Thanatos340

USPA - Jan Meyer Impeachment??

In the end, a couple of people may not renew their membership out of protest, a few of those may even send a letter/e-mail to USPA explaining why. But nothing will change and since those people won't be able to skydive anymore, their voice won't be heard at the DZ. It won't be enough members to financially impact USPA, so they don't care and would rather have dissenting voices gone anyway. People want to skydive and since USPA hasn't done anything directly to them, they will send in their annual dues and continue to skydive. Making a post here will also do absolutely nothing. Skydivers simply don't care for the most part enough to vote with what counts, money. Therefore nothing will change.

Derek

Sadly enough.. I agree with you.

The USPA has us and they know it. We really have no choice. If you want to skydive, You MUST be a member. It sucks but it is a sad fact of life.

Maybe one day.. Just maybe.. People might actually get pissed off enough to get involved. But these are skydivers we are talking about. All they really care about is when is the next call and who bought the beer.:S

I don't know how much Jan was involved in pushing the lawsuit forward, but if she was the driving force behind it (Big IF... I don't know), then that could be grounds for impeachment.

No, her comments in a public forum was one of the primary reasons a lawsuit was brought against USPA....

I really wish I could get rid of my membership... I don't want to pay current management a dime.
If I could skydive without one at my home DZ(s) it would be already gone.
And where do I get "NO to Skyride" tshirt?

Buy your membership on Sat. morning and pay by check....jump all weekend......stop payment on the check, Mon. morning. :)
"T'was ever thus."

My Opinion: The reason a lawsuit was brought was that the USPA tried to stand up and do the right thing.

No matter what was posted, said, done or otherwise... Skyride would have filed that suit.

I agree with this comment 100%..........BUT

From strictly a business point of view, (no emotions, no skydiver way of thinking) what was said in a public forum from a member of the USPA BOD's was very damaging. Just my opinion, but you see what the final outcome was.....[:/]

Have you read all the details in the case and counted the number of times specific names were mentioned on both sides?

I would contact your RD and ND to see who brought the motion, it had to be brought by 1 member and seconded by another. Once you find this out you can ask for details on why the motion was brought.

Going off with no information is about the most pointless thing that you can do if you want to do anything about this situation.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I see the BOD scheduled the impeachment BEFORE the general membership meeting where they could get input from the members who elected her. Clearly they do not want the information from the general membership because then they could make an informed decision and it is clear by their actions that they do not want to do that.

I have not read the procedure to see if it can be done yet, but it would be funny if the membership turned right around and elected her again.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

Fact: Impeachment Proceedings for Jan are on the BOD Agenda.

Fact: Jan Meyer has been very outspoken about Skyride and their unethical Business practices.

Fact: At least one member of the Executive committee is a Skyride supporter and affiliate.

Fact: The USPA Executive Committee just settled a lawsuit with Skyride..

Though it seems like we'll never get the full story, it appears that the termination was badly done from a legal standpoint and they settled once realizing it. (the other scenario is that there was collusion)

If the settlement includes playing nice with Skyride, that includes Jan as a member of the ExCom. It might even prevent her from talking about the details if she resigned.

I just saw on the USPA website that the USPA has scheduled impeachment proceedings Jan Meyer at the upcoming Meeting.

Since we (the general membership) elected her, do we have any say in this matter?

How do we as the general membership start Impeachment Proceedings against CORRUPT officials in the Executive Committee?

All she'll have to do is sue them, they'll crumble and let her back in.:D
My photos

My Videos

Lets get the facts straight on the issue, I'm seeing a lot of speculation and not much good info. I know she was an outspoken member of the board, but if she is being impeached for what we are speculating, I would be up for organizing a petition, especially if they are going to pull this stunt before the General Membership meeting.
=========Shaun ==========

Remember that impeachment is the process. It's not a done deal, and this would be a good time to contact your USPA representatives.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Lets get the facts straight on the issue, I'm seeing a lot of speculation and not much good info. I know she was an outspoken member of the board, but if she is being impeached for what we are speculating, I would be up for organizing a petition, especially if they are going to pull this stunt before the General Membership meeting.

I was making a joke. The facts about the lawsuit are out there. I guess you werent replying to me, though.
My photos

My Videos

I don't know any details, but it seems no one else does either. I think there is waaay to much jumping the gun here. Just because it is on the agenda, doesn't mean it has a chance.

Also, I want to say again that if you don't like your elected official, vote them out. Heck, impeach them if you want to. As for me, I know that I can contact my regional director and get some real information, rather than rumor mongering.

I'd rather be jumping the gun and have people start asking questions and get answers to the question then just wait the 22 days till the BOD meeting and be spoon feed what they want to tell you. It may not have much of a chance but they are still accountable to the membersip in explaining their actions.

Fact: 22 day till the meeting
Fact: It is listed on the agenda
Fact: the agenda was produced only 2 days ago
Fact: there are answers to be asked and answered

It may be jumping the gun and people may make assumptions but of those I hope questions and relative answers are given.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

Just a general question to everybody.
1. How many of you have ever been to any BOD, S&TA, Gen Membership, DZO, or group membership meeting held by the USPA?
2. Have you read the lawsuit that was brought against the USPA by Skyride?
3. Have you ever contacted your RD for any reason?
4. Do you even vote in the USPA elections?

I have been to a couple meetings where the only people that were there were the BOD, whoever was looking for a waiver to something in the SIMS, and Jm/I's who were facing disciplinary actions for violating the rules of the USPA. It is sad how many people will sit here and judge what happens at the USPA meetings but don't bother attending or doing anything about it.

I think Skyride started with a brilliant idea that got out of hand by greed. Trust me, I think they are blood sucking leeches nor do I agree with everything that the USPA is doing. I applaud those who are going to Orlando, but have no respect for those who talk on these forums and don't do anything to change it. If you don't bother to educate yourself on the facts, vote/ speak to your RD about your opinion, or do ANYTHING to change it..than you are just wasting posts here.

Skydivers simply don't care

I do. How bout we start another "USPA?" Maybe, USSA...(U.S. Skydivers Association). There have been different scuba associations. We just have to from a non profit org, write up some bylaws, and screen board members for skyride connections. Oh, and fill the cooler with beer. You know, I am just about half serious on this...out with the old, in with the new!

1. How many of you have ever been to any BOD, S&TA, Gen Membership, DZO, or group membership meeting held by the USPA?

This February will be my first one but I am Going along with several others from the Atlanta area.

2. Have you read the lawsuit that was brought against the USPA by Skyride?

I am the one that posted the Complaint to the Skyride Thread. Yes I have read it. I have read every publicly available document associated with that case. I used my own personal Pacer account to acquire those documents.

3. Have you ever contacted your RD for any reason?

Talk to him most weekends to atleast say hello.

4. Do you even vote in the USPA elections?
Yep.

These things need to be discussed by the General Membership. The general membership has a right to know what their organization is doing. Posting this information and making the general membership aware of what is happening at the USPA is critical if anything is ever going to change.

Depending on the USPA and USPA Officials to tell us what they want us to hear is not the answer.

do. How bout we start another "USPA?" Maybe, USSA...(U.S. Skydivers Association). There have been different scuba associations. We just have to from a non profit org, write up some bylaws, and screen board members for skyride connections. Oh, and fill the cooler with beer. You know, I am just about half serious on this...out with the old, in with the new!

Funny thing is that Skyride already did that.:S They called it the National Skydiving association.

The insurance is the key. That is why we are currently locked into the USPA. Without that insurance, You can forget about Jumping at the vast majority of Dropzones in the US. Joining the USPA is the only way to get that insurance.

Thanks J.....I know you, and you know me. Like I said I applaud everybody who is doing something, not just talking/ bitching about it. Thank you for taking an active stance on this. Unfortunately, I don't plan on seeing more than 10-15 people who post/ bitch on DZ.com there...

do. How bout we start another "USPA?" Maybe, USSA...(U.S. Skydivers Association). There have been different scuba associations. We just have to from a non profit org, write up some bylaws, and screen board members for skyride connections. Oh, and fill the cooler with beer. You know, I am just about half serious on this...out with the old, in with the new!

Funny thing is that Skyride already did that.:S They called it the National Skydiving association.

The insurance is the key. That is why we are currently locked into the USPA. Without that insurance, You can forget about Jumping at the vast majority of Dropzones in the US. Joining the USPA is the only way to get that insurance.

i did not know that. but, that makes sense. it always seems to come down to insurance in so many cases of starting a new business, organization, or group. i know this first hand, being self employed and insured. :|

Maybe Jan will post here as to what is going on. That would set the record straight, and stop speculation.

Well, Rich, I learned of this the same way everyone else did - I read it in the the agenda.

I really do not know anything more than anyone else, except that it IS related to the SkyRide issue, as related to me by my RD. That part I definitely know is true.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

This February will be my first one but I am Going along with several others from the Atlanta area.

This may be a silly question, but have any of you called Glen B. and asked why the impeachment is on the agenda?

- David
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)