legalize1966

Grab your Photo ID!

My point exactly. It's hard for me to believe anyone actually believed that the $30 donation was them PAYING for the C130 jumps. It just doesn't make sense that a jumper would think that. And then to have the gall to contact JAG about their $30? Unbelievable.

Talk about one person screwing it up for everyone.

I'm just not happy about this situation at all.

A lot of us aren't. I think we all have the same sentiment - give the asshole their $30 so we can all get on with our jumps!

I would say even if the issue is dropped with the JAG office this will not happen.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Well, I guess I will add my two cents here for all.

I have been jumping with SKYDIVEKY for a while and they are great. I'm sure everyone has heard the saying that "no good deed goes unpunished" SKYDIVEKY has bent over backwards to help the Fort Knox Parachute Team get the C130 jumps going. This was done at a cost to them, to support the local military and help the sport. I was involved in both of the scheduled events and have yet to jump from a C130. The point that I'm making is that it took alot of effort from many people to make this happen and it was a good thing for all involved. That includes the flight crews that flew the missions. The Fort Knox Parachute Team was using the $30.00 donation to fund returning Soldiers (from combat) to jump tandem with a SKYDIVEKY instructor. Supporting our military is a very noble thing to do.

With that all being said it is hard to express in an acceptable manner how mad it makes me personnally that one dim person can end it for all. They were clearly unable to read the posting while registering for the jump. No matter how you read it there was no doubt that the $30.00 was a donation. It does however say alot about most skydivers that several people made additional donations to the Team, several made by people that were not planning to come and jump.

I would personnally like to thank SKYDIVEKY for their great support and others for their participation and support. To our new favorite skydiver that felt wronged and had the need to cause this issue; good luck! Bad karma is just that, bad karma, and I hope that you feel good about youself when you look in the mirror.

If you read this please post for all to read your logic pattern that led to the complaint, we would all love to read it.

It would be possible to figure this out via process of elimination:

* Who was scheduled to come
* Who did jump
and most importantly...
* Who would know enough to go to JAG

Of course it would be better for that person to come forward before we gather the torches and pitchforks. ;)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Wow, just got this email from the guy organizing these jumps from the military end. I'm going to blank out the name and phone number for the purposes of this forum. Looks like he's about to lose his whole career over this issue. Damn.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I need help with my defense, the government is charging me, a Soldier who has served honorably for 15 years,
with an alleged ethics violation for how I set up the C-130 jumps. I don't need money, only your commitment to
me and my cause; I wish to continue to serve our nation as a Soldier, without your help I may be forced out.

If you are willing to help me with your supportive testimony (written or in person) please let me know,

thanks in advance,
name withheld

Craziness....
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251