matereti

How far will DZO go in insulting you?

I'm curious, Why do you have to bring your dogs to the DZ?

I've personally never taken my dog anywhere besides PetsMart, the Vets office or bird hunting when I had a Brittany Spaniel. I just can't imagine a reason that I would "HAVE" to take my dogs to the DZ.

I guess if they needed medication every few hours for the rest of their life, I might consider it but I would probably just arrange for someone else to care for them if at all possible. My mother had a dog like this. She had to make sure that she was taken care of 24/7.

If he just said no I will never post a thing. No is no in my dictionary

Obviously no dosent mean no in your dictionary otherwise you wouldn't have asked him to change the rules for you.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

>WHat ever happen to customer service?

Customer service is for department stores, where people act nice to you to get your money. Drop zones are a bit different. If someone has to be an ass to not get dogshit on people's canopies, so be it. I'd be an ass too the 23rd time it happened. And if I was a jumper there, I'd appreciate the no dogshit thing - even if it meant that dog owners were unhappy.

Like you said, jump wherever you want. Find a DZO that speaks to you in a way you like. It's a free country.

There are about 20 sign saying "No Dogs" it also states "No Dogs" on the web page http://theblueskyranch.com/reqs.php and warns of unattened kids.

I love dogs; but, I understand why the no dog rule exists. Some people are afraid of dogs, dogs shit, piss on things, chase things, and occassionaly fight. The minute he allows you to break the rule, 10 other people will want to bring their dogs. You broke the rules, then you asked if your could be the exception to the rule because you are going to spend money.

An trust me, Joe will enforce the No Dogs rule when the tandems and students come.

You've been around the Ranch a little while, ask around. Somebody will watch your dogs for the price of a jump ticket or two in Gardiner or New Paltz.

Brian

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

As much as I like dogs, I can see why some DZO's and managers have adopted a "no pet attitude". I have been to a couple dz's where it's hard to even hold a conversation because there are 6 dogs barking all day. Most are tied up around the DZ and some just run free....free to run across my lines as I'm packing, free to run out in front of me while I'm coming in under canopy at a high rate of speed, and free to come over and "mark" their territory on MY RIG! Grated there are several dogs that I enjoy having around the DZ. They are well trained and behave. BUT, allowing a well trained dog around just opens the door for any other person to bring their dog. The only thing more obnoxious than a consistant barking dog is an owner that constantly yells at their barking dog......I love dogs......time and place though....

Some people are afraid of dog, dog shit, piss on things, chase things, and occassionaly fight.

Yeah? What about dogs almost killing Kenny?

The dogs need to stay home. Poor Kenny had to abort his landing the other day because a certain very large slobbery dog was patiently waiting on the runway for his owner. Good thing he saw him or we would have had quite an ugly scene.

As far as Joe is concerned, he is a genuinely caring and funny man and Goran, although you haven't been around much since Milos got hurt, you still should know that Joe is all about fun and sharing the love, just not with 4 legged-beasts.

Well just something else to consider with the "no dogs allowed" policy.
Dogs bite. We have had two such occurances within the past 3 months even with a "No dogs allowed" policy.
Both owners said "But my dog has never bitten anyone before"
Well perhaps not, but they bite now.
Both people required medical attention.
Dogs can be a liability to DZOs that allow dogs on the DZ.

Personally all I want to say is, WHat ever happen to customer service? That's what sucks in this world, nobody gives a shit about people anymore. If you run a business I'm a true believer that you need to have good customer service skills. He could of said pretty much the same thing in better words.

This guys dog is not a customer. All we have heard is one side of the story. There may be a great deal more involved that led upto that one response. As someone has already posted, dogs and kids do not belong on a dropzone.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I am going to have to run with everyone else from the ranch who knows joe...

if joe said something like this I would always assume that he is being silly as joe will be...

as far as the dog goes I can understand it...I have had my 1700 dollar canopy stepped on by a dog not a very good feeling...

Cheers

Dave

didnt some other dogs tie condoms on your toggles making for safe flying and put baby powder in your d-bag making it smell baby fresh instead of like doggie feet?

No really Vinnie, I am sorry your velocity opened that poorly and stuck you in the hospital, honest to god....dude I was really upset when that happened and still am....
Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

I am going to have to run with everyone else from the ranch who knows joe...

if joe said something like this I would always assume that he is being silly as joe will be...

as far as the dog goes I can understand it...I have had my 1700 dollar canopy stepped on by a dog not a very good feeling...

Cheers

Dave

didnt some other dogs tie condoms on your toggles making for safe flying and put baby powder in your d-bag making it smell baby fresh instead of like doggie feet?

No really Vinnie, I am sorry your velocity opened that poorly and stuck you in the hospital, honest to god....dude I was really upset when that happened and still am....
Dave

its cool bro, im still here......im still gonna bust yer balls about it forever tho, so dont get yer pantyhose all wadded up like last weekend when i was doin that to ya. hell.......i didnt even know ya packed johns velo that day till you said something to him when i was there teasin ya.......i was just playin and then he chimed in.....ahh well, all the more ammo to shoot at ya with..heh

..............and to respond about the dog thing. after the ranch started that no dog thing, i went out of my way to not bring my 2 little pains in the asses up there on the 4th a couple years ago, and i was pissed, because there were like 4 other people who did bring theirs, making my mother in law have to watch ours. and mine dont run loose, if they are out, they are on a leash right by my rv, otherwise they stay in the rv. next time ill bring em anyway, like everyone else does. theyre hardly ever out or loose and i clean up after em, and i park mostly back towards the pond.

Have you thought about putting them in day care or day boarding? Solves all the issues and the dogs get to have fun with other dogs instead of sitting at a dz tied up and bored. It's what I do with ours when we go jump.
I love my husband!

matereti....you seem to miss the point...the dz rules concerning dogs are already well established, and you are already well aware of them. First time customers such as tandems and/or students deserve a polite response to queries regarding dogs. You, on the other hand, deserve exactly the flavor of response that you are whining about here

in reply to "Just wonder has anybody else had similar experience? "

Mmmmm yep.

You can only be insulted by people you respect so stop respectin' the PAs removed by slotperfect & take your money elsewhere.
Sounds like the sport leech'll get the joke.

;)