weaverd

IS this safe/legal ??

rwieder

Skydiving is not a wise decision.

Man am I ever glad you brought that up, or I'd have thought wrong. And SkyDiving being not wise is an even better reason to be as safe as possible at all times, do you agree with that?

Best-
Richard

No I would not be agree with that. Sports like our are here BECAUSE people pushed limits and didt things others thought unssfe and crazy.
I have ZERO ISSUE with adults making informed adult decisions. And stretching thier personal boundaries.
If you think it unsafe, dont do it.
OUr sport is what it is because people before you did "crazy stupid" shit.

WE NEED MORE CRAZY STUPID PEOPLE
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

But it's up to those four people and the airplane pilot/owner as to whether or not it's safe enough for them to do.

Eh, not really Bill.

A) there is a user agreement associated with the equipment.

B) I'm pretty sure the FAA would have issue with it being used outside of manufacturer's guidelines.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Squeak

Sports like our are here BECAUSE people pushed limits and did things others thought unsafe and crazy.

I have ZERO ISSUE with adults making informed adult decisions.

Our sport is what it is because people before you did "crazy stupid" shit.

Kinda gotta agree with ya there, Squeaky. :)

"***It seems you are mixing two totally different things together.
A)Doing this stunt with a wuffo customer
B)Doing this stunt with an experienced skydiver as a passenger ....."
...................................................................................

Since 99 percent of tandem jumps are done with first-timers/paying-passengers/the poorly-informed public ... this sort of stunt is worse than a waste of time.

The stunt is also a measure of the professional ethics of the senior skydivers involved.
For example: if a static-line instructor demonstrated their "free-fall pole-dancing skills" they deserve to lose their S/L I rating because of their bad judgment/poor risk analysis/leading by bad example.

Sorry, but this stunt is "... wrong in so many ways ..."

>A) there is a user agreement associated with the equipment.

Agreed, and it's pretty much unenforceable.

>B) I'm pretty sure the FAA would have issue with it being used outside of
>manufacturer's guidelines.

Hmm. Never heard the FAA complain about low speed parachutes being used for head down - and that happens every day.

Hi bill,

Hmm. Never heard the FAA complain about low speed parachutes being used for head down - and that happens every day.

No reason for the FAA to be concerned. A Low Speed parachute is limited to an airplane going 150 MPH, not the jumper.

As to the intelligence of doing so, that is a subjective matter.

JerryBaumchen

I seen this on fb and hoped it was photo shopped. Don't care what the legalities are, you ride my drogue bridal I'll break your face. Anybody consider what the drogue is rated for?? 3 people, 1 standing, are you serious??

The Sky is NOT the Limit, the Dirt Is!!

Andy9o8

That was quite the interesting skydive

would be even more so if the link worked. [:/]

Link works for me.

It shows a mr bill tandemjump with drogue-rider and some other jumpers (2 of which never even come close), plus the most interesting way of mounting 3 camera's on your chin (?) I've ever seen

[inline 10.JPG]

[inline 11.JPG]

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Probably not legal, definitely unsafe, and if any vidiot dud that to my drogue, he/she'd be needing a new set of teeth when we land.:|

Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I think there's a few folks missing the point that it's an organised dive. with pre-planning and TM approval.

No one is suggesting that it's a surprise drogue dance.:S

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?