Gary73

Members
  • Content

    472
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1
  • Feedback

    0%

Gary73 last won the day on May 19 2019

Gary73 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

5 Neutral

Gear

  • Container Other
    Infinity
  • Main Canopy Size
    188
  • Main Canopy Other
    Triathlon 190
  • Reserve Canopy Size
    190
  • Reserve Canopy Other
    Raven 218
  • AAD
    Cypres 2

Jump Profile

  • Home DZ
    Skydive Atlanta, GA
  • License
    D
  • License Number
    21341
  • Licensing Organization
    USPA
  • Number of Jumps
    8600
  • Years in Sport
    45
  • First Choice Discipline
    Formation Skydiving
  • Freefall Photographer
    Yes

Ratings and Rigging

  • Static Line
    Instructor
  • AFF
    Instructor Examiner
  • Tandem
    Instructor
  • USPA Coach
    Yes
  • Pro Rating
    No
  • Wingsuit Instructor
    No
  • Rigging Back
    Master Rigger
  • Rigging Chest
    Master Rigger
  • Rigging Seat
    Master Rigger

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Gary73

    T5 Manual?

    Also, does anyone know whether these containers were used by the Marines in WWII?
  2. Hi, Does anyone have a manual for an Army T5 personnel parachute? Got a replica that I was asked to set up for museum display and I’d like to set it up correctly. Thanks!
  3. Agreed. Also, even if direct-ish human contact accounts for 90% of transmission, we owe it to one another to take reasonable precautions to address the other 10%.
  4. From PIA: https://www.pia.com/wp-content/uploads/PIA-COVID-19-Letter-1.pdf
  5. From Kenneth Gadja at UPT: https://uptvector.com/bulletins-and-newsletters/
  6. Also, the UV-C (as opposed to UV-A and UV-B from normal "black lights") which damages pathogens is also damaging to eyes and skin. "Damaging" as in skin cancer and blindness.
  7. Hi, Does anyone have a Consew 166RB Instruction Manual they can post or e-mail? I have the Parts Catalog, but need to know more about the timing. Thanks!
  8. Yes, current USPA AFF-I/E, and yes, I run those courses by the book. But the subject isn't AFFICCs, it's dropzones that use traditional AFF or something like it.
  9. Yes, and current as both AFF-I and AFF-IE. Sure. Sort of. Like Static-Line, the original 7-level AFF program pre-dates ISP and was used successfully for years before ISP came along. ISP was developed as an overarching program which is meant to cover all types of skydiving basic training. As such, the creators of ISP took the 7-level AFF program and stretched it out to fit into the ISP categories. This variety of harness-hold training is technically called "USPA AFF", but that's too much trouble, so people just called it "AFF", which leads to confusion between the original and ISP versions.
  10. I don't get out that much, but every place I've ever done AFF has always included docking on 4 and 5. They left that out of the earlier AFF-like ISP dives, which I think is a mistake. (Seems like the first docks should be with an AFF-I, not a Coach. Likewise teaching tracking, which is a life-critical skill. But whatever.) Then on 6 and 7 we have them use ground references to keep them from tracking up or down jump run, and yeah, generally stay out of their line of sight.
  11. So here's a question that I've ignored for a while: Why is it that we taught AFF 4 & 5 students to not use us as their heading reference? Part of the dive flow is to dock on the instructor - why would they use anything but the instructor as a heading reference?
  12. 20kN: Yes, I saw it. I'll give you partial credit for deleting your completely inappropriate post, but you might want to take some time to think about why you would make such a post to begin with.
  13. Yes, some dropzones definitely have programs in some areas, but how many have programs that cover all these areas? And how many of them have made those programs available to everyone for free? All this is is an attempt to kind of put it all together in one place to help out at dropzones that don't have such programs.
  14. Yes, the IRM covers how to coach and the SIM covers specific basic skills, but that's as far as it goes. No intermediate or advanced skills. And no flexibility. Also, for a variety of reasons, not all dropzones use ISP. This is just something to build on for those who are interested, provided at no cost and with no obligations. Use it or don't, your choice.