Trae

Skydiving without AAD's

I may avoid those 2200 feet hop-and-pop forced by low cloud cielings, or doing RW with somebody I don't know...

But you would if you had an AAD? Why?

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Don't have one at the present.
I'll get one before my next repack, but I just could not afford to get one when I bought my new rig.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Actually, scratch that. right now, my lowest hop-n-pop altitude would be 2500 if the pilot said clouds were too low and said we had to choose between jump or ride down. Although I definitely prefer 3500. Then again, there's the danger of 2-out situations, versus the chance of banging your head on the Cessna as you exit...

STRUT hang, no head banging required:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

What would YOU do, and why?
(There's no "wrong" answer there ...really)

barring a failure, I don't need to make that call for another 3 years.

I was just interested in what people did - along the lines of - if you're fine without it for a month, would you go a few more to save $58? Or is the reinstallation much simpler than I think it is? Or does anyone even go to installing a temp unit in?

I was just interested in what people did - along the lines of - if you're fine without it for a month, would you go a few more to save $58? Or is the reinstallation much simpler than I think it is? Or does anyone even go to installing a temp unit in?

Open the reserve container, install the AAD, close and seal the reserve container. No need to repack the reserve. Of course I will only do that if it is my pack job - I won't put my seal on someone else's pack job.
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

My cypress is chilling in Germany right now.. hope to see it again soon.

To me, jumping without an AAD is like driving without a seatbelt. I never want to need either safety device, but it is more comforting to know that they are there just in case I really fuck up or someone else really fucks me up.

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham