skydivingdutch

Saw video of a guy jumping w/o rig!!

Actually , both of them were in the same ad campaign. But I believe Greg is the one who had his picture painted on the side of a few rather large buildings besides the cardboard cut outs. (Did I just say that out loud?) :D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

(Did I just say that out loud?) ***
1/ YES YOU DID >:(>:(>:( (refer to email I just sent to GG!!!)
:P
2/ I am SOOOOO going to France next month, taking pictures of anything that looks like GG on a wall (please tell me it's not in Cannes???)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

What you do not see it the harness that he has under is shirt so his arm strenth is not as much of a factor.

I have to admit, I am really dissapointed to hear that he had a secret static line and harness under his shirt. I really thought he was really jumping without being conected to anything. Bummer. I've lost a little respect for Greg Gasson, he should have been up front about how he performed the stunt.

Shit now I feel like anyone can do that trick. It's fake!

What you do not see it the harness that he has under is shirt so his arm strenth is not as much of a factor.

I have to admit, I am really dissapointed to hear that he had a secret static line and harness under his shirt. I really thought he was really jumping without being conected to anything. Bummer. I've lost a little respect for Greg Gasson, he should have been up front about how he performed the stunt.

I am a little confused by your statement saying "he should have been up front about how he performed the stunt". In April 1994 Parachutist did an article on how the jump was done. In 1997 Brent Finley posted the details I had written to Parachutist for the April 94 article on rec.skydiving. When anyone asks me how I did it I tell them the truth. Every TV show I have been on I have always explained how I did it, I never had control over how they edited my statements. Sorry I lost your respect.

Peace.....

You lost respect for him for doing a stunt in a safe controled manner. That say much more about you than it does about Greg.

And if you think it's that easy, off ya go give it a shot.:S:S
Geez that sort of attitude is really sucky>:( Bloody armchair crititcs,
What have you done in the sport that compares?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

>I've lost a little respect for Greg Gasson, he should have been up
> front about how he performed the stunt.

Yeah, I lost a lot of respect for Arnold Schwartzenegger after I found out that he really didn't jump out of a plane in True Lies without a rig. Then I found out it was a stuntman, and I _really_ think he's a loser now.

Sorry I lost your respect

Hey Greg ... you rock ...

Anyone who can jump out of one airplane and climb into another one in freefall before it lands and save yourself a pack job (and be totally humble about the whole accomplishment) deserves all of our respect. I'm looking forward to see what you've got in the works next.

PS: Thanks for the jumps at last year's holiday boogie.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I've lost a little respect for Greg Gasson, he should have been up front about how he performed the stunt.

I hope you're kidding, because you're bound to get pretty lonely in the line you just jumped into. Greg has never been anything but up-front about how this stunt was done.

I know Greg, and even if he didn't do a single stunt in his life I would still have the utmost respect for him as a person. You must know him really well to question his integrity like that. How do you know Greg?
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I've lost a little respect for Greg Gasson, he should have been up front about how he performed the stunt.

Greg has never been anything but upfront and honest about ALL of his works.
I will say that you Kbone have just put yourself out on a mighty limb all by yourself.
I happen to know Greg very well.
I will say that he is one of the few people of merit that I know.

Hear that Greg? Looks like your dead now

Oh geez not again! That's twice this year already!

Sorry I lost your respect.

Don't worry son.....I'm just kidding!:P

Every TV show I have been on I have always explained how I did it, I never had control over how they edited my statements.

Maybe you should be angry at Joe Jennings for his segment in "Good Stuff". They never explained that it was a trick in that video either.[:/]

Actually we found them first hand as well at the Camel Activewear stores in Germany while we were there in April. We also found him in Mens health and Playboy and took them back to him. Also if you are in Eloy for the Xmas boogie, look on the birdman room doors for a souveniour that we brought back for Omar.. :$ Bigger than life poster that after a small ass chewing from the store lady in the Camel store gave me about taking pictures of the posters, we explained we knew both Greg and Omar and she gave us the poster of Omar, but I didn't want to push my luck and ask of one more of Greg, so we left with a polite thank you. :)
Ok, the quality isn't 100% but you can get the idea.

If I can get the pics small enough, I'll post one up here.

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

Maybe you should be angry at Joe Jennings for his segment in "Good Stuff". They never explained that it was a trick in that video either***
Why would they? If you ask them, they will tell you what the trick is, but why explain it on the video? It's not meant to be instructional, but entertaining. Maybe they should come up with a "making of Good Stuff"...[:/]

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Maybe you should be angry at Joe Jennings for his segment in "Good Stuff". They never explained that it was a trick in that video either

You're such a whiner:P. Obviously you're stirring it up just for the reactions.

I went to a David Copperfield show... I was Shocked that everything he did was a trick! The nerve of them. He nor the program director or any of his affiliates told us how his tricks were done.

I've never seen a skydiver look so fashionable.

I'm never wearing googles or using my chest strap again!;)

Tuck that shirt in!

I thought this sort of trolling was only allowed in Bonfire. I was of the understanding that, taking the piss in the Skydiving forums was not on.
I must be mistaken:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Come on fess up. You're just jealous that you've never jumped out of one airplane and while in free fall climbed into another one and saved yourself a pack job. I know I am ... jealous that is. :)

Greg Gasson rocks!!! Talk to him for a couple of minutes (and count yourself lucky if he comes on one of your skydives) and you'd know what I mean. :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I haven't read a post from the forementioned poster that hasn't been negative. Some people get their kicks by trying to descredit/put down others...So be it the best way to deal with folks like those is just completly ignore them. Never reply to ANYTHING THEY SAY EVER

With that, Greg. your stunts ROCK! Thank you for all the time and effort that went into the planning an execution.... JOB WELL DONE!!!!!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.