pilatus_p

Funniest / most embarrassing first jump reaction

Another funny story. I was sitting facing backwards while the instructor despatched a student behind me. In this airplane the student hangs on the wing strut. It seemed to be taking long so I looked around and all I see out the window is the student with her feet still on the step shaking her head vigorously and her arms wrapped really tightly around the wingstrut while the instructor was kicking her feet and yelling "Go! Go!".

Eventually she couldn't hold on any more.

She had a very long run in - thank goodness we have a large dropzone.
Only skydivers know why the birds sing; they don't have to pack a parachute!

while the instructor was kicking her feet and yelling "Go! Go!"

:o Is that strictly an official practise?

I bet she wanted to jump again after though!

Strut hangs must be useful for refusing students. Otherwise you'd have to wrestle them to the door and chuck them out ...

Ross
http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/troll.htm

while the instructor was kicking her feet and yelling "Go! Go!"

:o Is that strictly an official practise?

I know that at the DZ where I learned, students were welcome to decide not to skydive at any point until they exited the plane. Once you were outside of the plane (whether standing on the step or floating at the door for a poised exit, or hanging from the strut), you were making a skydive whether you wanted to or not.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

After his chute opened, this I heard, he screams like a little girl. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
All the way down he screams a little now and then.
Landing on the outer edge of the landingfield, and screams again. He comes running back and says he wants to go again. NOW!

He passed level 1.

LOL! :D

I think I've closed my eyes for about 2 seconds after the exit on all four jumps which include my tandem. Either that or I was so buffed on adrenaline I don't remember anything until leveling out a few seconds later. :D
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan