tonybrogdon

Hang Dives

here's a picture of one of three Hang Dives made over the Perris DZ. I am the third back from the cockpit on the wing. We began decending and climbing out at 11500 and ran off at about 5 grand. We landed just before Scott Raod off 215.
This picture is hanging in the Perris' Bar's Restaurant.
Tony Brogdon
D-12855

Well, were there's a will there's a way :-)

Look in the Galleries under my name: JBrasher

on top: 1st is one of the cops (my mind fails me)
2nd: T-Bird
3rd Cliff Chema
4th: ?
5th: ME
6th: Thundercloud
7th: Dave Scaradick
on wing: another cop (pleasse forgive me guys)
2nd: Mike Wheeler
3rd: ?
4th: Tom Sanders
in door: Sharon Chema

In my position I could have read the Sunday funnies there was so little wind.
The big guys in the front took the brunt. On the wing the first picture in the series had them at the pilot's window; after a few minutes or so they had been moved back to were you see them in this picture.
Exits were a piece of cake except the horizontal stablizer went by kind a close.

A fun time was had by all.

Until I can figure out how to reduce the file size you can see it there.

Red, White and Blue Skies,

John T. Brasher D-5166

Anyone know what the chances are of ever doing that on a Twin Beech these days? I always thought the pics were awesome, although I have read some hairy stall tales.

Are any TBs still flying? Any with pilots that would do it?
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

I'm pretty sure there is at least one twin beech flying these days. There was a very nice one at Lost Prairie a couple of years ago. I think it came out of Oregon.

I've been in a stalling Beech, it was seriously not fun. Plenty of injuries, but we all lived. I think I was the only person not bleeding. In the old days we were pretty accustomed to the near-stall signs on jumprun... The tail would start oscillating. That meant time to go.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

There's a Westwind sitting at Conway, AR. It was a jumpship uintil a year or two back when the DZO got religion and turned the hangar into a church.

Guess it didn't do him much good, last I heard he got himself severly bent a few months back after his cropduster crashed.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

There's a Westwind sitting at Conway, AR. It was a jumpship uintil a year or two back when the DZO got religion and turned the hangar into a church.

Guess it didn't do him much good, last I heard he got himself severly bent a few months back after his cropduster crashed.

IMO Better the crop duster:| than the TB on T.O. with a load of jumpers.:(:( Maybe there is a higher power.

The T.B. I saw at lost praire befor Mr Hill graciously supplied most of the airplanes, was a sweet bird, painted:o brown, the pilots name was elevator. First time I met him he was a excelent pilot with a well maintained "classic" airplane.

Ted Mayfields plane was at L.P. it had been a T.B. and converted to a trailwind? a twin bo with a single verticle stabilizer:S same engines leaked oil like a pig.

R.i.P.

R.I.P.

R.I.P.