BillyVance

Drop Zones who accept Skyride Gift Certificates II

...and for the record I wasn't diverting sh*t, I was being a dick. You took the thread off topic you, you... you diverter!!!

Clearly you missed the bulk of my post referring to billyv's which appeared to spawn some decent contributing info. I certainly learned some stuff. Just my opinion, but whatever. you can go ahead and continue to enjoy discussing/executing your currency jumps into filled stadiums for all I care.
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

These dzos are business owners. You are asking them to turn away revenue. How many dz's nowadays are struggling? dzos rely on every single penny they can get their fingers on. To you it is a sport, to them it is a sport, a business, and most likely their livelihood. You are asking them to turn away potential revenue by asking them to not accept the certificates. think about it.

btw - not a skyride supporter one way or the other, just pointing out a fact people commonly overlook.

No matter what the moral/ethical/legal implications or consequences, take them at all cost? THAT'S where the problem is!
None of us are saying not to deal with a middle man, just not one that has been proven to be a scam, admitted to being a scam, and absolutely does not care if the customer gets the services he/she paid for.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

And if everyone would have quit taking the certificates 2 yrs ago they would be out of business by now.

The ONLY right answer is to not do business with them.

Agree 100%. Those taking the certificates are helping to perpetuate the problem. (Unfortunately, some of them maybe don't see it as a problem).

If no DZ accepted the certificates, they would pretty much be shut down overnight.

These dzos are business owners. You are asking them to turn away revenue. How many dz's nowadays are struggling? dzos rely on every single penny they can get their fingers on. To you it is a sport, to them it is a sport, a business, and most likely their livelihood. You are asking them to turn away potential revenue by asking them to not accept the certificates. think about it.

btw - not a skyride supporter one way or the other, just pointing out a fact people commonly overlook.

Skyride does not make new business. They divert customers that would find the DZs on their own if they didn't find Skyride first. Quit taking the certificate, problem solved.

Billy didn't compile the list. Many people contributed to that.

Exactly. Thanatos340 compiled the original list with everyone pitching in. It's been 2 years so it needs to be updated.

A webpage has been set up to show a list of DZs and their status on this so that we don't have to continually post updated lists in this thread, just the link to that page. There will be links on that page where people can send an email to the host to update info on their DZ. More info to follow when I have had a chance to delve into this.

I've got a busy life, taking care of two girls and re-grading the yard with a front end loader so any work I do is usually after the family is asleep for the night, so bear with me.

Then please post the link.

Don't Pull Low... Unless You ARE!!!
The pessimist says, "It can't get any worse than this." The optimist says, "Sure, it can."
Be fun, have safe.

Information posted and PMed are still being gathered and prepared for updating the list, but it is online now: http://1800skyrideripoff.com/dzs/

After all the internet traffic dies down, I'll try and post a monthly reminder for any changes needed.

Edited to add: links to home pages of DZs on the list that do not accept skyride will be added on the site as they come in, so post or pm your DZ's link.

Thanks
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

IMHO we all should do our best to make Skyride go away.

The only way to make that happen is to not accept the certificates, not work at those DZs and not patronize those DZs.

Do you think that concerts and sporting events should just accept counterfiet tickets because it might make them look bad if they turn away the person who got suckered into buying those fake tickets?

After all, those people paid good money for those bad tickets right????
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

It occurs to me that Skyride sites usually have an 800 number to call. It further occurs to me that 800 numbers are toll-free, but the other side has to pay for them -- plus, there are only a limited number of lines to take those calls.

I wonder what would happen if hundreds of skydivers with landlines suddenly started auto-dialing those 800 numbers multiple times per day, maybe concentrating on one metropolitan area at a time.

It occurs to me that Skyride sites usually have an 800 number to call. It further occurs to me that 800 numbers are toll-free, but the other side has to pay for them -- plus, there are only a limited number of lines to take those calls.

I wonder what would happen if hundreds of skydivers with landlines suddenly started auto-dialing those 800 numbers multiple times per day, maybe concentrating on one metropolitan area at a time.

Count me in!!!
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I have and here's what I came up with for starters:

-Dealing with dishonest people = bad
-Making money using dishonest tactics = bad
-Using a middle-man to do the dirty work so I can claim clean hands = bad
-Aiding and abetting a dishonest business venture = bad

Your "facts" are not and never have been overlooked. It's just that some people can look through the smoke and see the reality.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

KC has a local number now and a list of services that no DZ here ever offers to my knowledge.... As for DZO's loosing business give me a break... I'm a very small DZ and I bought into this bogus crap several years ago just like many have.. Trust me it has not affected my business 1% by not participaitng. My business has sustained season after seasonal growth and I get all of the money... The ones that are not getting the point are the ones still chasing zero..... Why would any business owner work for less to give the middle man anything?? Its not like we have a DZ on every street corner of every city. This service is a bogus scam... I'm on board with any lawsuit that brings these people down... The DA needs to hear from us all and then perhaps this will happen.. Im convinced our industry leaders are more worried about the dollar than the right thing after all you are the one's feeding this cancer.......

Chris Hall SDKC

Trying to make Missouri "Skyride Free" as well!!!!

Just a note to ALL DZO's and/or DZM's, the page we are building is fully equipped with Hyperlinks to your DZ's websites, the distance from the Major Cities, your airport and your DZ phone number (or preferred phone number)
It's basically the same list as posted here in the thread, but it will be a lot more comprehensive.

The benefit to having a link on this page is that it will be an additional incoming link to your sites and will help you with your SEO. Another benefit is that the customer will have another resource to find your DZ and have a more educated decision on where they prefer to jump.

Just PM Billy or I with your DZ's info and don't forget whether or not you accept sLyride. They all can be on the page, and they WILL all have the sLyride or non sLyride status posted with the DZ info.

Here's the page again, The DZ's with the Green Title in Bold are the DZ's who already have their links in place.
www.1800skyrideripoff.com/dzs
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Oh look at you now, squirm away! The great savior of skydiving has gotten caught breaking the rules. But will USPA do any thing?

Judging by the list and additional postings the majority of the country accepts (and thus supports) Skyride. When are you going to change your mind and just shut up and jump?

I think if someone took the time to map this out after the list is brought up to date, aside from Ca,Tx and Fla, you will see huge gaps in the coverage area. Not to mention whole states where no one takes the damn things but they continue to sell them. If you see nothing wrong with that you have a serious problem.

Judging by the list and additional postings the majority of the country accepts (and thus supports) Skyride.

Not so. The list is obviously incomplete, but as it stands, 69 DZs do not accept sLyride GCs, 40 do, and 3 are unknown.

That indicates a significant majority of DZs (read, skydivers) do not accept sLyride.

The opinions expressed herewithin this and other threads lead one to believe that sLyride (B&C, et al) are not supported by the skydiving community. To the contrary, they appear to be disliked, distrusted and viewed as villains and crooks.

FWIW.

Nova
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

Judging by the list and additional postings the majority of the country accepts (and thus supports) Skyride.

40 that are on the list so far and most of those are NOT confirmed either way and
69 that don't and 3 unknowns, and there about a dozen or so emails from DZO's that we have not updated yet, and there is two that I know of that are animately requesting to have their "yes" changed to "no" because they no longer want to be involved in the sLyride scam! well,,,,

It seems that you can't count!

I'm off here now so that I can "Squirm" on to this plane that I am manifested for. (I hate trying to post in the forums from my blackberry anyway.)
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Oh look at you now, squirm away! The great savior of skydiving has gotten caught breaking the rules. But will USPA do any thing?

So what! obviously nobody got hurt or killed so why do you guys keep trying to slam someone for petty assed shit like that? And why do you keep trying to bring people's currency in to an unrelated thread when it is obvious that you are loosing! Do you think that will somehow change someone's mind about you or like the person you are slamming less? The answer to that is a big fat NO! Or are you trying to do what they say you are doing, Diverting the conversation? YES!

Judging by the list and additional postings the majority of the country accepts (and thus supports) Skyride. When are you going to change your mind and just shut up and jump?

Go back to first grade and learn how to fucking count! As for whether or not someone jumps is totally irrelevant in this or the other 1 800 Skyride threads, it don't matter if someone in here is a complete Wuffo! This thread is not about someone's credentials as a Skydiver, it is about a criminal enterprise that could potentially be shut down by the government for being the scam that it's owner has admitted to being and refuses to change!

Jumpdude You are not off the hook either! You do get slammed a lot here, you do take it pretty good, but you do get on my nerves as well sometimes, but the points you make, even though some of the shit you throw in gets you slammed, your points are generally spot on. Try taming down the shit you add like mentioning that you did a demo somewhere, just say that you jumped on what ever day or even better, leave that out. When you said the word "demo", you left yourself wide open for what you got. THAT's that shit that gets you killed here. State fact only and leave the rest of the BS out and they can't slam you like that!
I'm on your's, Billy's, Chris's and everyone else's side, but shit like that does not help your team at all!

Think about what you are saying and you'll find that they can't slam you like that!

Just my 2 cents worth.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

As for a "Black List", well, I won't patronize a DZ who accepts sLyride and I know for a fact there are other jumpers who feel the same way.

Good luck jumping in NorCal then.

Easy solution, don't live there. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban