eddytheeagle

Funny remarks by skydivers

The 'Funniest Whuffo question' thread inspired me to write down some funny things said by skydivers (just to be sure, these didn't came out of my mouth ;)).

"So you had linetwists again? Did nobody tell you you should open facing into the wind?" (this one made me think for a while :$... but, when it's really, really windy...)

A skydiver said his mechanical altimeter was 500 ft behind, upon which another skydiver asked: do you need new batteries? :)
"I can determine the direction of wind from the sound my slider makes"

"If you have soft-links, and your slider is lying in your neck, do you lose it when you cut-away?"

"I suffered from stable turbulence when I came in to land"

I guess the list goes on and on!
Don't underestimate your ability to screw up!

"Does my ass look big in this jumpsuit?"
"Nope, but your rig looks smaller"B|

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Funnies thing Ive seen: Im in the plane and two guy's, I take it kinda newbie, ask me how long should I give you. Me being the Smart ass I am say "Just wait until you see canopy" Then exit. I land forget all about it, then 5 minutes later they come in and let me know the pilot was rather upset at them for making him do another pass. I couldn't believe they actually sat in the door watching until they saw me open. #1 rule never listen to anything I say.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

One of the classics:

We're all setting on the ground, wind whistling through the hanger, trees whipping in the gusts, deciding if we're stupid enough to jump. What's someone say everytime. "Let's do a cross country!"

And for those of you who think its a good idea;); You're not sure you want to land at the DZ after a regular jump. But you want to land who knows where after screwing up a cross country spot?:S

Of course, I don't think I've said it, but I have DONE it!B|

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Funnies thing Ive seen: Im in the plane and two guy's, I take it kinda newbie, ask me how long should I give you. Me being the Smart ass I am say "Just wait until you see canopy" Then exit. I land forget all about it, then 5 minutes later they come in and let me know the pilot was rather upset at them for making him do another pass. I couldn't believe they actually sat in the door watching until they saw me open. #1 rule never listen to anything I say.

Those guys had a licence ?

I read this one in a book:

Airborne recruit says to Jumpmaster, "Sergent, if my main parachute doesn't open, how long do I have to pull my reserve handle?"

"Son," replies the sergent, "you have the rest of your life to pull the reserve handle."

Reminds me of overhearing an AFF Instructor conversation with student (abbreviated):
S: "What if my main does not open?"
A: "Cut away and pull your reserve."
S: "What if my reserve does not open?"
A: "Walk toward the light."

Said with no smile or wink or anything.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

>wind whistling through the hanger, trees whipping in the gusts

>"Let's do a cross country!"

Must be in the skydiver genes or something.

At Taft in the early 60's there weren't any trees,
but there were oil derricks, and you could climb
to the top, put on a harness, hook a 24 ft twill
reserve on your front, pull it, shake it into the
wind, and let it pull you off.

Skr

At Taft in the early 60's there weren't any trees,
but there were oil derricks, and you could climb
to the top, put on a harness, hook a 24 ft twill
reserve on your front, pull it, shake it into the
wind, and let it pull you off.

Skr

You know Skr, every once and a while you say something that makes me realize the pioneers of this sport we men and women made of just slightly higher quality stuff! Glad you survived it.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. I will definitly have the same answer for a newbie when I get it. LOL
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer