Rhonda66

Who has the most jumps?

I saw in parachutist a couple of months ago that a guy was getting an award for 274 hours of freefall.. I cant do the math but that has to be a lot of jumps.. I think he was at Perris actually.. older fella..

That would be Jim Wallace...
We were never feeling bored because we were never being boring.
-Zelda Fitzgerald

That guy that jumps with his dog, has taken him at least 100 times. I was at the dz when the dog was making his 100th jump back in November. It was so cute to see that little dog in the plane with his goggles on.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

That guy that jumps with his dog, has taken him at least 100 times. I was at the dz when the dog was making his 100th jump back in November. It was so cute to see that little dog in the plane with his goggles on.

Did you pie the dog after he bought beer??:D

Yeah, those two guys have 30,000+ jumps each, SUPPOSEDLY. I've heard that some people who see them on the ground all the time doubt that. I DO know that Jim Wallace is #3 in overall jumps, he has 17,000+ at the moment, and whenever he isn't working (i.e. tandems, AFF, demo jumps, etc.) he is doing fun jumps!

Don has very accurate records of his jumps... including the bask aircraft manifests for every load on the DZ. He would have to, as Guiness wouldn't have just taken his word for it.

And remember, the listings in rising fallers represent people who have sent in for the awards, so Jim may very well be the 3rd person to receive THAT award, but the has no true bearing on him being 3rd in the world for # of jumps.

If the PD ads are to be believed, Craig Girard, Eric Fradet and Pete Allum have had over 17,000 for a while.

blue skies

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

Don Kellner is verified as having over 33,000 jumps and each jump is logged in the aircraft manifest and his log book. (Yes, he has a big box of log books and has been jumping for over 40 years.) He is the only one that has registered with the US Parachute Association as having over 33,000 skydives. The next closest person is registered at 27,000 skydives.

As far as women skydivers, Cheryl Stearns is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as having the greatest career total for women. Last I read, she has over 15000 skydives.

http://www.uspa.org/Gennov.htm#mostjumps

i had the pleasure of meeting don and his wife yesterday at skydive poconos...

unfortunatly it was too windy for me to jump so i didnt get a sig in the log book...

ill be back this summer tho...

it was a really nice dz and the people were nice and friendly and willing to help

don is crazy!i turned around for a minute and he was gone...3 mins later he was back on the ground...no goggles..just air...

was a fun day even if i didnt get to jump...
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

Bill Dause and Don Kellner have over 30,000 each but I have heard that Kellners are mostly hop and pops. I don't think Bill ever does a hop and pop so he has more FF time than anyone.

The DZO in Sydney Australia has over 22,000. I met him last April when I was down there. Phil something, I can't remember his last name.

The DZO in Sydney Australia has over 22,000. I met him last April when I was down there. Phil something, I can't remember his last name.

Yeah Phil Onis, DZO of Picton, great guy. Jumped with him on AFF3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The day you were born you were born free, that is your privilege"

I fly for Don Kellner - and to say he does mostly hop and pops is incorrect. I'd say at least half his jumps are tandems.
There are many in government who have a very simple tax proposal in mind. There will be only two lines on the tax form: 1-How much did you make last year? 2-Send it.

Either way the guy has a lot of flippen jumps and regardless if they are all hop and pops he deserves alot of respect. He has stayed in this sport through over 35000 jumps... that to me is just a surreal thing... he has seen this sport change , he has watched it grow from a infant to what it is now... I would be proud to have his signature in my log book one day.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this