verticalflyer66

How many miles to your dropzone?

Btw there was another thread about this a few months back if you are really interested in this topic.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=1363497

Btw if I read all the answers in more detail I would have picked pitching a tent. Because I live 2.5 hours drive from the closest DZ (well 3 the same distance) and it is normally better to just stay at the club house than to only go for one day.

A little under 130 miles.

I miss living closer to a dropzone. When it was a 15 min drive I could just look out the window, see a good weather day and cut out early to hit the DZ. Now it's a preplanned event and an early morning wakeup.

I think the polling ranges are all a bit low. I'd have < 30 as the first one, I think, or maybe < 5 and < 30. Anyone living in a big urban area is likely to have to go a ways.

I'm in the center of the bay area in san francisco. There are DZs in every direction around the dial from North to South, but they're all 60 - 120 miles away, all on the edges (or so) of the BA.

So for those that do have a DZ nearby, is it because you choose to move to it? Or just lucky happenstance?

Maybe I need a job/pad in San Jose...

I'd say about 75-80 miles, just haven't gotten around to measuring it with the trip-meter...

My ex-home DZ is just 7 miles away, and I'd rather go to the other one.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You forgot to put 0-5 miles. I live exactly 1 mile from the DZ.
Kirk

Four or five for me - by air, that is. I can (and have) land in my yard, but it's a twelve mile drive back to the DZ.

--
Jason

--
Jason
--
Some people never go crazy. What truly boring lives they must lead.

i drive about 75 miles one way. show up early sat. or very late friday night and leave sunday night. my home away from home if you will;)

get to crash in a nice carpeted packing room with a bunch of couches though...WOO HOOO!!
what!?