Evelyn

First small plane jump (cessna 182)

Yes i'am afraid your spoiled ;) wish i was, don't laugh, thats all we have c185 and c206(door luxury:ph34r:). we usually have 5 in ours so 4 should have been spacious:).

These are get to know your nieghbour planes ? "what sort of curry he had the night before":SB|

fun planes to jump but always get a cut and a jumpmaster who can spot.:D:D

As for bathangs not unless you want to jump again our pilots don't like you playing with their babies:o;)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

As far as Cessnas go – I’ve jumped a 206, 207, 208 and 208B.

The smallest planes I’ve jumped would be two biplanes – a Pitts Special (inverted!) and a Tiger Moth.

I’ve not yet had the opportunity to jump a 182 – but I’d like to do it once for the experience!

Vicki

Chances are, you jumped a Cessna 170, which came standard with a tail-wheel and only a handful had nose-wheels installed by Met-Co-Air

That's it! - And come to think of it, I do think the empannage was rounded. The 170 I jumped used to live at Frontier Skydiving in NY. I heard it's departed from this world now. So sad

Easy Does It

At an accuracy meet I was climbing into a 182 along with a jumper from the USAF academy, who had never jumped a piston Cessna. Naturally he needed some help in figuring out the seating arrangement.

Anyone with piston Cessna experience knows that the strut gets a lot use, with people holding it, leaning on it, or hanging right off it.

The young jumper asked, a little wide eyed, whether he could touch the strut when climbing out!

Anyone with piston Cessna experience knows that the strut gets a lot use, with people holding it, leaning on it, or hanging right off it.

I've got the other way around. We had a visiting A/C: Twin Otter. We had to give a push-back after refuel. We were told not to push from the wing strut. I've asked for the reason: not strung enough for that... :)

??? Hanging exit is the first exit a SL student learns from a C-182. Or are we not talking about the same thing?
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

We only go to 10.000 ft. cuz aparently it would take a long time to go higher.

Oh yeah, forgot about that... there's only one time I've been higher than 10K in a 182 was for a formation load ash dive and it took for-freakin-EVER to get to 13K, then with more time in the air to get the formation together, I thought we were never gonna get out of that plane. No signs of hypoxia, I'm happy to report.

We'll try that bat-hang one of these days!

I've been to 15K (or 14ish) in a 182. I think we wern't too heavy though, so it was ONLY about 30 min.

We'll try that bat-hang one of these days!

You'd better ask the pilot and plane owner before doing that. Some don't like people doing that because it can (often) damage the leading edge.

Excellent point. Anything other than a standard exit should always be discussed with the pilot and/or owner of the aircraft.

5 ways??? How do you get 5 People in a 182? You guys must be TINY:P

4 people with me in the plane and we are packed like Sardines!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

5 ways??? How do you get 5 People in a 182? You guys must be TINY

It depends on the 182. Later 182s, with the wider body and rear window are roomier. Modifications such as wing tip extensions can increase the gross weight enough to take 5 people averaging average weight or slightly less with a low fuel load.

A 182 with 5 jumpers can be packed. If one knows how to fit in, however, I find it often more comfortable than sitting crammed chest-to-container along a hard centerline bench in a King Air, or tilting sideways, shoulders jammed, in Twin Otter side benches. Climb time is naturally longer in the 182.

Haha you should see it when we've got some of the bigger guys going up on a 5-way load, 35-40 minutes to 12k :o

Normally about 25mins to 12k
The only problem is that your arse hurts after a while and your feet get pins and needles.
And some people just can't hold their farts in, it oesnt help that the window opener fell off so we can't open that at the moment [:/]

We normally only have enough fuel for 1 or 2 loads (hotload if we're busy) :)

Cheers,
Jason.

855 jumps, and all but about 15 have been out of a Cessna.

OK, I don't feel so deprived anymore :D so far, have never jumped anything but cessnas - 182, 206, 207 and 210. Ah, the luxury the one time in the 182 when we put out 2 SL students at 3000' and had all that space for 2 people the rest of the flight up!! B|

btw, someone told me there are only like 10 C270s worldwide - surely this can't be true??? Does anyone know?
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

I love cessnas...

Just went to a boogie to throw pumpkins and do formation loads from cessnas. Its cozy and fun to be with your friends for the 25 min formation climb to altitude.

I have done up to a 12 way from cessnas (3 of them even)

My dropzone also jumps a cessna all winter long, no problems with that I actually know how to spot.

We lose our PAC soon,.. good thing we have 2 of them this weekend for 26 ways. I might just get to be on the first formation PAC load ever... will have to ask around about that if it has been done before.

Formation loads are cool and cessnas are a lot of fun to do them in. Watching carefully below the body of the other plane for the jumpers to climb out onto the step to launch the 4way base...

Waving at your friends...

So many things that people miss out by never jumping 182s. (And its not that you can't do that with big planes but hey, its more "special" when its on small ones, i can't explain it, just feels that way.)

~D
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

5 ways??? How do you get 5 People in a 182? You guys must be TINY:P

4 people with me in the plane and we are packed like Sardines!

Above the Poconos regularly takes 6 jumpers to 10,000' in their widebody 182 with wingtip extensions, STOL kit, and 300HP engine. It's not too tight, unless you're a big guy in "the hole" up next to the pilot.

Early 182's (narrow body) do better on climb efficiency for 4 jumpers vs. stock widebody 182's with 4 jumpers. Mods can make a huge difference between individual aircraft though.

As for really small aircraft, try jumping from a powered parachute sometime. They're a blast!

Lance