FourSideDean

If you have $1500 what would skydiving stuff would put it towards?

I'm gonna sell my motorcycle and I should get at least $1500 for it. I plan to put that money towards some new gear for myself.

I have just over 100 jumps and have my own gear.
My current gear -
- Javelin container (DOM '93) resized and custom fitted for me by a master rigger.
- Sabre 150 (just downsized from 170) and loving it.
- Brand New Custom Jumpsuit from Go Crazy!
- I have a Protech style helmet.
- Protrack
- Alti-2 analog wrist altimiter

I really don't need anything at this point to enjoy skydiving. To continue I just need jump tickets...
BUT everything I have is used (except the jump suite) is used and something new and shiny would be cool...

At my jump numbers camera may not be a smart thing to do. I always hear that 200 jumps would be the recommended time to get into it but I am pretty confident in flying safe...
I wouldn't mind getting a helmet that looks better than the pro-tech style and can continue to be a camera helmet when I am ready to add on the camera.

I have tamed the openings of my Sabre pretty good and enjoy flying it. I don't know if I have reached that size that I would want to settle on since I just downsized. But a new, or newer non-sabre 1, would be nice...

My container fits the best it can. Its kind of old but has been custom fitted to me. A new Infinity with articulated harness and floating laterals would be a much more comfortable set up...

I really don't need to buy anything so maybe I should just put it towards jump tickets...

I don't know what to do...

What to you think?

Jump tickets and tunnel if you want to maximum progress.

Or a flight trip to an event such as canopy course, to a boogie appropriate for your level, a big way camp (Though you need 250 jumps for Perris P3, to do your first 50-way with the provisional invite to do the 100-way subsequent weekend)

I'd highly suggest some freefall computer, such as audible and/or hybrid Altitrack (digital with an analog face, screen on bottom), so you can be more lazy logging exit altitude, deployment altitude, and freefall length as that is automatically saved by the freefall computer for you. If you don't want to become dependent on audibles, set it below your pull altitude, so it simply becomes an emergency alarm for you instead. You'll need an audible as a backup more badly when you're jumping helmet camera, and you're sitflying videoing a formation that's becoming a little late at breakoff and you don't see the big ball of Earth coming up below... (Late videographer pulls have happened)

If I had $1500 to get rid of and didn't have a big issue with the sabre openings, I would find the best deal on a sky venture tunnel and spend as much time as I could in it, with a coach.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

An Aerodyne Pilot main (sized appropiatly of course), but since I own one I'm kind of biased. I did have a Sabre2 for quite some time, but enjoy the Pilot much more........ but I digest.

Or a Spectre ... I enjoyed flying the spectre just as much as the pilot. I ended up with a pilot, but only because I bought a rig that came with it. Nonetheless, the pilot is a great canopy. I would take it or the spectre over the monarch that I made a half dozen jumps on.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

If you aad only has a couple years left on it, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a new one, you save money in the long run (check out vigils as well). Maybe get some nice fitting and durable goggles, light and medium warmth gloves, better shoes, etc. Lots of little things that help out more than you think

Don't blow all $1500 on the tunnel. Don't forget to find a good canopy coach and get some good coaching. The tunnel will help make you look good, canopy coaching might save your life.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

i'd get two audibles, a protrack that has an internal log, and maybe an optima, i like the canopy alarms on that thing..

the rest, i'd go with a canopy course and jumptickets!

i own a sabre too, and i really like it! almost has a thousand jumps on it, but still flies great, nice, docile canopy on which you can learn a shitload! :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Another vote for jump tickets or AAD. All my gear is used, too. It does exactly what I want it to do.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Assuming you already have an AAD (since your profile says you have one), I'd say set it aside for when you have the experience to start jumping camera. Spend the time in between now and then researching what you want and learning why you should wait (there's a great FAQ in the Photography & Video forum).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

A new wingsuit ($1400), 3 jumps and a case of beer ($100)...
Damn Im broke again! B|

At his jump numbers this advice is irresponsible.

If you already have an AAD, use it to jump, jump, jump, and jump some more. A camera is nice to have eventually, tunnel time is not skydiving (I know I'll get ripped apart for that but I have my opinions about tunnels....sorry), a new canopy is pretty, but jumping as much as possible is the only way to improve your skills.
Well behaved women don't often make history.

A new wingsuit ($1400), 3 jumps and a case of beer ($100)...
Damn Im broke again! B|

At his jump numbers this advice is irresponsible.

First, Im not giving any advice. Read the thread title again, Im answering the question of what I would buy.
Second, if the OP takes it as an advice and follows it, he would be the irresponsible for doing what a stranger (me) says on a forum and for not doing his homework and not following the recommendations for wingsuiting.
Third, yeah
HISPA #93
DS #419.5