cmnt

$ 2250 for a 7-level AFF course, Too expensive or ok?

That sounds about right after the conversion from euros to USD. For those in the US (and yes I'm american living abroad right now) the course is actually 1600 euros (well it was last winter when my friend went through it) so very comparable if the rate was 1 to 1.

For the OP....Go to EMP. Absolutely beutiful and the DZ is great. Also lots of fun after the last load. A group of us go a few times a year and as mentioned above, my friend did the same program a few months ago. Good times had by all.
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

Inside video: one of your instructors has a camera helmet on. This means no extra jump ticket but the video isn't that great esp when he's holding on to you because he's so close.

Outside video: you get a real cameraman to jump with you, his/her video will show much more of the jump.

examples:
Outside AFF video:
http://www.paracentrumteuge.nl/component/option,com_weblinks/task,view/catid,48/id,10/
Some inside AFF video here:
http://www.paracentrumteuge.nl/component/option,com_weblinks/task,view/catid,50/id,55/

ciel bleu,
Saskia

EB is a wicked DZ. They have an amazing set up and the atmosphere there is just great.

However for doing your AFF you just can't overlook the dollar exchange rate right now. It makes it pretty much just as cheap to fly to the US and do the jumps there.

My advice would be: if you want to do it as cheaply as possible then go to the states. If you want to go to a DZ where you are certain to meet people from Europe that you'll probably jump with at least a few times again then go to EB.

I did levels 1-8 with one repeat for about 1950USD. That included only the uspa membership. No videos.

Now that Im on solo, its time to do coach jumps but the DZ wont let me jump with just any coach, it has to be one of their instructors and they charge $99 per coach jump. Pity cause I have a coach friend who was willing to coach me for free. :(

Poetry don't work on whores.

and they charge $99 per coach jump. Pity cause I have a coach friend who was willing to coach me for free.

There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to jump with your friend who has his coach rating.

That sucks that they are humping you like that.
Your friend wouldnt be breaking USPA rules if he jumped with you. The DZ may try to kick him off, doue to dz policy, but maybe it;s worth it to go somewhere else.[:/]
My photos

My Videos