sub1427

Jumping in random places from freinds aircraft???

You learn fast Grasshopper

Yeah, I have a very funny, old school prankster Dad. We used to fly in his Ercoupe and drop flour bags in the parking lot of where he used to work. They never hit the police cars but it was funny as shit when they would hit the roof of the police department and the guys would get on their police radios (my Dad had his with him for this reason) and laugh about all of the fuckery going on... Ah, the good 'ol days when you could screw around like that and not go to jail! :D

But, alas, this is just a fun fantasy that'll never happen. :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

Get yourself a couple hundred jumps and bandit jump it.

One of my friends did a high hop and pop in Dublin a few years ago and then flew to his house and landed in front of his house. His neighborhood would at any other time have no traffic. He ended up landing between a couple of cars.

I asked why was I given permission from the tower and approach if what I was doing was a violation.

The saving grace, I found out months later, were comments from the controllers and the tower personnel that I had done everything correctly.

And that Pat had NOT jumped over the stadium he was almost a mile away because of the very strong winds.

I'm not surprised by your experience. My biggest beef would be that the GADO office approved it, therefore what is the beef? FSDO/GADO and Air Traffic are two different branches of the FAA, and rarely communicate. I've seen instances where the Controllers are being praised while the pilots are being violated. I am surprised they even cared that the controllers cleared the jump. They don't hold us controllers in very high regard. Those feelings are mutual.

As for the long spot, why, every demo's exit and opening point are always over an open, unpopulated area, right?;)

And if you are determined to doing something really, really stupid tell the inspectors you were so drunk you can't remember the N-number on the plane and the pilot's name and face are a blur.

And if you're lucky. you won't go to jail for contempt of court until the judge decides you've either told the truth or suffered enough.[:/]
Owned by Remi #?

You don't need to remove the door on a Cessna to get out - I've jumped a 182 with door still intact and they open pretty easily at low speeds. Just watch the handle!!! :S:S:S

:D:D
It wouldn't be a real Bandit Jump if you took the door off, eh?

Speed isn't low enough unless the stall horn is blasting.
:o
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You don't need to remove the door on a Cessna to get out - I've jumped a 182 with door still intact and they open pretty easily at low speeds. Just watch the handle!!! :S:S:S

:D:D
It wouldn't be a real Bandit Jump if you took the door off, eh?

Speed isn't low enough unless the stall horn is blasting.
:o

:D

I have made a few from C172,S , C182,S ,with the co-pilot seat still in. Just kneel on the floor push the door open a little ,push your left foot on the strut step facing the tail.. That will hold most of the door load Push yourself out more and dive down and back.
If you want to do a two-way out of a Mooney thats a little trickier. dont let your fingers go into the assist handle outside while waiting for the second guy to get out. There were cases of fingers being left in the handle of U-206.s by kneeling spotters on accuracy jumps.This was back in Shot and1/2 days luckily P.C.,s were reliable.
As far as bandit jumps go. How does the money compare with your rig and money involved in training. The pilot has more just to get into his own plane and all his training. His insurance would be revoked for sure{No Fly}. The FAA wants their part suspended or revoked license{No Fly}. Even if it was just a rental word travels fast {No Fly}. Fines and prison time wortth it to him. Are you willing to take it in the butt for every time he got it dressed in orange.
By the way have fun and remember"Its not what you do its what you get caught doing"

By the way have fun and remember"Its not what you do its what you get caught doing"

When my brothers and I were teenagers, when we were leaving the house to go out with friends, my Dad and step-mom would say, "If you can't be good, be careful!" . I'm 40 years old now and I still throw that line out.... :D

Random jumps are much fun. I used to live next to a small airfield (not a dropzone) and would get occasional jumps when friends would fly by and visit, but had to share with my wife. Got one jump from a friends steerman.

And a slightly different note, the little Lady and I used to have an anniversary party with jumping in the preferred way to arrive. One year we had at least a couple of otter loads show…

I used to live next to a small airfield (not a dropzone)

I made my first 2 jumps there :)

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)