billvon

High temps at Perris

Yesterday temperatures were forecast to go as high as 108 or so. At noon, temps at Perris were measured between 110 and 114. I made 4 jumps in the morning and then couldn't take it any more. The 4 way I was jumping with was sort of bummed because they wanted to make more jumps. An hour later they were in the relatively cool Bomb Shelter, but even the A/C in there couldn't get it much below 90.

By about 3pm clouds started rolling in, and then it started pouring. There was an impressive lightning show for a while, and we lost power a dozen times. They finally called it around that time.

Today's high is predicted to be 116F. I think I'll go to the beach.

Comment from Dan BC, who saw my (white) RW suit in the boarding area -

"You know, I think that's the right idea. When we started the whole black jumpsuit thing it just sorta caught on - but white suits and black gloves work just as well. If we could go back and do it over . . ."

Same story in Northern California. Byron was 100 degrees at 10 AM and hit a high of 114. The RW gang all hung it up at 2 PM and headed out for cold beers.

How hot was it? Gareth actually took off his jump suit between loads. (Fortunately, he was not wearing the Shorts of Power).

"You know, I think that's the right idea. When we started the whole black jumpsuit thing it just sorta caught on - but white suits and black gloves work just as well. If we could go back and do it over . . ."

Last weekend my team did a 3 day training camp, all dressed in black. Saturday was the heat from HELL! Someone at the ultralight park had a thermometer in the shade there and said it was registering 122 degrees! :o

Needless to say several of us jumped in the pool as soon as we finished our last jump. Clothes and all! I sure felt sorry for all the packers...

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

We had 101 degrees at Shelton, WA Saturday. Holy hell, this is Washington, fer cryin' out loud. The humidity wasn't the best either. After starting about noon and doing 5 tandems (and packing 4), I was melting.[:/]

Took today off and went swimming and stuff. Hot enough to turn me into a whuffo. :S

It was 85 and beautiful here in Rantoul today. Ride to altitude was 5 minutes. Got 15 jumps in, packed them all myself. swooped the pond. jumped the helicopter. Met some cool people from the UK and Guatemala and Michigan, to name a few.

Planes were turning all day long.

peace
Karen Lewis
http://www.exitshot.com

Right, Hollister had 110-114F, and it was quite hot on the ground as early as at 8AM.

Some time ago I read in news about Japan engineers who invented clothers with built-in air conditioning. Anyone knows any manufacturer web site? :)
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

Dang, Bill!

High Perris temperature was 111 degrees today, with the -first- peak at 1:55pm. It then peaked -again- at 4:57pm. Since when do we get -two- peaks in a day? :o Geeze! B|

See attached...

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

glad i am not the only one suffering. unfortunately not jumping, but working hard outside all day backstage of disneyland resort . yuck! is it bad when you walk into a storage container, and you feel your skin literally burning?
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Today's high is predicted to be 116F. I think I'll go to the beach.

Up in Hesperia area it was slightly cooler, we decied to go to Big Bear....nice....thunder showers and 75F.

Same in Utah, at Skydive Utah the day temp is 107, with off-tarmac heat hitting well over 120. No winds make for difficult landings. Dunno if y'all have the same weather expectations we do, but it's supposed to be "cooler" at 101 for the remainder of the week and then pop back up again next week.

My very first jumpsuit was all black with blue grippers. Absolutely loved it from the day I got it (November 17th) until the following April...the next one was a VERY light silver-gray, couldn't quite bring myself to get white. ;)

On the ground at the DZ in Hollister on Saturday afternoon around 2:30, my Neptune showed 116 F.:o That was a brutal afternoon...
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

I flew into LA on Fri night from New Zealand where I am still chipping the ice off my car in the morning. Looking forward to some nice warm jumping on Sat morning.

After 2 jumps and 2 pack jobs which left my canopy soaking in sweat :P I gave up.

The drive home was almost unbearable with the a/c on the blink, I ended up pouring water over my head in the car until the water became too hot.

I tell you, it was worth the price of a jump ticket just to cool off in the breeze at 13000ft

It was 85 and beautiful here in Rantoul today. Ride to altitude was 5 minutes. Got 15 jumps in, packed them all myself. swooped the pond. jumped the helicopter. Met some cool people from the UK and Guatemala and Michigan, to name a few.

Planes were turning all day long.

peace
Karen Lewis

Just rub it in Lew!!!!! Ya, a lot of us wish we could be there too!!!!

Yeah, I was at Elsinore training Fri-Sat-Sun and we ended up doing about 7 jumps a day. I went through at least 300 ounces of mixed gatorade-lite and water and think I might have peed once each day. You know it's hot when you get in the plane and lean your head over to rest a little and get your neck burned by your three rings.

Wow. That thunderstorm on Saturday afternoon was a doozy. I was sorry I couldn't get together with you and Amy, but I was just dead meat at the end of each of the jumping days.

Platypus makes a neat collapsible "canteen" that you could fill with water, drink on the plane, and then tuck in your jumpsuit. My camera suit has so many pockets I can bring 4 bottles of water with me if I need to (or my team mates need it).