Duane also shows more of the Upper versus Lower angle of camera position or viewer description of Cooper. I am going to find one of the old pics I have from a different view and post that along with this "License pic". I am still not comparing Apples with Apples - date of Picture with Date. If the GA license is real the picture was made in 1979.

Bob Knoss: I wonder how long it'll be before Quade kicks you off this time. If quade let you back Im sure Snow will be back soon > At least Snow offered this Forum usefull Info. You just cause trouble and make no sense at all with your Comments. Jerry

I'm right about Mac's foot and the $15. Proves I'm legit. Mac bought a strawberry shake at the stop, too. RIGHT? My comments conflict with the story you are telling, YES. WHY are you trying to tell that story? Why not tell the truth? Who cares? The FAA pushed regs through the system and Nixon issued an Executive Order to effect them. That's a fly in the wind compared to current problems.

Jo Weber called me on my home phone one evening a few weeks ago. I listened as her conversation went from questions to stories, to events. In the end her emotion went from sad, to anger, to frustration, all the way to out and out telephone sobbbing. "Please" She begged. I am going in again for surgury and I dont have long left on this earth. I need closure. PLEASE just tell me who it was so I can die knowing. I have to know who it was before I die." This is all the MP3 anyone will ever need to hear to write off Jo Weber's hero. If Jo Weber knew without a doubt that it was Duane, why would she call me and beg to know who it really was before she dies?! You cant listen to this MP3 without laughing. Hey folks, it wasnt Duane, and it wasnt Pat's guy, and it wasnt Marla's man. Jo, its time to write your farewell letter.

Dan, you surely must have felt just a little compassion for Jo. She isnt 100% sure about Duane being Cooper, just 99.999% sure. I think she could accept the truth if it turned out someone else was DBC. It would be hard, but she could handle it. I think her inquiry to you is a good thing, not a mockable thing. It shows that she still has some doubts, which is rational because she has no definitive proof, just "poofs."

Personally I hope Jo finds out the truth soon so she can stop obsessing about Duane being Cooper and enjoy her remaining years doing something more productive and fun. If you can help her make the transition please do it.

I cannot get the photo on the thread - infact my board is blank except for this thread - when I do a pull down the Page one sees when they open up their computer is GONE. It did this when I posted the picture and then went back to change the date to read License issue 1979.

I am afraid when I sign off that my computer will go down and I will not be able to get back. Perhaps I have virus or worse.

Hey Bob Knoss,

How did you get Quade to let you back on?

You know why I am asking.

I disagree with your DBC story, but its fine with me that you are back here as long as you are courteous.

Maybe there is even hope for Jamie Cooper.

Did you see how quickly Quade shuts down other DBC forum threads? Super fast. Is he watching all the time? Maybe he gets some notice when a new thread is opened.

Dan, why keep us in suspense? If you know who Cooper was just why not disclose it?

Maybe you could make a deal with Marla to let her sell through a first printing before you ruin her LDC story. A girl's got to make a living ya know.

Dan, you surely must have felt just a little compassion for Jo. She isnt 100% sure about Duane being Cooper, just 99.999% sure. I think she could accept the truth if it turned out someone else was DBC. It would be hard, but she could handle it. I think her inquiry to you is a good thing, not a mockable thing. It shows that she still has some doubts, which is rational because she has no definitive proof, just "poofs."

Personally I hope Jo finds out the truth soon so she can stop obsessing about Duane being Cooper and enjoy her remaining years doing something more productive and fun. If you can help her make the transition please do it.

Me Telling MY side
:):ph34r:
Jo has a story to tell about that conversation and I guess I should have posted it that night, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

WELL, I played Dangerous Dan.
You see I had spoke to him many yrs ago and I wanted to see what he really was and if he had added anything to his story.

Yes, I was scheduled for more surgery which now has to be cancelled due to other problems.

I listened to his ridiculous story that went absolutely no where - it was the same as he told yrs ago to me. I played him and he had NOTHING. He has NOT added one thing to his story that was not there a few yrs ago.

Since he claimed his wife had died and he was taking care of 2 young boys I offered my condolenscs and played my sympathy care....telling him I had to know before I died. I was frustrated he had NO more information than he had several yrs ago. He claimes to know who Cooper was, but offers Nothing and I mean Nothing. I also did NOT give him permission to record me - perhaps I should get a recorder and record my conversations giving the SET-up I will use and WHAT the results was.

I was laughing at his ignorance regarding the facts of the crime and his ploy - I was doing JO's own investigation to discredit him and he uses it against me...yet, I was laughing when I got off the phone - saying out loud PHONEY PHONEY PHONEY.

I did NOT out him on the thread because I am the one who actually felt sorry for him. He claims he has this great on going relationship with Bill the co-pilot. Why don't some of you check out his story....Find out if he is creditable? He is NOT creditable and the only way he can interject himself into the Cooper saga is to keep repeating the same story he told me yrs ago...a story that has NO foundation and he never discloses who his Cooper was.

Yes, I do get emotional and I also use this to extract infomation - but, DUMB me needs to learn to tape things when I play with someone like DANGEROUS DAN. I just thought he was right and out naive and someone just looking for sympathy.

You are damn right - I believe Duane Weber was Cooper and YES, if someone knows and can prove Duane Weber was NOT Cooper then they need to speak up pretty quickly.

As for Dangerous Dan he is as phoney as a 3 $ bill - perhaps it was WEBER who was this man he has NO name for. First Dan claimes to know the name of Cooper and then it was just a man who came by one day...his story is completely inconsistent and if he really had anything he would have gone to the FBI yrs ago when he and I first talked.
:D:D:D

Here’s a little website that may be useful for those looking for dates of birth, death and Social Security Numbers.

http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com/

I did a search on the cryptic Duane Weber (less than 10 seconds in the comfort of my home) and produced the attached. If anyone thinks a SSN is hard to find on a dead person this may disabuse them of that notion.

I was thinking the pure titanium traces on the DBC tie may have gotten there by way of Nikon camera parts. It the 1960's Nikon used titanium foil shutters. These shutters would wear and most likely fall out of the camera. It is my understanding that ti foil is pure grade titanium. I ran this by Tom Kaye and he said he wasn't aware of this. I was wondering if anyone more familiar with Nikon cameras might want to comment.
PS I don't believe Lynn Cooper was DBC