cmnt

$ 2250 for a 7-level AFF course, Too expensive or ok?

This course includes.

-FJC
-1 Tandem jump
-Levels 1-3 with 2 instructors
-Levels 4-7 with 1 instructor
-Video of the whole thing

I'm a wuffo looking to get involved in the sport, I'm in Europe right now (Spain), Is this price too expensive compared to AFF courses in the US? I have to choose between Lillo and Empuriabrava, haven't chosen yet [:/]

Talking about doing the AFF course, HOLY BEETLEJUICE I'm nervous shitless hehe typical wuffo sensations, just thinking about jumping out that door gives me cold sweats and shaky hands already wow, I just hope I do everything correctly and don't pass out or fuck up when the time to jump by myself comes.

I've been wanting to do this since I was a cute little shit watching Point Break in the 90's lol. I seriously hope I don't pass out from shock in the middle of freefall or anything from acknowledging that my dream is finally coming true after many years of waiting and saving $.

Here, AFF is EUR 1250, outside video of 7 jumps would be 55 euro each i think, inside video for debriefing is often included these days, depending on which instructors you have, but you have to pay some to get a copy of it. A tandem is eur 199 (weekends), video 95 euro. So, EUR 1929 or EUR 1600 depending on the video would set you back about 2500 USD/2100 USD at my DZ. So, for outside video + edited dvd(s), doesn't sound too bad. Inside video, we can do it cheaper LOL

Face it, Europe is plenty expensive, esp with the current EUR/USD exchange rate.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

hey guys I have reviewed both Lillo and Empuria prices and I think I will go with Empuria, their AFF program is like this:

-FJC
-1 Tandem jump
-7 AFF jumps
-Canopy packing course
-Video of the whole AFF
- 10 extra jumps after you graduate

All this for about $2500, plus AFF students get a 50% discount at their bunkhouse.

Lillo is charging an extra $80 for teaching you how to pack your main (that is separate from the AFF price according to their site), F that!, plus it's $13 if you want to stay in one of the local motels, in Empuria it's $9.

All in all I think Empuria is the way to go, I will pay about $2500 but at least they teach me how to pack my main and give me 10 extra jumps. In Lillo you have to pay $3200 for 15 extra jumps plus another $80 for the canopy packing course, wow...

This course includes.

-FJC
-1 Tandem jump
-Levels 1-3 with 2 instructors
-Levels 4-7 with 1 instructor
-Video of the whole thing

Europe is more expensive for the most part, but what you list here is about $1500 at the more expensive DZs of the US. Skydive Chicago will do the full A license routine with a lot of post AFF coaching for about that price.

Of course, if you're there and not here, and want to do it, what else can you do? Airfares aren't cheap and it's easier to do the program over time rather than in a compressed week, esp if weather is an issue.

Eddie, I didnt mention ASC. I said SKYRIDE. I thought they were not the same??;)

But since we are talking Skyride and not ASC.. Does that include the weather insurance, Big Plane Fee and "All the way up" fee?? or is that all just for tandems?

Like we have discussed many times before, The Jumpers and staff at ASC are great, No problems with them at all. But the SKYRIDE Business practices.. That is different.

For just little more you can go to Z-Hills and get your A liscence with video of all your jumps, and if you go for their top package you won't have to pay for retries
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I paid $2700 for all that you are getting plus all the manuals, log book, USPA membership and 30 minutes in the wind tunnel (WELL worth the money!). I thought mine was quite expensive too but the instruction was well worth it. I'm sure like with anything else, you get what you pay for.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke

That's is about right. If you want to save mnoey you can ask them to drop the video....but I would get video of your fisrt jump at least.

than, get video as you can afford it. It DOES make a difference when you can see what you are doing right, and see what you are doing wrong.

edit: I noticed many people overlooked that you get VIDEO on every jump. that makes a hiuge diffrence, and makes the price in the acceptable range. Just makes sure that there is a seperate video person filming your jump..
My photos

My Videos

Here at Spaceland you do 2 tandems followed by 18 student solo jumps. After the 2 tandems the student program is $2200.00 if you pay as you go, or $1899.00 if you prepay the whole program. The class is $50.00 if you are paying as you go, or it is included in the package price if you prepay. This price includes instructors, equipment, video on every jump etc... THIS IS FOR 18 JUMPS! And it is an A license program, not just AFF. You graduate with your A-license proficiency card completed and 20 jumps. You then go do 5 solos at $20.00 a pop and send off for your license. $2250 for 7 levels of AFF sounds like robbery to me.

What do you guys mean by "inside" or "outside" video?[:/]

Yeah Europe is truly expensive, sucks>:(, you Americans complain about gas prices lol! you should come to Europe some time when the dollar regains its value or something because if you come here now I think you would spend your life savings in 1 month hehe.