Calvin19

Really unimpressed with arrogant twatmuppets.

I jumped a Velocity 110 the other day, it was the canopy on a borrowed rig. I followed all the rules, everything went well. I do not swoop, and did not on this jump. (I have about 150 jumps on a stilletto 120, vengance 107, and countless flights on smaller speed gliders, all those landing on SMALL lz rough terrain at high altitude on foot )

After landing I asked a group of more experienced swoopers if there is anything special I should do packing a velocity. (as I wanted to give it back to owner packed, of course)

a very experienced swooper answered me "how many jumps do you have?",
"500 or so" I replied, even though I have more than that, just rounded down. (including BASE jumps >1100)

"I am not going to help you, I do not think you have the experience to be jumping that advanced of a parachute" was all I got.

He was not rude, very honest, but that is irrelevant. I weigh 150pounds WITH a rig on, and if you include ground launches I probably have just as many small cross braced canopy landings than he does. I feel completely comfortable jumping something that small. in all reality it felt less twitchy and far more forgiving than other stuff I have flown.

I just wanted to know how to pack it.

A very nice jumper walked up and told me I did nothing special packing that canopy, and not to worry about the one who answered.

Just annoying because I feel this happens a lot, and the main reason I got out of skydiving regularly. Got a rig again, and want to start being at the DZ more than once a month, but this, again, makes me rethink it.

Since, as you say, he was not rude, why are you all in a huff? You didn't provide the whole story to him, and then get mad when he is clearly trying to look out for your safety. I don't get it.

My advice is to cowboy up.

- Dan G

and you got over 2000 posts on dorkzone and dont know better than to double-post?

i'm not going to help you. i do not think you have the experience to ask such a question on dorkzone.

:P

edited to add: ups, it was moved, but a fun post anyway.. :D

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I dont even tell anyone how many jumps I have skydiving at the dropzone, always shrug my shoulders and pull a number out my arse

A.) I dont log and lost count B.) Everything is always numbers numbers numbers and it drives me crazy. Magically when you hit "X" amount of skydives you can do "Y" safely :S.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

> "how many jumps do you have?", "500 or so" I replied, even though I have more than that . . .

OK, so you weren't completely honest with him.

>"I am not going to help you, I do not think you have the experience to be
>jumping that advanced of a parachute" was all I got.

>He was not rude, very honest . . .

So he was not rude, was very honest (and apparently gave you his best advice based on your dishonest representation of your jump numbers) - and you think he's an arrogant twatmuppet?

>and the main reason I got out of skydiving regularly.

If that sort of thing bothers you, that's probably a good call on your part.

> "how many jumps do you have?", "500 or so" I replied, even though I have more than that . . .

OK, so you weren't completely honest with him.

>"I am not going to help you, I do not think you have the experience to be
>jumping that advanced of a parachute" was all I got.

>He was not rude, very honest . . .

So he was not rude, was very honest (and apparently gave you his best advice based on your dishonest representation of your jump numbers) - and you think he's an arrogant twatmuppet?

>and the main reason I got out of skydiving regularly.

If that sort of thing bothers you, that's probably a good call on your part.

I'll just say what everyone is thinking Billvon. You're such a twatmuppet.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

If you have a problem with arrogent assholes, you came to the wrong place.

yeah, I figured that out after I posted this, started as a rant, will end as my getting flamed. whatever. also, was bored writing my thesis so more proof that boredom is dangerous.

-SPACE-

There really isn't a lot of flaming going on here... That's funny, twatmuppet. :D

Seriously, you should have let the guy know you have a bunch of GL experience, the result may have been different, or maybe not. But coming here to complain about arrogant twatmuppets is like going to an AA meeting and saying how much you hate drunks.

Plus, we're all better than you anyway :D (just joking of course!)

Since, as you say, he was not rude, why are you all in a huff? You didn't provide the whole story to him, and then get mad when he is clearly trying to look out for your safety. I don't get it.

I was told by several other jumpers in the area that heard the conversation "not to worry about it" because the guy can be a skygod deuchebag. I had just, never came across such an obvious example.

He was not "rude", sure, I said and meant it. It was just misplaced "advice".
I kinda want to meet the guy, formally I mean. I was told he is #4,5? in the world swooping. I would like to fly with him someday. and feel bad I did not confront him at the time. I was just taken aback by, well, arrogant ignorance.

-SPACE-

I was just taken aback by, well, arrogant ignorance.

If he's really a world ranked swooper, then he may be arrogant, but it's hard to argue that he is ignorant. Maybe he's just sick of ignorant twatmuppets (great word, BTW) trying to fly canopies that they aren't ready for, and coming to him for validation.

People are always asking me for advice on achieving supermodel good looks, and frankly, I'm sick of ugly people trying to be way hotter than they are.

- Dan G

Look at it from his point of view. If someone when you your GL spot that you didn't know and asked "Can you help me hook up this 9m Bullet what would your reaction be if you asked his experience and the reply was "I've been parasailing a few times and I've got a few hours in an airplane"?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I was told by several other jumpers in the area that heard the conversation "not to worry about it" because the guy can be a skygod deuchebag. I had just, never came across such an obvious example.

He was not "rude", sure, I said and meant it. It was just misplaced "advice".
I kinda want to meet the guy, formally I mean. I was told he is #4,5? in the world swooping. I would like to fly with him someday. and feel bad I did not confront him at the time. I was just taken aback by, well, arrogant ignorance.

best way to handle an arrogant twatmuppet when he asks you how many jumps you have is to tell him you don't know because you quit logging years ago. then he has no muppet on which to hang his twat.

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

I was just taken aback by, well, arrogant ignorance.

If he's really a world ranked swooper, then he may be arrogant, but it's hard to argue that he is ignorant. Maybe he's just sick of ignorant twatmuppets (great word, BTW) trying to fly canopies that they aren't ready for, and coming to him for validation.

People are always asking me for advice on achieving supermodel good looks, and frankly, I'm sick of ugly people trying to be way hotter than they are.

:D:D:D
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

What's the difference between a sky rig and a base rig?

A: A skyrig comes with an asshole under it and with a base rig its just an option.

(Ok Copland more than 10 skydivers will read this so where's my money!?)

Seriously though shit like what you went through drives me crazy. Jump numbers are ONLY there to give someone a very generally idea of where someone is coming from. BASE is a great example of this. Some have started out base jumping with no prior skydiving experience and are still great jumpers today. On the flip side I have also seen skydivers with thousands of skydives slam into trees at BD and also end up on the BFL from screwing up their first jumps.

In my opinion, jump number recomendations are pretty much only there to encourage people to WAIT and see just how much they don't know. It shouldn't be a rule like some people make it out to be and your experience is a great example. I would bet there were VERY few if any skydivers at the DZ that day that had a better understanding of flight than you do, yet you get talked down to.

Skydiving has evolved so much that we have essentially almost eliminated Darwinism but unfortunately with this came the birth of the Skygods.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Don't pay it much mind, it's just the thin air that makes twatmuppets.:P

I honestly cannot take credit for that insult, I wish I could, but my BASE friend used it describing something unrelated and I stole it. sure is brilliant though. twatmuppet. B|

-SPACE-

. I was just taken aback by, well, arrogant ignorance.

How can you call it ignorance when he based his answer on your lies?

you might need to look up the definition of ignorance
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

. I was just taken aback by, well, arrogant ignorance.

How can you call it ignorance when he based his answer on your lies?

you might need to look up the definition of ignorance

I hardly see rounding 530 down to "500 or so" as a lie, and if I had said 1000 he would have done the same thing. I could tell he had his answer picked out before I asked the question.

after the fact, a jumper who overheard mentioned my speed flying experience and that I do not swoop, he said something along the lines of "does not matter, too inexperienced"

It is ignorance because the twatmuppet made an assumption and gave an answer without attempting to get the proper info. That's ignorance. OK, so Calvin said he rounded down to 500. Whatever. Let's pretend he does have 500. Whats wrong with a skydiver with 500 jumps with a 1.35 WL?

Calvin asked a simple question and the swooper refused to give him a very simple answer.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

>OK, so Calvin said he rounded down to 500. Whatever. Let's pretend he
>does have 500.

Let's ask you the same question.

A guy shows up at your DZ. He has an old Skyflyer 3 and has 190 jumps. (He's rounding down, he really has 250 and is a surfer, but you don't know that.) He asks you how to hook up the suit to his rig.

You say "hey, dude, you don't want to be trying that without some instruction."

He says "Yeah, Dad, I know, but I've tracked a lot. Now are you going to help me or not?"

For the purposes of this example, let's say you have wingsuit experience and your two choices are to help him hook it up or not help him hook it up. (i.e. "give him a first flight course/hours of instruction" is not an option.)

What would you do?

>OK, so Calvin said he rounded down to 500. Whatever. Let's pretend he
>does have 500.

Let's ask you the same question.

A guy shows up at your DZ. He has an old Skyflyer 3 and has 190 jumps. (He's rounding down, he really has 250 and is a surfer, but you don't know that.) He asks you how to hook up the suit to his rig.

You say "hey, dude, you don't want to be trying that without some instruction."

He says "Yeah, Dad, I know, but I've tracked a lot. Now are you going to help me or not?"

For the purposes of this example, let's say you have wingsuit experience and your two choices are to help him hook it up or not help him hook it up. (i.e. "give him a first flight course/hours of instruction" is not an option.)

What would you do?

you kinda leaned that one to favor your POV, but ok, I see you're on his side.

All I asked this guy was how to pack it. It was a blatant "You are not cool enough to be in this hangar" move.

-SPACE-