pilatus_p

Funniest / most embarrassing first jump reaction

The dropzone I learned at was a Cessna dropzone that did static lines (...long time ago). I remember being on the ground hearing the jump master scream at some student who was standing on the wheel, but refusing to let go. They did a go around, with the student on the wheel. Pilot finally had enough, and unlocked the brake on the wheel :D:D:D Problem solved.
We are all engines of karma

What I cant understand is why the instructor didnt jump?

If I was a TI/AFFi and a student refused to jump I'd say well its a shame to waste the altitude.

Bye.

Because the instructors have to stay with their students. What would the students think if they did that???:S

On the way to height I was sitting at the back of the XL facing forward so I could see everyone face to face.

Now every now and then some one lets on rip in the plane. Fair enough. Except this time the smell lingered for a little bit too long.

Looking forward to the tandem master sitting up on the step making crazy eyes at his passenger who had dropped his entire load on the way to height.

Now thats ALL bad...

I don't care what the AGL is! Let me out! -that's nasty man:D

On the way to height I was sitting at the back of the XL facing forward so I could see everyone face to face.

Now every now and then some one lets on rip in the plane. Fair enough. Except this time the smell lingered for a little bit too long.

Looking forward to the tandem master sitting up on the step making crazy eyes at his passenger who had dropped his entire load on the way to height.

Now thats ALL bad...

So, I gotta ask...did they still make the jump?

Now thats ALL bad...

So, I gotta ask...did they still make the jump?

they would have go solo if i was the ti
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

We had a guy at our DZ who, upon landing, put his hands at his hips and his back strait... you know, the "Buzz Lightyear" position... Anyway, when the cameraguy asked what he thought of the dive, he said (I swear to god) "Nothin'. I wasn't scared at all. Kinda boring, really. Just... nothin'."

The best part of this is that the reaction is on video, as well as the absolutely terrified look on his face as he left the door:D.

Even his whuffo friends knew he was full of it, and they were relentless when they saw the video.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

a few years ago a hottie comes out for her 1st tandem and decides to go naked

so of course there was a big crowd waiting for the landing Billy lands her right in front of the covered area disconnects the harness and she immediately turns around and pukes her guts out she got a great round of applause
:D
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

she points at the other tandem pair and says "is that us?" Totally straight faced, the instructor replied "No, we already landed"

That's pretty funny. I was ground crew for a student once who was known to be nervous on the way up (tight Cessna DZ, surrounded by trees and river, round main -- of course).

So we see her climb out. We hear
"GO"
"NO"
"GO"
"NO"
(yes, you can hear them if the cut's slow enough and they yell loud enough)
and then we see the wing of the airplane dip hard to take her off (hanging exit -- it's not like she can land like that). She's kind of long by now, but likely makeable.

She ignores the arrow, downwinds her landing on the DZ, lays there until someone reaches her, then gets up with a grin and asks if she can go again. Nope, not this time :P

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Had one at mye course that wasnt too easy to get out of the door. I didnt get to see it myself, but a friend of my made a hop'n'pop jump and got to see him jump.
This was a AFF level 1 from a tailexit-plane.

He was sitting in the plane, normally nervous. Nothing extraordinary about the trip up. But when JM says "Ready to skydive?", he immidiately says no. JMs stands up and grab him. Gets him to stand up and he continues: no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no...... All the way to the back of the plane.

Standing at the edge he forgets to start his prosedure. He just stands there. Primary JM gets him started; "Primary?"
He takes a big breath and starts.
"Primary?"
"OK!!"
He mumbles for himself no, no, no, no, no. "Secundary?"
"OK!"
A little louder now; No, No,No, No, No.
UP, no, no, no, no, DOWN, No, No, No, No, No, OUT!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo....................... - and silence.

After his chute opened, this I heard, he screams like a little girl. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
All the way down he screams a little now and then.
Landing on the outer edge of the landingfield, and screams again. He comes running back and says he wants to go again. NOW!

He passed level 1.
A skydiver's famous last words:
- Hey! Hold my beer, and watch this...!
- If that guy can do it, so can I...!
- In 9 out of 10 this will work out just fine. Don't worry about it...!

2 years ago a woman did a tandem at the same time than her son, at the moment the plane took off she begun to shout «oooh fucking shit .... oooh fucking shit» everybody was laughing in the plane then she continued all the way up to 13500 with every single known variations of the word Fuck ... everybody finally get out normally then it was her turn and the TM jumped ... did the normal freefall and once opened he eard her still shouting all the fuck she knows and this .... until she was on the ground ! her son was feeling so embarassed about his mum ...
the video did its way to our yearly video compilation ;);)
--------------------------------------------------
I never used 2 rocks to start a fire ... this is called evolution !

Hehe I like that one! I guess thats what my first static line was like, except the 'no no no NOOOOOOOOO" was all in my head!

Thats a funny story, but goes to show how much fun you can have when you make yourself do dumb sh*t!

Would be good to know - is he still in the sport? I WISH that was on video :D

Ross
http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/troll.htm

He jumped some more jumps, but had to leave the course beacause of work. I met him about a month later at the DZ and he was still jumping. Managed to get his A during the summer.
A skydiver's famous last words:
- Hey! Hold my beer, and watch this...!
- If that guy can do it, so can I...!
- In 9 out of 10 this will work out just fine. Don't worry about it...!

One day during the week two guys showed up to do a tandem. There were no other jumpers and I was the only TM so I planned to take them up one at a time in the C-182. Up I go with the first one, good freefall and good canopy. As we flew down he decides to throw up and turns his head to the side as he did it. Guess who got covered!

We landed and I cleaned up, got another jumpsuit and rig. Up I got with his buddy. Guess what? Same thing, under canopy he turns his head to the side and ralphs all over me. Two in a row!

I am happy to say that they never came back.[:/]

Funny thing; I forgot to be scared on my first jump. The second was a different story all together.

I have a friend who did AFF. Afterwards all he could say was "No one told me it would be so noisy!". Apparently he didn't want to continue because he got such a fright when he jumped out and the wind made such a noise. I think he thought it would be all calm and peaceful. haha
Only skydivers know why the birds sing; they don't have to pack a parachute!