Skylark

How angry would you be if you went in?

It would really SUCK if I did something stupid that caused me to bounce.. Thats why I pratice my EP's listen and learn as much as possible to better my chances of not doing something stupid that will cause me to bounce.

Now if I go in and there was nothing I could have done to prevent it then..My quarter was up and Game over. I'm ok with that we all gotta die.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I would be very upset especially if it was not "My" fault. If I did every thing right and still "Shit" happened. But, if I did die, it was doing something that I loved so my loved ones should not be sad.
Airborne
Blue Skies, No Wind
Feet and Knees Together

Well, I really don't think anger is in the equation personally. We all have our personal demons. Some have religious faith,some are just comfortable with their own mortality. Others fear death,and would be more comfortable dealing with a quick death--like if you went in as opposed to having a chronic or terminal illness. We all have to die sometime. The death subject has literally driven some people to the verge of insanity. This poll doesn't have an easy answer--personally...I think you'd be too busy at the time trying to get something to work . Check my signature..it say's it all.
Freedom isn't free. Don't forget: Mother Earth is waiting for you--there is a debt you have to pay...... POPS #9329 Commercial Pilot,Instrument MEL

try to post something intelligent, "how would you feel
if you go in". I cant believe I am reading this and responding to it. I am holding my head so it wont
explode. What the F$%k would make one ask that
question. Are you a troll,journalist,lawyer or just an asshole. Have a good evening. Iam am still typing with one hand

This isn't a reckless post

then what kind of post is it? other than a little pointless... :|

I don't think it's pointless. I think it's interesting.

I don't want to die. I especially don't want to die skydiving... bad for the sport.

But if it happens, I would be bothered in those last seconds mostly by the idea that I made my friends and family have to go through the grieving process. Grieving processes suck.
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies.”

This isn't a reckless post, I'm genuinely interested.

Good, I'm not a reckless guy, but it's something I've thought about.

I am in no rush to die (I have forever to be dead, right?) but I still am fascinated by the idea of making that transition, and curious about what being dead will be like. I've felt this way a long time.

So I'm all about maximizing my human lifetime, but still wonder about its end. I answered, "Yipee! Here we go!" because I hope that I'll be able to be calm and peaceful if I ever am in a situation where I know I'm about to die and cannot change it. I've had numerous dreams (dozens) in which I have died in all different manners. In the best of them, I centered my mind and got all Zen-like and peaceful, and let it come. In many of those dreams, I found myself "conscious" after my body's "death." It was wonderful and soothing and reassuring. When I wake from a death dream, I often feel empowered and full of unstoppable vitality.

So I would sure hate to die angry. I would not like to be thinking bad things about anything as I cruise in for my final landing -- not about the parachute manufacturer, or the pilot, or other skydivers, or my technique... I just want peace everlasting, and I would want my final moments to be spent preparing my mind for it. No anger.
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Hmmm .. I went in once (bounce and live) - July 4th, 1980.

There was a moment of extreme dread and "Oh, shit!" when
I realized it was happening (I was about 500 ft at the time).

Then there was a period of really attuned focus while I tried
stuff and then grabbed my risers and swung out flat, kind of
a right rear PLF all at once.

Then I hit. And bounced. And lost consciousness on the
bounce.

I thought I was going in but a little while later my eyes opened
and I was looking up at blue sky and a circle of faces looking
down at me.

Hitting the ground didn't hurt, but it hurt like hell for a long
time after that. Actually I still have a fair amount of pain in
my pelvis, which doesn't stop me, but it slows me down
and limits what I can do.

I recommend that you avoid it if you can.

Skr

Sorry, But I'd hope that I'd be too busy yanking handles, weilding my hook knife, or clawing the flaps of my container until my Oakley's filled with blood to think about it.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I've actually thought about this before. If it happens, it happens. I'm gonna do everything I can to make it not happen, but if it still does after all that, then it just must be my time. I just hope no one has to witness it, and that it goes fast. I like to think I'm going to a better place when I die anyway, so I'm good with it.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

If I died, I'd be annoyed. I'd be pretty pissed off if I got any injury from skydiving, (actually I got cut on the wrist a couple of weeks ago from the ripcord!) but any injury that stopped me skydiving and was just a general pain in the ass, like fractured bones or muscle tears etc. This is all new to me, I dont have time to be injured dammit!
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

As your profile shows no skydiving experience, I'll go gentle on you. As a skydiver, I try to focus on the positive, 'I will, I can, I learned,...' To say 'would I be pissed if I bounced??' goes against everything that skydiving is, embracing life for all that it has to offer. Where I go after death has nothing to do with jumping, I, personally live life to its fullest, go 120% in everything I do, to say I'd be angry if I bounced is a HUGE understatement;)

The Sky is NOT the Limit, the Dirt Is!!