legalize1966

Grab your Photo ID!

I thought there was something about civilians jumping out of military aircraft, something to do with MWR rules and regs. And why would someone who is a civilian have to be "neat and well groomed have short hair" to attend this event? And I have always had my gear checks just before boarding the aircraft. This is an exerpt from the email that an airforce buddy sent me.

Attend the mandatory pre-briefing beginning at 19:00 on 28-January-2010 at Skydive Kentucky.
Present a valid photo ID.
Present a valid USPA membership with B-license number or higher (or) Military ID with Military Free Fall certification (or) USPA membership with MFF.
Complete a Fort Knox Parachute Club membership memo dated 28-Jan-10
Complete a Skydive Kentucky (SDKY) waiver dated 28-Jan-2010 after having watched the video waiver.
Receive a gear inspection of all equipment to be used the following day.
Night Jumpers - have their night gear inspected.
Be neat and well groomed. No long or facial hair.
Wear a rigid helmet during jumps (tandem masters and students may use soft helmets).
Observe FARs and BSRs.
Review Skydivers Information Manual, section 6-4 d, page 25 All jumpers must:
Night Jumps - To participate in night jumps you must:
Must have a flash light of a least 89 lumens.
Not utilize strobes
Use Chem. Lights which exhibit a NSN# and be in date.
Use illuminated altimeters.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Since you become a member of the Fort Knox parachute club you are authorized to jump from the C130. It is a combination of supporting the base's club and the C130 gets to use it as credit as a training mission.

From the info I have been told the command at Fort Knox requested that since it is a military installation that jumpers present themselves in a professional format..ie "groomed".

Another reason for the night before briefing is to allow time for a person or persons to correct any issues that may disqualify a person from jumping the next day and also in order to prepare the load list for the following days operations, etc. etc. There will be the normal 3 gear checks the next day as well.
THRIVING IN MY DASH!!

For me, it would be worth all the hassle to jump from a C-130. I wish I had been able to go.

Hell, they can shave my head if they'll let me jump a C130. Bringing clippers just in case needed. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

For me, it would be worth all the hassle to jump from a C-130. I wish I had been able to go.

Hell, they can shave my head if they'll let me jump a C130. Bringing clippers just in case needed. :)

That would be worth going for, even if there wasn't a C130 there.
"Damn you Gravity, you win again"

Just wanted to mention that they are doing this again next Friday. 3 C130 jumps for $30 total. Let me grab the link.... http://www.skydiveky.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.display&page_id=168

Just registered and super excited about this event!

PS. Non-military should click the first of the three links. The third one that says non-military is a wrong link to the active military registration.
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

I called up there about an hour ago and he told me that they were almost full. He also said that he was planning to overbook it 5-10 people. Then he would see how many people showed up, and go from there. It looks like they were orginally planning on having 40 jumpers per load, but I'm not sure that's a fixed number. He said that the free Military flight happened "by accident" so they are playing it by ear and will adjust plans according to how many jumpers arrive.

That's all I really know right now.

Oh yeah, he said not to land South of the LZ because the depository was located there and landing in that zone could cause one to be arrested. Interesting.

I suppose we'll see how the whole thing goes...
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 7 INCHES ARE EXPECTED ALONG AND SOUTH OF A LINE FROM MARBLE HILL MISSOURI TO CALHOUN KENTUCKY. CLOSER TO THE ARKANSAS AND TENNESSEE STATE LINES BORDERING KENTUCKY AND MISSOURI... AMOUNTS MAY APPROACH 8 TO 10 INCHES... WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE. SOME SLEET MAY MIX IN WITH THE SNOW AT THE BEGINNING OF THE EVENT... BUT PREDOMINANTLY SNOW IS EXPECTED.

Yall have fun with that ;)

Imma keep my ass warm!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 7 INCHES ARE EXPECTED ALONG AND SOUTH OF A LINE FROM MARBLE HILL MISSOURI TO CALHOUN KENTUCKY. CLOSER TO THE ARKANSAS AND TENNESSEE STATE LINES BORDERING KENTUCKY AND MISSOURI... AMOUNTS MAY APPROACH 8 TO 10 INCHES... WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE. SOME SLEET MAY MIX IN WITH THE SNOW AT THE BEGINNING OF THE EVENT... BUT PREDOMINANTLY SNOW IS EXPECTED.

Yall have fun with that ;)

Imma keep my ass warm!

Jumps have been rescheduled due to the crappy weather. Here is what has been posted on skydiveky.com

Mission execution weather suggests HALO drops not possible due to low ceiling and precipitation. JUMPS ARE CANCELED.

HOWEVER, if you elect to still come and attend the safety briefing today at 19:00 (28-Jan-10, at 7:00PM Eastern) then you can be on standby for possible jump(s) from lower altitude on Friday should the weather permit.

If the weather permits we can still jump but we felt it was burdensome on many people considering their inconvenience of travel time and expense to require attendance for jumps which are at best in question due to weather.

Those who are currently registered you are as of now already registered for the C-130 TENTATIVELY scheduled for pre-briefing 18-Feb-10 and POSSIBLE on 19-Feb-10. If you can not attend on the next tentative dates please let us know so we can open this opportunity up to others.

So I will be there. Again with ID in hand. Now on Feb 18th.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Does anyone know if this is planned to be a periodic event that will happen a few times a year or just a one or two time event? I know we can never be sure of anything but I just thought I’d ask. I think it’s a great thing for our soldiers and a great way for us to be a part of it.

Thanks,
Cael

Does anyone know if this is planned to be a periodic event that will happen a few times a year or just a one or two time event? I know we can never be sure of anything but I just thought I’d ask. I think it’s a great thing for our soldiers and a great way for us to be a part of it.

Thanks,
Cael

Hey Cael,

I do know this is not the first time the Skydive Kentucky has hosted C130 jumps. They had the same thing go on last October. I don't think they know much in advance of when it is going to happen, but I would suspect this isn't the last time. I have heard that they would like to bring in different aircraft and allow soldiers to make jumps out of different types of aircraft. I think it is a great thing.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

The C130 jumps are in connection with trying to fulfill Ft. Knox's C130 training requirements, while supporting the troops. The C130 is to have so much flight time with additional training in dropping airborne personnel. Additionally, the Ft. Knox parachuting group has put together a program that by allowing civilian skydivers to pay for membership to the group combined with outside donations it allows the group to give back to the troops by providing the opportunity for free tandem jumps as a thank you for their service.

It is foreseen at this time fairly routinely possibly couple times or more a year, but no exact schedule has been determined. However, this is also a case of the right people at the right time, so if any one person changes in the chain of personnel arranging these jumps or if during a jump someone affiliated with the group performs an unsafe, "stupid" or "bad press" this could end quickly. :S

Just an FYI, there were a few people that got up last week..only 7,500' due to the low ceiling, but I was told it was awesome exit feeling like no other.;)

I know the above is a little vague, but hopefully it shed some light to what the intentions are.

THRIVING IN MY DASH!!