jumpinfarmer

H.A.L.O.

Definitly do it. It's an unbelievable feeling. The highest I have jumped/pulled in the Navy was 38,000/900 feet in one jump.

You will get many opinions I am sure from peeps on this message board, but bottom line is they are just that...opinions. Get out there and try it yourself.

HOOYAH!

Forty-two

Yeah it one of my future goals to do sometime. but study up on it. the scariet thing i think about the whole concept if hypoxia. at 40,000 feet, you suffer permanent brain dammage after 20 seconds without oxygen. thats what scares me the most about doing it.

But another scary thing. you can get the bends from going to high with nitrogen in your blood, thats why you breath pure oxygen for an hour befor flight to altitude.

oh and its cold.
but thats all small shit, put it on your clander in a few years.

30,000 foot jumps: *$325.00. 30 day advance deposit: *$150.00 *Money order / Cashiers check only !

quade is that the normal-ish price of a HALO jump do you know? I figure you might know seeing as you said price was the constraint, but i have no idea how much these normally go for. That's from the halojumper.com link someone posted...

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

HALO jumps are long and just a boring freefall. Ive done about 5 between 30K and 37K, including 1 at night.

Its interesting to make them even in -65 degree temps, and I recommend that anybody should make at least 1 for the experience.

I only ever paid for 1 jump $75.00 for the plane.

Be absolutely sure to have good oxygen equipment....its a must, including a bailout bottle which usually gives two minutes of pressure breathing. Make sure the mask is a good tight fit.

Bill Cole:D:ph34r:

While doing one in sport gear might be slightly more "fun", I would not count any of the night, combat equipment, O2, MFF jumps as a "must do" for sport jumpers. Freezing cold, over-pressure from my mask fogging my goggles, big fucking rucksack, watching your teammate fly into a cactus in the ground fog, etc, etc.

Never mind.....Those are fond memories.

Chuck
MFFJM (among other things) and former member of SFODA 724

Civilian HALO jumps can and are done safely. For a number of years I taught HALO to civilian jumpers at Apple Valley. Our program required a "D" lic. , the chamber and 2 practice jumps with full gear from 12,500. We followed the procedures used in the military and the same equipment. There is alot to learn and alot to remember. It is not just another skydive. The people conducting the opp. had better know what they are doing or you could wake up dead. Having said that you should try it once. The freefall is not any more boring then you are and the view is awesome.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

SKYMONKEYONE: My jumps were all with the sport gear of the day. The only things that werent consdered as "sport" was the CO2 mask and bailout bottle.

I made my own console for in the aircraft, with the usual long cylinder and regulators, then switched to bailout bottle before exit.

I had as much as 2 1/2 minutes of freefall on the highest, and had access to High Altitude Chambers, and was as high as 43000 feet in the chamber.

All the actual jumps had no military involvement.

BILL COLE

Yes the view is awesome indeed...and I guess I'm boring LOL

Like Chuck said, there is a world of difference between a Military HALO and a civilian HALO, hell, there isn't even a comparison IMO. I think it's insane what they charge civilians to do a HALO jump but gas and O2 costs do add up. Definiately not just another skydive though, shit going wrong at altitude can result in passed out people and or death if some one takes an O2 hit and it's not dealt with correctly.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Kramer:
You sure he's going to HALO and not Air Force Free Fall school.

Been with the Marine Corps about 8 years now, enlisted, ROTC, Officer and getting ready to go back to be an Officer Instuctor. I have never heard of a cadet getting HALO in any service.

Soon as you get your "A" License, you're free to do what you want. I recommend at least one HALO for eveyone.

Actually, check the SIM. For 15k+, a "B" and 100 jumps is recommended. 20k+ => "C" license

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Been with the Marine Corps about 8 years now, enlisted, ROTC, Officer and getting ready to go back to be an Officer Instuctor. I have never heard of a cadet getting HALO in any service.

Yeah, I know a Marine officer willing to give his left nut to go to the MFF school.B| :D

Kramer, has your friend gone to Airborne school yet? When I was in NROTC I had an option to go there, but ended up spending 2 weeks with my Marine brethren.:S:ph34r: