skypuppy

Are AADs required in (Your country here)

As the deadline for the big aad debate at the CSPA AGM, I ask....

Are AADs mandatory in:

France?
Russia?
Belgium?
Denmark?
Saudi Arabia?
Spain (Empuriabrava?)
Turkey?

If so, are exceptions allowed? Like CRW? Swooping? Certain licence levels being exempt? Looking for NATIONAL ORGANIZATION POLICIES only, not specific 'my dropzone-only' info.

Any other countries where AADs are mandated past student level?

Please, try to only reply with CURRENT, and TRUE FACTS, not opinions from "When I was there in 1999...."

I'm expecially looking for input from some of the nationals involved.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

It is legal to jump in England and Spain if you wish without an AAD.

However certain dropzones, for example Empuriabrava do themselves insist on an AAD or will prevent you from jumping.
--------------------------------------------------
Practise the 6 P's!
--------------------------------------------------

Mandatory in France for everyone, no exception...

Isn't that only for FFP jumping ?
What is the situation for Parapro jumping ?

In Switzerland (not on your list), AAD mandatory for students and tandems AFAIK.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

In Israel it's mandatory, no exceptions. We were the 1st country that AAD's became mandatory

...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return...
blue sky
Asaf

No mention of Australia or the USA here...........? MMMmm

I'll let one of the Aussies speak to Australia, but since the question was about countries that require AADs past the student level, that leaves the U.S. out of the discussion, at least on a country-wide level. Certainly there are individual DZs that require them or require up to a certain license level/jump number, but no national requirement exists beyond students.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

norway:
required for students, optional for others. If you don't have one, you must have an RSL.. (if you have one, an RSL is not mandatory)

What about if you're doing crw, not a good idea to have either, in my opinion, when doing crw?
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.

norway:
required for students, optional for others. If you don't have one, you must have an RSL.. (if you have one, an RSL is not mandatory)

That is one very weird rule. AAD's and RSL's have totally different purposes, the use of one doesn't preclude the use of the other. This rule totally doesn't make sense IMO.
Didn't Australia use to have this rule but changed it?

BTW when I was in Norway last year I was told AAD's were mandatory, period, nothing about RSL's.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Required in Australia until you have your D.

Note: D = 200 jumps in Australia.

An AAD is required until D licence, and between D & E (500 jumps), either an AAD or an RSL is required.

Again, I think this is one weird rule :S

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Required in Australia until you have your D.

Note: D = 200 jumps in Australia.

An AAD is required until D licence, and between D & E (500 jumps), either an AAD or an RSL is required.

What if you're doing CRW? I wouldn't want either in that case.