Tuna-Salad

When is the most dangerous time in a jumpship?

>When the cut is made. (flying slow with shifting weight)

When bad things happen and the pilot doesn't screw up (example: pull out too hard and rip the wings off, fail to recover from a flat spin) too badly it's not a real issue.

I've been upside down in a King-Air. Apart from the people I was going to jump with getting scared and bailing out after the plane was back right side up it wasn't a big deal. Sure climbed quickly going back up to 12,500 feet AGL.

Sunday morning after a Saturday evening chili cookoff

There's a good answer.

Sometimes I wonder what the hell some people eat that makes their farts so incredibly horrid. I'd swear whatever they ate must have been rotten and decomposing before they even ate it. They must be feasting on week old road kill to smell that bad. If something that smelly came out of me I'd go see a doctor. Their large intestine must have the chemistry of a septic tank.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I voted for take off. I am hoping one day to get back into skydiving hard core like I used to. I was visiting Perris yesterday to see some friends and stop by to check out the 100 way camp. The energy there was so awesome and contagious. I miss that.

After our N203E crash though, getting on a jump plane is harder than it has ever been. For me it is almost like holding a cat over a bathtub full of water. I hope that will go away sometime in the future... The NTSB findings of our own jump ship, how it was used and maintained has scared the shit out of me so now I question more than ever how jump planes are maintained, flewn and the dangers each possess.

Too much scary action for me in the past 2-3 years with airplanes and pilots. I am hoping the FAA makes DZOs change their ways to make our jump ships safer for us to jump out of. Until I see those things happening and becoming mainstream, I don't know how many more jump ships I will be boarding or exiting. :o:(

Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Hi bill,
Funny about chili!! From the bad old daze at old Elsinore (late 60's) all the bars around the Lake had jugs of pickled eggs and pickled pigs feet to eat along with drinking beer. Add this to doing a "Round Robin" start at one bar drink a beer go to the next , drink a beer there and keep going till you make it back to the bar you started at. Top off the night with a steak and eggs breakfast at the "Club Cafe" an all night truck stop up where the free way is now. Dirty Ed and Kevin Donneley would top all that off with a "Bowl of Chili and a rootbeer float!!" That would stew in them and guess what hapened at altitude on the "early bird" Beech 18 load!!!!!!!!!
PS Dicky and Marilyn Webb's "Rumbleseat Tavern" was the Skydivers hangout.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Sunday morning after a Saturday evening chili cookoff

There's a good answer.

Sometimes I wonder what the hell some people eat that makes their farts so incredibly horrid. I'd swear whatever they ate must have been rotten and decomposing before they even ate it. They must be feasting on week old road kill to smell that bad. If something that smelly came out of me I'd go see a doctor. Their large intestine must have the chemistry of a septic tank.

Amen...on my B jump one of the JMs let one out right after takeoff and the smell wasn't gone before we got to altitude. Then today, on my C2, the JM let one out too, and it snuck up on me. I almost passed out and it wasn't out of fear of skydiving either! :P