Fleahop

AN 2 jump. Do you want it at the WFFC?

Didn't think AN2 was approved for skydiving operations.

Tell that to any skydiver from Russia and watch for the reaction! :D

Yup... or Czech jumpers....

With that said, the only advantage to the AN-2 over, say, a 182 is that it carries more jumpers. It's certainly not a fast plane to altitude, at least not in my experience (Karlovy Vary).
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Will I jump it if it comes? Yes.

Will I make several jumps? Probably not. That is one slooow airplane. :)
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

i have more than 90 jumps from an AN2 (in romania)

it climbs very very slow- 45 minutes to 10K- with
11-13 skydivers

the exit is at 140 km/h and the dor is on the left side

why anyone would love to jump from this kind of AC if they have there a lot of faster/bigger/softer AC??

only to mark in a logbook that u jump from an AN2 too?

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

To me that is what the WFFC is all about. Jumping aircraft that you can't go jump very often if at all any where else. Seeing old friends and getting to do unique things. As for 10k on altitude if it is that slow and most people will only jump it once or twice then why not jump at 5 or 6k. But ya to put it in the log book that is the only reason I would want the jump.
Don't just knock on deaths door...Kick it down and run like hell! He hates that.

I believe that I read in the forum on WFFC site that they are already planning to get an AN2 or that they are trying to get one.

Its not yet on their list of confirmed aircraft, but if I'm understanding it right they are trying to get one...
__

My mighty steed

I believe that I read in the forum on WFFC site that they are already planning to get an AN2 or that they are trying to get one.

Its not yet on their list of confirmed aircraft, but if I'm understanding it right they are trying to get one...

Thats exactly the conversation that we are having. Great thing about DZ.com is you get to talk to all kinds of skydivers from all over the world. Including those who organize things like WFFC :)
Or at least, fleahop is seeming to represent himself this way... (I don't know him, maybe he is maybe he isn't)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I made 3 jumps from a AN-2 last fall...while it is certainly not a fast climber...it is still a cool ac .....mind you...it was my 1st time jumping from anything but a c-182....they have great lift for take off...I was quite supprised by how fast it got off the ground...and a skilled pilot used to it can do some pretty cool stuff(like having it fly fairly sideways)....I am looking forward to jumping the AN-2 again this summer :)
Fleahop....did my contact info prove useful for you?

[
Thats exactly the conversation that we are having. Great thing about DZ.com is you get to talk to all kinds of skydivers from all over the world. Including those who organize things like WFFC :)
Or at least, fleahop is seeming to represent himself this way... (I don't know him, maybe he is maybe he isn't)

Fleahop is THE man when it comes to WFFC aircraft!
You know how they say that confession is like whispering in the ear of God? Well, talking to Fleahop is like whispering in the ear of the FAA...
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Basically AN-2 is King Air with the single Cessna engine. Had about 30 jumps from AN-2 10 years ago, we jumped from 800 meters, and it took about 15 minutes to reach it. For higher altitudes it is much slower.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *