ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

I guess I'm wrong, but it is my understanding that without a waiver an injured jumper can sue the DZ, tandem instructor, gear manufacturer and anyone else directly involved with the jump. Including SkyRide since they selected the DZ and booked and sold the reservation. How is SkyRide exempt without a waiver? They are the ones receiving the money from the tandem student. You can't sign a waiver over the phone or internet.

Hi lady

Sorry to hear about your challenge with the business folks from "Take you for a ride" this time they may have messed with the wrong person.

IMO Contacting USPA will be good for your paper trail and save a lawyer some time but action wise don't expect to much. Just business. You'll be able to tell whats up when they repond to your letter.

The person at "make it happen" IMO could be a valuable resource of information for any civil or criminal action involving "Take you for a ride". aka skyride contact her and see if she's available. IMO any info from her will be solid.

Good luck, have patience, don't give up.

R.I.P.

First of all, I'd just like to say "thank you" again, for all of your good advice. I really do appreciate it.

All noted regarding "makeithappen" and even contacting the FBI. I never thought of that but you know, since mail fraud is a federal offense, I see no reason why they couldn't get involved. In terms of the no-refund policy, I was definitely informed of this AFTER the fact (ie- after my money order was received by Skyride) and since I was informed by Gena that they don't "tape" their customer service calls for quality control (big surprise there, and big MISTAKE on her part for letting me know), they don't have leg to stand on. In no way, shape or form did they advise of their supposed no-refund policy either verbally, in writing, or even via email. The way they conduct business is really a joke. So I am almost 100% sure that the situation can only be viewed in my favor.

Nothing against GA residents but man, some of them are slow as anything. The detective who is looking into the situation for me down there takes like 4 days to return my calls and most of the time I just get his voicemail: "Hey, this is < >. Just leave me a message an' I'll git back wit' you." (mispellings were deliberate. LOL!) I know it's not the nicest thing to say but I have just lost all patience with this entire situation. And that's one thing I cannot do if I want to ultimately achieve the desired results....
Anyway, will continue to check in every so often with updates. I will actually be in France for the next few days so wish me a safe flight!!!!

~Claire

>>Nothing against GA residents but man, some of them are slow as anything. The detective who is looking into the situation for me down there takes like 4 days to return my calls and most of the time I just get his voicemail: "Hey, this is < >. Just leave me a message an' I'll git back wit' you." (mispellings were deliberate. LOL!) I know it's not the nicest thing to say but I have just lost all patience with this entire situation. And that's one thing I cannot do if I want to ultimately achieve the desired results....>>

Patience is what you'll need. The detective in Ga is not slow he's subtle. In a month or two you'll understand he's giving you the "I'll look into it and get back with you". You will grow very old waiting on that guy. He's very busy.

Be persistant and patient, it took how may years to trip up the telemarker? IMO listen to "make it happen".

R.i.P.

Is there a list of dropzones kicking around that accept their certificates??

Why doesn't everyone that is that pissed off about these guys "and it sounds like alot of people" call every dropzone on the list and explain your distaste for Skyrides shady business practices. Then e-mail them. Then fax them. Then send them a letter.

Then do it again next week. Everyone. Apparantly there are alot of you out there.

Maybe, just maybe, one or two of the dropzones will get sick enough of dealing with it, that they would rather stop accepting the certificates than deal with all the harrasment.

Punch them where it hurts... in the moneybags!

Hey you never know what could happen.... but it'd have to be alot of people calling to make it work.

Just a thought.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

skydived19006 posted some interesting input in this thread. B|

I like it! All the DZs that don't like Skyride and want to see them gone are going to have to band together somehow. Get everyone on the same page and do something.

If you're taking Skyride certificates, STOP! I realize that Skyride helps bring more tandem and student business for some DZs, but it is set up in an unfair way and is being controlled by the wrong people in it solely for their own benefit with a "screw everybody else" attitude. Keep accepting the certificates, and you will eventually suffer a year or two later as Skyride opens their own DZ in your area and tries to drive you out of business. Think about it.

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Sorry if this has been discussed - the idea popped into my head after a long absence from the thread.

Has anyone thought of contacting skyride's internet service providers or whoever hosts their websites? I'm sure they would be rather interested to hear how they were hosting copyrighted material that had been stolen from other sites.

There's a long list of websites pulled by their providers for breaching copyright.

If you guys are truely interested in getting rid of Skyride then also remember not to associate with Chuting Star Rigging Loft or Skydivegear.com since they are both closely associated with ASC/SkyRide. Make sure you explain why you are not going to do business with either of them also. [:/]
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

If you guys are truely interested in getting rid of Skyride then also remember not to associate with Chuting Star Rigging Loft or Skydivegear.com since they are both closely associated with ASC/SkyRide. Make sure you explain why you are not going to do business with either of them also. [:/]

Yes, please stop doing business with me. I could use a little vacation from the work since I tend to work 15-hour days, 7 days a week. But please don't explain why you are not doing business with me, I'm really not interested nor do I have time to listen to those type of comments.

But for those who want high-quality rigging work and/or high-quality gear at fair prices or even one heck of an AFF/Tandem Instructor, I'll see you tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day...

Mike
ChutingStar.com

Hi Phree

I'd rather reply to your post than the post from your link.

Interesting link. The gear store have a legal page thats as long as a jump waiver. They also warn anyone that uses their intellectual property, pictures etc with legal action.

The guy's in the loft are very busy jumping their ass off and packing a bunch of rigs. surprised they took the time to respond to your post.

They won't have any problem staying in business just like the telemarketing industry. Magazine prizes and the big $$$$ in Nigeria.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

R.I.P.

Yes, please stop doing business with me. I could use a little vacation from the work since I tend to work 15-hour days, 7 days a week. But please don't explain why you are not doing business with me, I'm really not interested nor do I have time to listen to those type of comments.

But for those who want high-quality rigging work and/or high-quality gear at fair prices or even one heck of an AFF/Tandem Instructor, I'll see you tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day...

Mike

piss off

Attacking someone elses livelyhood is kinda low Phree.....What next? The company that sells ASC their Jet Fuel? The power company?

Bad form.

Go after the company that is vilolating the law. No one else. And do it for what laws their breaking, no other reason, or you're just contributing to the problems of this overly litigious society.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

i disagree. if you know someone is up to no good and you associate with them anyway then that makes you to some degree guilty by association. and i think that applys to some to degree to every skydiver that jumps at that dropzone that knows ASC's connection to SkyRide and knows what SkyRide is all about. may sound a little silly but that's the way I feel.

Ever been the friend of someone who speeds, or had a DUI, or has been to jail?

Why would you want to take food out of someones mouth that is working hard and doing no wrong.

and i think that applys to some to degree to every skydiver that jumps at that dropzone

Where ever you jump, stay there.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.