BillyVance

Drop Zones who accept Skyride Gift Certificates II

Time for another update.

Take a look through this list and make sure it's correct. If you find your DZ on there and it takes Skyride certificates, then by all means try and convince your DZO to quit the program. :)
http://www.1800skyrideripoff.com/dzs/

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

if every dz accepts skyride doesn't this problem go away????

Only a sLyride supporter would say such a thing!

Not necessarily, I've been saying that for years. It's the dumb fuck DZOs who trade with SR who are the enablers. How damn hard should it be for the DZOs in any given region to get to gather and simply set a date to quit SR? It'll never happen though. I can't get over the irony of people who are otherwise extremely honest, and upstanding trading with SR. These people would never employ the lying, dishonesty, and downright steeling that SR does. Yet, they have no issue with lying, and steeling from their customers through segregate. The SR DZOs are fucking the customers, but using the collective SR dick to do it.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Aerohio does not accept Skyride. However, I noticed that Start Skydiving, also in Ohio, does accept Skyride.

I went on to look at the Racing page of that website, and the news story about Thrill Planet was running, and they did mention that skydiving was another industry where these 'gift certificates' were also a problem. They went so far as to travel to their local DZ looking for a comment, which was no other than Start Skydiving. They interviewed DZO John Hart on camera, and he stated that they were not affiliated with Thrill Planet, and they don't accept their certificates.

Well, which one is it? Is the list correct, and they don't accept them, or did their DZO lie to the news camera?

if every dz accepts skyride doesn't this problem go away????

What problem? The problem of trying to figure out which DZ accept Skyride, and which don't? Yep, that problem would vanish.

The bigger problem, which is some dumb fuck trying to weasel their way into the relationship between a DZ and their local customers, that problem would get much, much worse.

I see some of the biggest "leader" DZs are still taking them.
Not exactly leading by example, is it?

The biggest DZ in the world, Skydive Arizona, does not take them.
That is leading by example.
And, just a reminder, Wednesday is the next court date for the SDA v. SR lawsuit.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Aerohio does not accept Skyride. However, I noticed that Start Skydiving, also in Ohio, does accept Skyride.

I went on to look at the Racing page of that website, and the news story about Thrill Planet was running, and they did mention that skydiving was another industry where these 'gift certificates' were also a problem. They went so far as to travel to their local DZ looking for a comment, which was no other than Start Skydiving. They interviewed DZO John Hart on camera, and he stated that they were not affiliated with Thrill Planet, and they don't accept their certificates.

Well, which one is it? Is the list correct, and they don't accept them, or did their DZO lie to the news camera?

It's part of the shell game. They didn't ask him if he did business with Skyride.

The website says "unconfirmed."

I thought we had gotten you on there previously, but I will take care of it a bit later this afternoon when I get home.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Skydive Dallas is also listed as unconfirmed, but they do NOT take Skyride certificates, and haven't since the very positive management change some time ago...

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Skydive Dallas is also listed as unconfirmed, but they do NOT take Skyride certificates, and haven't since the very positive management change some time ago...

Awesome. Would love to see that big pocket of SR GC takers in Texas shrink to nothing. Ditto for California.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The SR DZOs are fucking the customers, but using the collective SR dick to do it.

Probably the most succint and apt descriptor of the SR business model.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73