Superman32

What is your field of work?

I was talking to a couple of friends and this question was brought up. Skydiving brings out some unique characteristics -- e.g. ability to think clearly, to make quick decisions, to face fears, to place yourself in dangerous situations, etc
Are some of the characteristics needed for skydiving also present in your career of choice?

Please, only mark your primary position and source of income. If you are a student, pick which field you plan on entering.
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

IT has one unique characteristic that really helps in skydiving: it gives you a high disposable income.

Your poll is almost certainly going to show an over-representation of IT people, 'coz they're a hell of a lot more likely to feel comfortable on a computer :P.

Operations Supervisor for Yellow Transportation in Coldwater, Michigan. ;)

Before that I was the General Manager for IFCO Systems in the Target Distrubution Center (Galesburg, Michigan). Left for a better pay but lost higher position. :|

Spent seven years in the mighty sand box (Saudia Arabia) working for Lockheed as a Air drop systems tech/ instrucor. (Left because seven years is too long when someone wants to kill you).. Also taught SCUBA diving there but could not jump, hated that.

Seven plus years with the US Army at Ft Bragg. Moved three times durning these years at bragg. Spent alot of time TDY...:)
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

HELP! All these engineers! :D:D Sorry - I work with engineers (construction and marine) and most of them just drive you nuts! I've met some really nice ones but most of the younger ones just think they are best and everyone should listen to them...we make jokes about engineers! :D But I'm sure skydiving engineers would be different... ;)
How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

I had to vote other, but before that I was a Six Sigma Black Belt which according to billvon, my main purpose was to eliminate other peoples jobs where I work:S

In reality I have saved good money and created two jobs in my projects:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I'm in transportation...
I'm a longhaul truckdriver and earn 45-50K.

Remember people, "If you have it, a trucker brought it to you!";)

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln