weegegirl

Has anybody seen...

Well, maybe your shoe and my shoe are FFing together, since I had one come off a few months ago while exiting.

I bought another pair of shoes almost exactly the same so if I lost the other one, I'd have a complete pieced together pair.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I bought another pair of shoes almost exactly the same so if I lost the other one, I'd have a complete pieced together pair.:P

You realize by the rules of Murphy you've now GUARENTEED that you'll lose another shoe... and it'll be the same one. :ph34r:

My wife and I were doing a horny gorilla a couple weeks ago, when we broke her shoe got caught on either my shoe or one of my "slow-down" pockets on my jumpsuit (I say it got caught, she says otherwise ;)) and it pulled her shoe about halfway off. For the next few thousand feet she was slowly spinning on her back, with her feet over her head trying to put her shoe back on. She got it, too. :D Of course, I laughed at her the whole way. :D

You realize by the rules of Murphy you've now GUARENTEED that you'll lose another shoe... and it'll be the same one

Yeah, I know...

Atleast I knew it would happen some day and have always kept a 2nd pair of shoes in my gearbag at the DZ.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

ha ha... well, when this happened, those shoes were no more than 1 1/2 days old... i did go out and buy the same exact ones. though the other 1/2 of the missing pair is hanging in the shoe tree at skydive tecumseh. :P

It took a while for our dogs to train us not to leave our shoes laying around>:(

Since we're slow learners our solution was to buy the same shoes (lot's) and whenever the hounds got one we'd just throw the spare shoe in the pile.

We actually did come out with a couple of extra pairs from the orphans![:/]

So save your orphans shoes the law of probability will work:S

R.I.P.

Was that a rodeo dive? If so, then you deserve to lose something. :)
Skydiving lesson #621: When you find those perfect skydiving shoes at the shoe store, buy at least three pair. I have one pair of Nike's that I love, but they stopped making them and I can't find anymore >:(
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Was that a rodeo dive? If so, then you deserve to lose something. :)

nope. not rodeo. just a train gone bad. stan in front had taken the death grip from hell on my feet. i was like... ummm... hello... ummm... you can let go now.... and finally i went to pull free and off comes the shoe. :P

if you think the photo is funny... you should see the video in slow motion... i actually really tried to catch it. spent the rest of the dive laughing hysterically while flippin off the camera. B|:ph34r:B|

Skydiving lesson #621: When you find those perfect skydiving shoes at the shoe store, buy at least three pair.

ha ha... i had gone to like every shoe store in town looking for the perfect shoes! >:( i went back the next day and bought the same exact shoes! so, they were the most expensive cheap shoes I've ever bought. :S

:D:D:D

In reply to:
if you think the photo is funny... you should see the video in slow motion... i actually really tried to catch it. spent the rest of the dive laughing hysterically while flippin off the camera.

I really think you should download that for us :D:D:D! Pleaseeeeeeeeee....:)

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

In reply to:
if you think the photo is funny... you should see the video in slow motion... i actually really tried to catch it. spent the rest of the dive laughing hysterically while flippin off the camera.

I really think you should download that for us :D:D:D! Pleaseeeeeeeeee....:)

ha ha. okay, i'll see what i can do... it DID make it into the end of the year video i put together this year. i'll grab the clip and throw it up when i can... it is pretty funny! ;)

So did you come close to catching it? And, assuming you kept your eye on it, what prevented you from catching it? I'm assuming it fell way too slow...

Hmmm... it was like a giant vacume sucked it straight up and away. Yeah, it fell sloooooooooooooow. It was gone as soon as it was off, but there was definate reaching going on. And a slow motion "ooooooooooooh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit" coming from me, realizing I just lost my 1 1/2 day old shoe. :P

Hilarious, thanks for sharing and looking forward to the vid.
Guess I won't be jumping my comfy velcro running shoes anymore lest they join my long lost helmut (chin strap still engaged) and dytter. Result of a particularly hard mind warp.

Have heard of a couple of funny shoe incidents. One was where we jump on the coast one of the fun jumpers that join us now and then somehow lost one. Knew roughly where it went but didn't even bother looking for it as it would have been the old needle in a haystack type search! A couple of other jumpers who were friends of hers were driving up this main road and SAW HER SHOE NEAR THE SIDE OF THE ROAD!!! They were re aquainted! Another was an opening hard enough to take the shoe from the foot even after it had been tucked into a booster! BSBD! -Mark. PS- No my student nor myself did not lose any item of clothing or footwear during our little incident!

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

My guess is it's probably flying free along with my friend's Neumann winter glove, which I pulled off him on our last dive.:$:D:D Some things just belong in the sky.:P

It's nice to see that at least someone is having fun of that event :S ;)

I Just got an idea. on my 500th jump (coming soon), we'll give to the sky yet another winter glove. The left one, which i still have. So they'll be together as a pair and live happily ever after in the sky :D
"George just lucky i guess!"