why are manifesters usually girls?

You're right most are women but the best one I know is James at Hib in the UK.

At the nationals last year he was manifesting 52 4-way teams some with pool camera men\women over three planes in just 18 operational hours (or something like that). There were over 2200 drops completed.

Don't put off 'till tomorrow what you can do today

Probably because more girls apply. At least I'd hope so. That said, the Spaceland manifester is a guy.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

... because girls are far more diplomatic, thye have far better "person skills."

I'll agree and disagree with you all at the same time. It really depends on the manifestors mood, stress level, etc.
I've run into flat out rude/nasty manifestors and nice, cordial, etc.
Didn't matter the gender.

------
Michael

Yeah that.

A certain dropzone I know has possibly the moodiest person within a hundred k's on manifest, despite being a girl... I wondered why this was, until I realised that it's only 'cause she's not jumping. On non-manifest days she's a total sweetie :)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

At least at me home DZ they are all female. They are also college age or late high school. If this is the norm, then I would say there are more famel manifesters because women tend to, and I mean tend to not as a rule, mature a bit earlier than young men and are willing and able to handle the responsibility.

Anyway, just my .02

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
~Leonardo da Vinci~

My manifest team has only one girl out of seven (plus another girl in training). And all of them are good tempered and pleasant! B|

I like to think that Michelle is the second-best person on the team, but in reality I guess she's probably better than me too... ;)

One thing I have noticed (at work as well as in the manifest) is that many girls seem to be better at excelling in different skill-sets at the same time. For example, creatively organising lifts and making the best use of aircraft time is a very different skill to customer care or keeping neat paperwork. Not saying guys can't do all this at once (presumably there's a reason I got put in charge...:$) but I have found more women that can than guys that can without a lot of practice.

Also, could it be to do with the fact that you don't necessarily have to be a jumper to manifest and there are probably more freefall-widows than freefall-widowers trying to find something to do at the DZ so they can see their partners of a weekend?

Sweep
----
Yay! I'm now a 200 jump wonder.... Still a know-it-all tho..

Also, could it be to do with the fact that you don't necessarily have to be a jumper to manifest and there are probably more freefall-widows than freefall-widowers trying to find something to do at the DZ so they can see their partners of a weekend?

That would make sense given the overall percentage of men and women in the sport.:S

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
~Leonardo da Vinci~