Peej

I can't concentrate on anything else...

I completed AFF a few months back, have my A and my Cat II and am finding incredible joy in every aspect of the sport - free flying in particular - there's only one problem...I just can't focus on anything else!

Apart from spending everything i have on gear and jumps, i catch myself driving around on weekdays with my head out of the window looking at the sky muttering "what a great day for jumping", i spend about 2 hrs a day online reading up on the sport and i'd rather get to bed early on a sat nite and be at the DZ for the first load on a sunday.

Oh and i'm seriously entertaining thoughts of tossing the job and hitting the states to log jumps.

I was wondering if anyone else has/had this problem when they started jumping?

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

This may be more info that y'all wanted but anyway. After my first AFF jump ( had done 2 tandems first) I went to a seminar to stop smoking. We were to visualize a "beautiful place". I started visualizing some ruins in Mexico that my wife and I had visited on vacation and then I realized that I was not visualizing them from the ground but what they would have looked like from freefall. Yep- I've got it bad too. Welcome to the club.

Doing some lame IT job 9-5,
Kentlad

I heard that, I am stuck in a computer rooms without windows all day myself, can't even SEE the sky.

can't even SEE the sky.

You might actually be better off that way. At least you can't stare longingly out the window and wish that you were falling through that beautiful blue sky...

I just tell myself that my co-workers think I'm thinking about work.

can't even SEE the sky.

You might actually be better off that way. At least you can't stare longingly out the window and wish that you were falling through that beautiful blue sky...

I just tell myself that my co-workers think I'm thinking about work.

Hey stop complaining. I'm also a 9-5 IT'er and my view is directed to an airport with planes going up and down all day.
And it aint even jumpplanes.. that would be cool.. spending lunches at the dropzone.. ghehe

------- SIGNATURE BELOW -------
Complete newbie at skydiving, so be critical about what I say!!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I know the feeling...and I think I have it a little worse, I was activated for the National Guard that was last december. I haven't made a jump since!
Try getting lost in Bagdad cause you can't stop thinking about new gear, old friends, and amazing jumps... and what is worse than that, is that there hasn't been a cloud in the sky for the past 6 months... So REALLY know how you all feel!!!!
-Scott
--------------------------------------------------
What doesn't kill you... only requires brief hospitalization!!

i remember trying to study calculus for an exam and my mind would wander off to thoughts of freefall. I wound up with a C

Ive done several reports/presentations at school related to skydiving. Nailed an "A" on all of emB|

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

I I was activated for the National Guard that was last december.

Remember the 5th general order I used to teach my privates
"Accomplish the mission and come home SAFELY to mamma"

Good luck, I am watching your 6 in my prayers.

I am finding it the same . Every jump brings a new achievement and i think about little else. I am much more inclinded to turn down an average night out with a view to being sober at the DZ next day. Maybe this will wear off.

Ive never experienced anything like it and the risks have to be worth it!! it breaks all the rules. Thought i was actually flying on my first track the other day!!!

I feel frustrated at not being able to communicate this to the grounded!!

Man - I can totally relate. Hours on DZ.com, waiting for new gear to arrive. Work?

I'm only at Jump#15 and feel like I'm gonna puke if I don't get a fix soon. I was convinced that if I could get 5-6 jumps in this weekend that I would be able to temporarily "get it out of my system". Righhhhhtttttt....

I was hoping to get my "A" this weekend and we were fogged out all day saturday (Clouds come in almost to the end of the DZ, and then receded - phreakin tease...) - and because I blew my family "day-pass" on Saturday, I couldn't go on Labor day when the weather was awesome ($16 to 16K all weekend).

The first part of curing any addiction is admitting that you've got a problem - Well, I'm sure I've got a problem... not sure if I want to cure it.

- Jeff

Dude, I feel your pain and I'm only halfway through AFF. I'm sitting here typing out documentation for a load of crappy IT software that I'm supposed to be learning how to use but instead it's 1am and I'm browsing the forums looking for any useful info while jamming to the RHCP. I have to be up in four hours to go running. I can't tell you how much I want to just freaking LIVE since I started jumping this summer!!!

Tell me about it. Heres my daily routine...

Wake up.
Check DZ.com.
Check to see if the skydiving mpegs i started downloading have finished.
Shower.
Work, at work:
Logon to DZ.com, Dirtdive.co.uk and have google ready search for whatever skydiving thing I can think of.
Look out of the window towards the DZ and check the DZ.com forums.
Bitch about it being a weekday so DZ is closed.
Go home, at home:
Check DZ.com incase I missed anything new on my way home.
Look for skydiving mpegs to download on skydivingmovies.com.
Watch recently downloaded skydiving mpegs.
Get some food.
Sleep.

This changes on a Thursday and friday as I feel obliged to fit a pint in with my mates!!

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"
------------------------------------------------------

I just finished AFF and for the last almost week it has been nasty rainy weather (of course when im working and driving around on sunday it was beutiful, but then monday sucked). Well now im back to school and cant wait til friday (hopefully it will be a good day). And yes, im addicted

Getting through the week is rough when all you can think about is skydiving, gear, the DZ, friends at the DZ, not to mention the occasional smell thats similar to jet fuel as I drive around town, but man its rough, glad I don't have classes on fridays.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Man... I found it REALLY hard studying for my C & D exams! Talk about the mind wandering. It'd take me 1/2 hr to get a 1/2 page through the study guides... I hit that daydream tree more times than George of the Jungle.:D
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies.”

Getting through the week is rough when all you can think about is skydiving, gear, the DZ, friends at the DZ, not to mention the occasional smell thats similar to jet fuel as I drive around town, but man its rough, glad I don't have classes on fridays.

I'm trying to concentrate on certain work related issues. But every 10 minutes or so I find myself coming back here.

Damm you HH!!! ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over