JerseyShawn

What made you persue skydiving?

For me, I've always had dreams (and still do) of flying since I could remember. In those dreams I would run down big hills and gently lift off to venture around the skies.

When I was in 3rd grade I saw my dreams of flying on TV, people skydiving. I begged my mother to go skydive. That was met with a stern NO! So the very next day at school I found the highest thing I could jump off and land safely (so I thought). The gym bleachers seemed like a nice height, about 20 feet. It had an open coat room next to it full of coats to land on. I jumped
belly first (mimicking the skydivers) and broke and fractured my middle finger. Got to go to the hospital and detention for that stunt.B|

Did a tandem about 10 years ago, then decided to learn to fly
aircraft from that jump. The sky felt like I should be there, I didn't feel out of place for once. A bit more mature now and a steady job let's me afford jumping. My crooked finger always reminded me of what I wanted to do, now I live my dream!:D

What made you come to the sky?

I'm 50 yr's old ... well damn near it. but one of my earliest memorys is watching my dad do military jumps at ft. bragg when i was 3? 4? 5 years old? but when i really knew i was going to jump was at a demo i saw in germany at like 9 years old. FROM THAT MOMENT ! I knew i would skydive some day. ripley's belive it or not:P

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

at 9 yr's old my dad was like an e-8 pushing e-9 and had some pull. so us kids got to stand if front of the roped off area and watch standing right next to the x and 1 guy comes in under a paracomander with the belly mount slung off to the side wearing his paraboots and double zipper jumpsuit and STOMPED! the x slapped the military surplus harrness quick release and the harness reserve and chute hung in midair for a moment . as he stepped away. DAMN! THAT ! was the monent seared in my brain that i knew.;)

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Made a promise to my friend, while severely intoxicated, that I would do a tandem with her for her birthday. Though I didn't appreciate her holding me to it in the morning, I gave her a big fat kiss when I got down. Plus the chicks, man the chicks.
What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say.

quite simple.....

i was never in any sort of airplane....before.
and was just looking for a ride in one... Figured that, after the training and climb to altitude... IF i felt like it,,, i would get out!!!

and that's just how it happened...

jt a 3914
d 12122

I moved here from Pennsylvania, and shortly before that West Virginia, where my activities were Snow Skiing, Mountain Biking, Whitewater Kayaking, and Whitewater Rafting.

I moved to Florida and asked myself "What do people do around here for a good time?" First I looked into Scuba, but could not do that because of a medical condition. Skydiving came to my mind next. That same day, I scheduled my first tandem. I did IAF Level 1 because I knew I'd be hooked, and as soon as I landed, I laid the $1,100 on the counter for the rest of the training. Ground School was the next day and the rest was history.

Mark Klingelhoefer

I was on holidays in Miami, and went for a tandem as my 30th bday present... I continued to try and find the same feeling I perceived for my 1st jump. Never found it again... still trying :)

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I was very unhappy and frustrated with my life.
I was in what best could be described as a relationship where I was being used and I wanted to feel free so that I could deal with the problems at home.
The problems at home went super nova and now, sadly, the only time I feel happy. Or close to content with life, is on the ride up.
[:/]

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Since a very small child, I enjoyed the feeling of falling. Started jumping out of trees, off of basketball goals, off of houses, schools, etc. I ruined a knee jumping off of a school on rollerblades from a bad landing, and realized I needed a way to land without getting hurt. Started cliff diving for a while until I was jumping high enough for water to start hurting, but wanted something higher. Tried a tandem jump last year, and loved it. Now I'm learning to use a canopy so that I can jump off of higher things without dying.

I started out because of the thrill and excitement. Now that is less important and the challenge of meeting licensing and personal goals keeps me in the sport. Skydiving was an interim reward to myself on a weightloss plan. 60 lbs later I still love it.
POPS #10623; SOS #1672