cpoxon

357 FAI Record set in Thailand

Received a text message from Thailand saying,

Just set a new world record, 357. Going to try 367. Had 2 be flown 2 another airbase 4 better weather, not sure where we are!

Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

god d3mn, where's the limit??? :o

congrats to the participants!!!

edit: any pics?

edit2: just saw the end of day video... and now can't close my mouth anymore...

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

you ruined my day unutch...
How come you're still interested in belly flying :([:/]

I'm just kidding ;)

btw: congrats to all 357 skydivers from me too. :)

p.s.: Is it crowded in the air today, or is it just me ;):D
"George just lucky i guess!"

Unfortunately, I cannot think of anything better to say than the rest of the people who have posted before me, they all pretty much spoke my mind! Congrats to everyone involved, you bunch of crazy bastards. (*Too many people in the same air space for this blood)

"Sure, those Golf Carts may look all warm and fuzzy, but they WILL take a chunk out of your ass!"

Held for 7 seconds according to Andreas' page. Looks like they didn't try for the bigger one. He apologises for the lack of images and details but the party awaited (I guess that's why Bill Von hasn't posted or the World Team website hasn't been updated) and says he will tell more tomorrow...if his hangover isn't too bad!
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Can I be the first to name this record the "Magnum" formation? As in 357 Magnum! Congrats to all!

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

Damn! I really wonder if we'll reach a limit of formation size and what it will be.

It may not be, but for some reason it seems to me that this record seems much less commercialized then the 300 way was a bit ago. I haven't seen any glossy ads about it, didn't even realize that it was going on till BillVon started posting about it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yippee!!!!! GO WORLD TEAM!!!!

That's freakin' incredible!!

Guess sitting on the ground with the weather pouring down makes people REALLY REALLY HUNGRY!!!!

Congratulations to all!! B|

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

First on-line news report!! (Australia's on the ball, 'eh?) :)
ltdiver

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,8611414%255E1702,00.html

357 skydivers in record freefall
From correspondents in Bangkok
07feb04

A TEAM of 357 skydivers from 42 countries have broken the world freefall formation record in Thailand's north-eastern Nakhon Sawan province, their spokeswoman said today.

After seven attempts over three days of rehearsals during which the team endured both bad weather and mechanical problems with planes, the skydivers jumped from four C-130 Hercules transports yesterday and managed to link up.

"Once they exited from four Hercules flying in formation at 24,000 feet, they managed to all connect and stay connected for six seconds while freefalling," spokeswoman Karina Willerup said.

The previous official world record was a formation of 300 skydivers near Phoenix, Arizona in December 2002, she said.

"It was ecstatic, it was energy you wouldn't believe," Willerup said of the mood after the record was smashed "These 450 people have come to Thailand to make this one goal, and after weather holds and some cancellations from the (Thai) Air Force ... it was their last chance yesterday, and they did it."

A panel of four judges from the Federation Aeronautique Internationale officially verified the record, she added.

Also during their trip to Thailand, the team along with 250 members of Thailand's royal armed forces broke the world mass freefall skydiving record on January 24 in Bangkok, with a total of 672 skydivers completing the dive.

The records were broken to mark the sixth 12 year cycle, or 72nd birthday, of Thailand's Queen Sirikit.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon