ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is SKYRIDE ON MYSPACE!!!

http://profile.myspace.com/...mp;friendid=54021249

A place where MILLIONS if not billions of people frequent everyday. There is alot of us here that go to myspace.

Yup, you are correct! Chaoskitty and I stumbled upon that website a few weeks ago while just surfing. It's pretty funny, with pictures of girls in bikinis posing by planes at "ASC". I don't quite get it, but it's definitely affiliated with Skyride, near as we could tell...:S

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Sorry your search didn't find The Farm...just 1.5 miles away from ASC.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com/

You really should check out the Farm before you commit your dollars to ASC. Go see what the Farm is all about before you commit.

Check out the DZ reviews here on DZ.com.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

As many people have stated, the instructors at ASC are quality. My reason for not jumping there is because I have been personally affected by the deceptive business practices of the owners of this company, and I refuse to put money in their pockets. I did my AFF there, before I knew any better.
If you choose to stay there for your AFF, make sure you get to jump with Jesse.. hes a good instructor. But please realize that you have other choices in Atlanta. ASC will train you well but its much more of a business like atmosphere. The Farm will train you well and you'll feel like you're part of a family.
Good luck with your training! Hope to jump with you in the near future!

Question to those of you who are in the know (that might affect BelskyBlueEyes above):

The last I remember hearing, ASC was under review by the USPA, their affiliation hanging in the balance.

I know it's gotten yucky, gone into litigation, etc...but from a student's perspective, if ASC loses their USPA affiliation, will it make a difference? (in other words, if I was to do my AFF 1-7 at ASC, then go to another DZ to jump (before I had met the A-license requirements), would they accept my credentials?)

I guess a better question is, if one goes through student training at a non-USPA-affiliated DZ, what does that mean for them in the long run? Anything? Will they be able to get their USPA A-license after 25 jumps?

(It would just be a good thing for BelskyBlueEyes to know before she goes and begins her training. I'd hate for someone to wind up with a bunch of jumps, but nothing really to show for it.)
Signatures are the new black.

Is there some sort of documentation or article stating this fact? If so, I would like to see it and read it before I do anything. I have contacted the USPA to find out what is going on, so let's see how long it takes them to contact me back and what they have to tell me. One question I do have then, is every DZ in America a member of the USPA? Is it a requirement, or just a 'good idea'? If it is not a requirement, then I would think my jumps would count anywhere. Another thought if jumps don't count, then why would all those instructors and people with all that experience still be going there? It is rather confusing to hear all this negative stuff about the DZ I chose, and it's not like we have alot of choices for other ones. From what I see, the others are smaller and have 1 plane, so it may take all day to jump even if I was certified. I am doing the research regardless and hopefully can make a wise decision.

I have contacted the USPA to find out what is going on, so let's see how long it takes them to contact me back and what they have to tell me.

That's cute. "Yes Carolyn, we have 5 detectives on this for you. They're working in shifts!"

If it is not a requirement, then I would think my jumps would count anywhere.

Doesn't really matter in the long run. If you're going to get into it then your instructors will just know that you've gotten in a couple of tandems. The jump isn't any different for a member or non-member. Although I'm sure someone could split hairs and say a tandem counts for this or that...in the long run...nope.

I am doing the research regardless and hopefully can make a wise decision.

Either way, don't believe what you hear from internet people. But, if you have the time, call a Skyride number, say you're from Richmond, VA and see where they try to send you.

Again this has nothing to do with ASC and everything to do with Skyride.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Is there some sort of documentation or article stating this fact?

The USPA Board of Directors meeting minutes don't go into details, but their decisions are published on the USPA Web site:

http://www.uspa.org/contact/BODminutes/BODMinutes07-05.pdf page 19-20, motions 35 - 39

http://www.uspa.org/contact/BODminutes/BODMin0206.pdf page 21

As for the jumps, yes, jumps at non-USPA dropzones do count toward USPA licenses, ratings, and awards, but only USPA-certified Instructors, etc., can sign off A-license cards and other USPA documents.

We all have to come up with our own definitions of sin. Personally I define it as deliberately harming an innocent person. If you can look at what ASC/Skyride does and decide that their behavior is morally acceptable, then go ahead and jump there; you'll probably fit right in.

Likewise, we all have to set our own priorities in life. If you decide that what they do is wrong but that you can live with that as long as it means having a short drive or an air-conditioned packing area, then ditto.

It's not for me to tell anyone else what their morality or priorities should be. As for me, I'll quit skydiving before I ever put a penny into Quattrocchi or Butler's pockets.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Heres something I was thinking about sorry if someone already mentioned it:

How many times have we recieved an email FWD, joke or chain letter, over and over. Lets do the same. If we all emailed EVERYONE on our contact lists a quick email saying stay away from SKYRIDE and Thrill Planet, give a few website examples, and ask those people to FWD it, it could get around to just about everyone.

Maybe I am dumb, but I think its worth a shot. [:/]

"I love 'lamp'."
-SKYMAMA

and it's not like we have alot of choices for other ones. From what I see, the others are smaller and have 1 plane, so it may take all day to jump even if I was certified.

Like I said see for yourself. Go visit them.
Sounds like you have been fed some lies (ASC is known for that too).

1 Plane?? The Farm owns 4 Planes.
A Caravan, Grand Caravan, Porter and 185.

SDA (Thomaston) has a A King -Air.. One of the nicest planes in Skydiving. 14000 feet in less than 7 minutes.

ASC may turn more loads than the Farm (Not always but sometimes) but I doubt they come close to Thomaston on turning loads.

Also The Farm is an Upjumper Dropzone. Very few Tandems compared to ASC. The Farm will NEVER Bump upjumpers to make room for Tandems. We fly fewer loads but upjumpers get more jumps in because the plane is not half full of tandems on every load (ie.. More room for upjumpers on every load).

Please dont believe anything they tell you (or that I tell you for that matter) about other Dropzones... Go see for yourself. The Farm is 1 Mile away. Also if it is convenient.. Go check out Thomaston too.

Visit all three and make up your own mind.

[reply
SDA (Thomaston) has a A King -Air.. One of the nicest planes in Skydiving. 14000 feet in less than 7 minutes.

I made 30 jumps in one day out of that plane. Me thinks one plane is plenty on a regurlar day. :)
Ive done plenty at the Farm. All in a respectable turn around time.

BelskyBlueEyes: if you listen to anything, listen to us tell ya to do you own investigation. I have friends that jump/instruct at ASC. Yet, I have chosen to not jump there b/c of the owners business practices.
FWIW my .02
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

It is rather confusing to hear all this negative stuff about the DZ I chose, ...

You might ask yourself why it is that of the 300 dropzones and scores of other skydiving-related businesses in the country, only the enterprises owned by Butler and Quattrocchi receive this kind of reaction from the skydiving community.

... and it's not like we have alot of choices for other ones. From what I see, the others are smaller and have 1 plane, so it may take all day to jump even if I was certified. I am doing the research regardless and hopefully can make a wise decision.

Don't let the ASC/Skyride propaganda fool you. We all have choices. Skydive the Farm (previously linked) and Skydive Atlanta ( www.skydiveatlanta.com ) are both within reasonable driving distance of midtown Atlanta and both have far larger, safer landing areas than ASC. As for making a lot of jumps, I haven't been to the Farm lately, but at SDA I made four AFF training jumps with the same student a few Sundays ago, and it's fairly easy for a regular jumper to make that many or more. In fact, a few months ago with our "one plane" we flew thirty loads. One jumper was on all thirty of them (special circumstances) and three others made over fifteen jumps each.

We all have choices.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

...and it's not like we have alot of choices for other ones...

Evidently you missed all the references to The Farm and SDA. Forgive me, but it's hard to understand why anyone would choose ASC over the other two DZs in GA especially a student who can learn at a DZ with a large landing area instead of a small, hilly, rocky one.

Your jumps at ASC will count toward your USPA license if you can get a USPA certified instructor to sign off on your license application.

Again, before you decide, there's nothing like a visit to the other DZs before you make your final choice and pay your money. Do not limit your research to the internet...only a personal visit will tell the whole story.

Add me to the list of those who will NOT put $$ into Ben and Cary's pockets.

Did you get my PM?

I can't answer your question but I can tell you they are no longer a USPA group member.They lost all of their group memberships. Ben and Carey both were striped of their memberships and instructor ratings.

Even though they (Ben and Carey) have lost their instructor and group rating can't AFF be taught there by another certified AAF-I? Not that I would ever spend a dime their (because I wouldn't, due to their business practices). Just trying to get clarification.

I learned at a DZ has chosen not to be a USPA group member, but was taught by a USPA certified AFF-I and received my USPA profeciencey card to continue on with my A Lic.

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

I can't answer your question but I can tell you they are no longer a USPA group member.They lost all of their group memberships. Ben and Carey both were striped of their memberships and instructor ratings.

Even though they (Ben and Carey) have lost their instructor and group rating can't AFF be taught there by another certified AAF-I?

As far as I know, yes.

Ben and Cary could probably care less whether their ratings are gone, they're still raking in the dough with their dirty Skyride business.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The answer to your question is...yes.

There are many good DZs that are not group members and you can learn to skydive at any of them. Some people place importance on the public commitment to abide by USPA BSRs while others don't. Some non-members still abide by the BSRs while some don't. Only knowledge and a personal investigation will be able to tell the difference. I advise against blindly jumping into anything. (no pun intended)

Personally, I like the idea of a public commitment that the USPA group membership requires.

come on folks
there is really nothing we can do but make as many folks aware of the scam

legal action..what a joke
USPA..used the nuclear option ,shot its wad

SKYRIDE fills a market demand ..yea it sucks but they are getting rich as other DZ even local DZ's struggle to pay there bills

all you can do vote with your feet

if anything could be done it would have been done

it is sad that many good folks ret ripped off by them
so if your DZ supports then go somewhere else

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

From Skydive October 2006 Volume 26, Issue #303

Responding to a petition from the defendants, a Federal judge in August reduced the scope of the lawsuit Skydive Arizona filed against Cary Quattrocchi, Ben Butle and several of their businesses. Skydive Arizona is suing the men over their controversial 1-800-Skyride tandem marketing program, alleging anit-trust violations, trademark infringement, consumer deception and unfair competition. The judge dismissed the claims against the individual defendants, but left in place those against several corporations they own. She also struck 79 paragraphs from Skydive Arizona's complaint; these paragraphs mainly concern various websites not owned or controlled by Skydive Arizona.

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I just checked Pacer for updates..

Nothing at all has happened with the USPA suit since 4/20/2006.

The Skydive Arizona Suit has been very Busy this week.

I Also found a GREAT deposition that details Skyrides Business practices from Jim Vance. (Attached.. Worth the read if you really want to know why people do not like Skyride))

Full Case Docket on Pacer:
08/30/2005 1 ***PARAGRAPHS 23 AND 150 THROUGH 228 ARE STRIKEN PER ORDER 26 FILED
8/24/06***COMPLAINT, filed by SKYDIVE ARIZONA, INC. (Attachments: # 1 Civil Cover Sheet # 2 Exhibit)(Leach, Sid) Modified on 8/24/2006 (LAD). (Entered: 08/30/2005)

08/31/2005 Filing fee paid, receipt number PHX032267. This case has been assigned to the Honorable Mary H. Murgia. All future pleadings or documents should bear the correct case number: CV05-2656-PHX-MHM (ESH, ) (Entered: 09/01/2005)

09/01/2005 2 Summons Issued as to CARY QUATTROCHI, BEN BUTLER, 1-800-SKY-RIDE, 1800SKYRIDE.COM, ATLANTA SKYDIVING CENTER, CASC INC.. (Attachments: # 1 Atlanta# 2 Ben# 3 CASC# 4 skyride.com# 5 1-800-skyride)(ESH, ) (Entered: 09/01/2005)

10/13/2005 3 Notice re Notice of Filing Return of Service of Process on Defendant 1800Skyride.com by SKYDIVE ARIZONA, INC. re 1 Complaint (Leach, Sid) (Entered: 10/13/2005)

10/13/2005 4 Notice re Notice of Filing Return of Service of Process on Defendant 1-800-Sky-Ride by SKYDIVE ARIZONA, INC. re 1 Complaint (Leach, Sid) (Entered: 10/13/2005)

10/21/2005 5 Notice re Stipulation for Parties for Setting the Deadline for Defendants to Respond to the Complaint by CARY QUATTROCHI, BEN BUTLER, 1-800-SKY-RIDE, 1800SKYRIDE.COM, ATLANTA SKYDIVING CENTER, CASC INC., DOES 1-50 (Walsh, Edward) (Entered: 10/21/2005)

11/03/2005 6 ORDER re 5 Notice re Stipulation for Parties for Setting the Deadline for Defendants to Respond to the Complaint. IT IS HEREBY ORDERED granting Defendants until November 14, 2005 in which to answer, move, or otherwise respond to the Complaint. Signed by Judge Mary H Murguia on 11/3/5. (MHM) (Entered: 11/03/2005)

11/14/2005 7 MOTION to Dismiss Case for Lack of Jurisdiction OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE, FOR FAILURE TO STATE A CLAIM by CARY QUATTROCHI, BEN BUTLER. (Warshawsky, Kimberly) (Entered: 11/14/2005)

11/14/2005 8 ANSWER to Complaint by USSO, LLC, Atlanta SC, Inc., and CASC, Inc. by 1-800-SKY-RIDE, 1800SKYRIDE.COM, ATLANTA SKYDIVING CENTER, CASC INC..(Warshawsky, Kimberly) (Entered: 11/14/2005)

11/14/2005 9 MOTION to Dismiss Counts/Claims : Paragraphs 23 and 150 - 228 or, in the Alternative, to Strike Pursuant to Rule 12(f) by 1-800-SKY-RIDE, 1800SKYRIDE.COM, ATLANTA SKYDIVING CENTER, CASC INC.. (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit A)(Warshawsky, Kimberly) (Entered: 11/14/2005)

12/02/2005 10 RESPONSE to Motion re 7 MOTION to Dismiss Case for Lack of Jurisdiction OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE, FOR FAILURE TO STATE A CLAIM Plaintiff Skydive Arizona's Response To Defendants Cary V. Quattrocchi and Benny W. Butler's Motion To Dismiss For Lack of Personal Jurisdiction Or, In The Alternative, For Failure To State a Claim filed by SKYDIVE ARIZONA, INC.. (Leach, Sid) (Entered: 12/02/2005)

12/02/2005 11 OBJECTION re 7 MOTION to Dismiss Case for Lack of Jurisdiction OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE, FOR FAILURE TO STATE A CLAIM, 9 MOTION to Dismiss Counts/Claims : Paragraphs 23 and 150 - 228 or, in the Alternative, to Strike Pursuant to Rule 12(f) /Plaintiff Skydive Arizona's Objections To Unsigned Affidavits of Cary Quattrocchi and Benny W. Butler by Plaintiff SKYDIVE ARIZONA, INC.. (Leach, Sid) (Entered: 12/02/2005)

12/02/2005 12 RESPONSE in Opposition re 9 MOTION to Dismiss Counts/Claims : Paragraphs 23 and 150 - 228 or, in the Alternative, to Strike Pursuant to Rule 12(f) filed by SKYDIVE ARIZONA, INC.. (Leach, Sid) (Entered: 12/02/2005)

12/05/2005 13 AMENDED ANSWER to Plaintiff's 1 Complaint by USSO, Atlanta SC, and CASC, Inc., COUNTERCLAIM against all plaintiffs by 1-800-SKY-RIDE, ATLANTA SKYDIVING CENTER, CASC INC.. (Warshawsky, Kimberly) (Entered: 12/05/2005)

12/16/2005 14 Notice re NOTICE OF FILING ORIGINAL AFFIDAVITS OF CARY V. QUATTROCCHI AND BENNY W. BUTLER by CARY QUATTROCHI, BEN BUTLER, CASC INC., 1-800-SKY-RIDE, 1800SKYRIDE.COM, ATLANTA SKYDIVING CENTER, CASC INC., DOES 1-50 (Warshawsky, Kimberly) (Entered: 12/16/2005)

12/19/2005 15 RESPONSE re 11 Objection, Defendants' Response to Plaintiff Skyride Arizona's Objections to Unsigned Affidavits of Cary Quattrocchi and Benny W. Butler by Defendants CARY QUATTROCHI, BEN BUTLER, 1-800-SKY-RIDE, 1800SKYRIDE.COM, ATLANTA SKYDIVING CENTER, CASC INC.. (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit Declaration of Kimberly A. Warshawsky)(Warshawsky, Kimberly) (Entered: 12/19/2005)

12/22/2005 16 REPLY to Response to Motion re 9 MOTION to Dismiss Counts/Claims : Paragraphs 23 and 150 - 228 or, in the Alternative, to Strike Pursuant to Rule 12(f) filed by CARY QUATTROCHI, BEN BUTLER, 1-800-SKY-RIDE, ATLANTA SKYDIVING CENTER, CASC INC., 1-800-SKY-RIDE, 1800SKYRIDE.COM, ATLANTA SKYDIVING CENTER, CASC INC.. (Warshawsky, Kimberly) (Entered: 12/22/2005)

12/22/2005 17 REPLY to Response to Motion re 7 MOTION to Dismiss Case for Lack of Jurisdiction OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE, FOR FAILURE TO STATE A CLAIM filed by CARY QUATTROCHI, BEN BUTLER. (Warshawsky, Kimberly) (Entered: 12/22/2005)
01/05/2006 18 ANSWER to Counterclaim by SKYDIVE ARIZONA, INC..(Leach, Sid) (Entered: 01/05/2006)

05/08/2006 19 Minute Order: The Court ORDERS setting the Defendants' Motions to Dismiss [docs. 7 and 9] for oral argument on July 17, 2006 at 4:00 p.m. before Judge Mary H Murguia. [This is a TEXT ENTRY ONLY. There is no PDF document associated with this entry.] (KSP) (Entered: 05/08/2006)

07/17/2006 20 MOTION for To File Exhibits Non-Electronically by SKYDIVE ARIZONA, INC.. (Attachments: # 1 Proposed Order)(Leach, Sid) (Entered: 07/17/2006)

07/17/2006 21 Notice re Filing by SKYDIVE ARIZONA, INC. Plaintiff Skydive Arizona's Notice of Filing Declarations and Other Evidence to be Offered at July 17 Hearing on Motions (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit Exhibit C - H)(Leach, Sid) (Entered: 07/17/2006)

07/17/2006 22 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Mary H Murguia. Court Reporter: Merilyn Sanchez. Appearances: Sid Leach for the plaintiff. Kimberly Warshawsky for the defendants. Discussion held regarding Plaintiff's Motion to file exhibits non-electronically. IT IS ORDERED denying Plaintiff's motion to file exhibits non-electronically. Counsel argue their positions to the Court regarding Defendant's motions to dismiss. IT IS FURTHER ORDERED taking these matters under advisement. [This is a TEXT ONLY entry. There is no.pdf document attached.] (KSP) (Entered: 07/18/2006)

07/28/2006 23 NOTICE of Appearance by Joseph Rick Tache on behalf of SKYDIVE ARIZONA, INC. (Tache, Joseph) (Entered: 07/28/2006)

08/18/2006 24 Minute Order: The Court ORDERS setting this matter for Discovery Dispute Hearing on August 22, 2006 at 3:00 p.m. before Judge Mary H Murguia. [This is a TEXT ENTRY ONLY. There is no PDF document associated with this entry.] (KSP) (Entered: 08/18/2006)

08/22/2006 25 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Mary H Murguia. Court Reporter: Merilyn Sanchez. Appearances: Sid Leach and Rich Tache for the plaintiff. Kimberly Warshawsky for the defendants. Discovery Dispute Hearing held. Discussion held regarding defendants' request for a copy of the complaint plaintiff has filed in a NAF proceeding. The Court advises counsel that its order ruling on the pending motions to dismiss will be issued today. IT IS ORDERED directing plaintiff to provide defendants with a copy of the complaints filed by 3:15 p.m. on August 23, 2006. [This is a TEXT ONLY entry. There is no.pdf document attached.](KSP) (Entered: 08/22/2006)

08/24/2006 26 ORDER granting Individual Dfts' 7 Motion to Dismiss Case for Lack of Jurisdiction and Failure to State a Claim upon which relief can be granted; pla's claims against the Individual dfts are dismissed without prejudice; granting in part and denying in part the Corporate dfts' 9 Motion to Dismiss for Failure to State a Claim or in the Alternative, Motio to Strike Allegations of pla's complaint; the corporate dfts' motion is denied to the extent they seek dismissal of any of pla's claims; the corporate dfts' motion is granted to the extent they move to strike paragraphs 23 and 150 through 228 of pla's complaint; FURTHER ORDERED directing the Clerk of Court to strike paragraphs 23 and 150-228 from pla's complaint. Signed by Judge Mary H Murguia on 8/22/2006. (LAD) (Entered: 08/24/2006)

08/30/2006 27 TRANSCRIPT DESIGNATION AND ORDER FORM by CARY QUATTROCHI, BEN BUTLER, 1-800-SKY-RIDE, ATLANTA SKYDIVING CENTER, CASC INC., 1-800-SKY-RIDE, 1800SKYRIDE.COM, ATLANTA SKYDIVING CENTER, CASC INC. for proceedings held on 8/22/2006 before Judge Mary H. Murguia. (Warshawsky, Kimberly) (Entered: 08/30/2006)

08/30/2006 28 TRANSCRIPT of Hearing on Discovery Dispute during Proceedings held on 8/22/06 before Judge Mary H Murguia. Court Reporter: Merilyn A Sanchez. (BAS, ) (Entered: 09/08/2006)

09/08/2006 29 MOTION to Amend/Correct FOR LEAVE TO FILE SECOND AMENDED ANSWER AND COUNTERCLAIM by CARY QUATTROCHI, BEN BUTLER, 1-800-SKY-RIDE, ATLANTA SKYDIVING CENTER, CASC INC., 1-800-SKY-RIDE, 1800SKYRIDE.COM, ATLANTA SKYDIVING CENTER, CASC INC., DOES 1-50. (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit A-1# 2 Exhibit A-2# 3 Exhibit B# 4 Exhibit C-1# 5 Exhibit C-2# 6 Exhibit C-3# 7 Exhibit C-4)(Warshawsky, Kimberly) (Entered: 09/08/2006)

09/08/2006 30 LODGED Proposed re: 29 MOTION to Amend/Correct FOR LEAVE TO FILE SECOND AMENDED ANSWER AND COUNTERCLAIM; SECOND AMENDED ANSWER AND COUNTERCLAIM submitted on 09/08/06. Document to be filed by Clerk if Motion to Leave to File or Amend is granted. filed by CARY QUATTROCHI, BEN BUTLER, 1-800-SKY-RIDE, ATLANTA SKYDIVING CENTER, CASC INC., 1-800-SKY-RIDE, 1800SKYRIDE.COM, ATLANTA SKYDIVING CENTER, CASC INC., DOES 1-50 (Attachments: # 1 Appendix 2nd Amended Answer Part 2)(Warshawsky, Kimberly) (Entered: 09/08/2006)

09/08/2006 31 MOTION for Reconsideration re 26 Order on Motion to Dismiss Case/Lack of Jurisdiction,,,, Order on Motion to Dismiss Counts/Claims,,, and motion for leave to amend complaint by SKYDIVE ARIZONA, INC.. (Attachments: # 1 Affidavit Exhibit A# 2 Exhibit B - marked up version of amended complaint)(Leach, Sid) (Entered: 09/08/2006)

09/08/2006 32 LODGED Proposed re: 31 MOTION for Reconsideration re 26 Order on Motion to Dismiss Case/Lack of Jurisdiction,,,, Order on Motion to Dismiss Counts/Claims,,, and motion for leave to amend complaint; Proposed amended complaint submitted on 9/8/2006. Document to be filed by Clerk if Motion to Leave to File or Amend is granted. filed by SKYDIVE ARIZONA, INC. (Leach, Sid) (Entered: 09/09/2006)

09/11/2006 33 ORDER: Scheduling Conference set for 10/5/2006 at 04:00 PM before Judge Mary H. Murguia. Signed by Judge Mary H. Murguia on 09/08/06. (MHM) (Entered: 09/11/2006)

09/18/2006 34 Minute Order: The Court ORDERS directing Defendants to file a response to the Plaintiff's Motion for Reconsideration within 10 days of today's date. [This is a TEXT ENTRY ONLY. There is no PDF document associated with this entry.] (KSP) (Entered: 09/18/2006)

09/20/2006 35 Minute Order: Due to a conflict on the Court's calendar, the Court ORDERS that the Rule 16 Scheduling Conference currently set on October 5, 2006 be reset to Wednesday, October 25, 2006 at 4:30 p.m. before Judge Mary H Murguia. [This is a TEXT ENTRY ONLY. There is no PDF document associated with this entry.] (KSP) (Entered: 09/20/2006)

09/25/2006 36 RESPONSE in Opposition re 29 MOTION to Amend/Correct FOR LEAVE TO FILE SECOND AMENDED ANSWER AND COUNTERCLAIM opposing adding Counts II, III and IV filed by SKYDIVE ARIZONA, INC., SKYDIVE ARIZONA, INC.. (Leach, Sid) (Entered: 09/25/2006)

Disclaimer: I am not an lawyer and have no clue what I am talking about. I just happen to have a Pacer Account. All Information and documents I am Posting are publicly available to the best of my knowlage. I am just passing along information.

As I am from Belgium and this thread is very long... could some-one please tell me the exact problem with Skyride? I have the impression they are not ethical and take advantage of people? Am I mistaken if I found that people react emotional on them? If not, why is this the case?
Normally I would be in the States right now, but due to personal circumstances I had to postpone it for a year. I will not visit the States just to skydive, but of course I will visit some dropzones to do some jumps. If Skyride is that bad, I don't want to go there... but I need to know why and where their dz's are situated. I hope you guys understand what I am saying. The fact that so many people here at dz. com respond negatively towards them is of course a very good reason to know something is wrong with that organization, but where can I find the info? I am very sorry, but reading over 1000nds of posts... I don't have the time.... I would be glad if somebody could tell me more about as I don't want to end up at their dz's if they really are that bad.

Thank you in advance!
-------------------------------------------------

No dive, like skydive... wanna bet on it?