CanuckInUSA

Am I spoiled with my home DZs airplanes

3 Super Otters and a Super Skyvan at "my" dz

...and a jet on the way too???

Yea, it sure would suck to be stuck on that DZ! ;)

And don't forget the hot air balloon launch pad right next door...and the ultralight park too...! :P

Did we mention the beautiful, warm blue skies last Saturday? :)
(oh, wait...we're the ones that got a couple of earthquakes last weekend too...:o)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Hi

At my home DZ (Hibaldstow) we have
2 DO28 Dornier - G92 (15 place twin turbine)
1 Turbo Finist - SMG92 (10 place single turbine)
1 Piper Alpha PA32 - Cherokee 6 (5 place piston aircraft)
The turbines do 15000ft on every lift and the dornier climbs like an homesick angel
:)

Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed.
Michael Pritchard.

1C205, C206 and Pilatus Piston Porter(Second Oldest flying Porter in the world!)

Hey Beau. Can't wait to get back down there and ride that 206. Say hi to the old man, Ralph, and Don for me.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

One C-206 and one Twin Bonanza here. We don't get to fly the Twin-Bo enough though-:(- Not enough jumpers lately. Hopefully that will change soon. I think all turbine dz jumpers are just a little spoiled. But its a good kind of spoiled!B|

Everyone dies! Not everyone really lives!!!

I started learning out of a Cessna 175 doing static line with my Dad kicking me out of the plane. That was pretty cool, but 45 minutes to 9 grand at best, well, that just wasn't cutting it. Then came the Cessna 206, 30 mins to 10 grand-- then came The Ranch with heaps of otters, 18 mins to 14 grand, but 6-8 months of the year non-jumpable with snow, winds or rain. SO, finally, what else was there to do, than move to Southern California where the Otters are plentiful as well as the BLUE SKIES!! B|

King Air, Cessna 205 (with a big engine) and a flock of Cessna 182s.
The smaller Cessnas often get leased out during the warm months, but our King Air rarely leaves, so when ever it gets busy, we crank up the King Air! Woohoo!
Oh and the King Air is better for a mid-sized DZ because we can fill more times per day than an Otter.

West TN Skydiving is the summer home of the Mullins King Air. Winter we jump from C-195 (5 jumper tail dragger) that takes about 20 minutes to 12,500.

$16 bucks for 14K from the KA and $16 for 12.5K from the Cessna. Few boogies beat those prices, even with a boogie fee.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

I'm pretty happy with the 12,500 altitude I get for $15.39 a jump.... :)
I do think it's very sad that I've heard people COMPLAINING about having to jump out of Otters....

We were never feeling bored because we were never being boring.
-Zelda Fitzgerald

I'm with Michael so I have available what he has-- a traded in otter for a king air. I just hope we still get the CASA for Boogies cause I love a tailgate plane.

I do get to go play at Perris in May. Does that count?

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Well, lets see.

The DZ I live on has 3 Otters and a Porter.

The DZ I train at (1 1/2 hrs away) has an Otter, a Porter, and a Skyvan.

Another DZ about an Hr away has 2 Otters or an Otter and a CASA.

Plus about 2 Cessna DZ's within 2 hrs.

I think I am spoiled.....

HeHe

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I have to say that I really enjoy jumping the big airplanes, but my being spoiled comes from jumping the military aircraft, which are HUUUGE compared to the average civilian skydiving operation.

Fortunately, I "grew up" in skydiving making military jumps, jumps with military clubs, and civilian jumps as well. Because of that experience, I don't turn down jumps just because we "have" to take a Cessna. I confess that I will try and set myself up to use the Otters, though . . . there's much more room for my huuuuge noggin'! ;)

Arrive Safely

John

cessna 206 plus a turbine that changes every year--this year a grand caravan, last year we had a king air and a beech 99. but my true home dz is where it all started and we jumped a cresco....looks like a giant mosquito but it was our baby!

(or worse)?

BWHAHAHA! yeah...I jump from a paper airplane! *giggles*

Nope we only have the one ugly brown Cessana 182, but it rocks, and there's nothing like sitting in between the legs of a hunky man!:$

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after

I'm not sure which dz is home so I listed the planes at theplaces I most frequent. Byron - King Air and 182, Davis - Caravans, Lodi - Otter, Monterey - Otter, Perris - Otters and broken skyvan...
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures