virgin-burner

anyone's got a spare 50$ for our friend Sangi!?

no worries mate.. :)
i'm well aware people may get a "little" emotional about sangi, heck, i do!

he's set himself up WIDE open for abuse once he bounced. actually, that's one of the things he said to me this morning, he FEARS to ever log back onto dorkzone.. i couldnt help but laugh and told him his incident-report was now about 10 pages.. :P

see, i mock him. but some of the stuff you get to read around here is WAYS beyond good, or even bad taste. seems, people get quite a kick out of someones "misfortune" (altough they brought it upon themselves in the first place), but this is not a reason to be a complete fucking dickwad-asshole-idiot-wanker-motherfucker about it. IMHO.

All he has to do is log on, post "I'm sorry, I was wrong, you were right" AND MEAN IT. And stop being stupid in the future.

Many will accept that, some won't. Some feel that his behavior towards those who were trying to keep this from happening means he deserves similar behavior now.

If he's learned his lesson, great.

If not...

I hope he takes up bowling, but if he does, he'll probably find some way to kill himself sooner or later.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Yikes, I didn't know that people know that others are more prone to getting hurt, and you guys try to guess when it might happen next.

Biff Bingo has been around for years. Dark humor runs rampant in this sport!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

He who calls this place Dorkzone shall inherit the Earth.:P

The real dorkzone is in that hospital bed. What a dorky place to be.:ph34r:

Get well Sangi. Know that every day is now a gift you should feel lucky to have. Being the living dead isn't what you wanted, so get well and become the canopy nazi from hell.B|

My question is have YOU rethought your 1.7 WL at 350 jumps?

I doubt he'll reply to you on this one, although I called him out on it and he started reeling off excuses for why he is different here:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4193633;search_string=1.9;#4193633

He subsequently deleted his post but not before I quoted it in my reply.

Ironically, one of his arguments was it was only a Safire. Now what was it that Sangi was flying.....?
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

This intrigues me as well. You keep bashing your "friend" saying that he was dumb for jumping a canopy loaded so heavily but you are jumping a similar canopy and loaded fairly high.

What are YOU doing to change your canopy piloting progression? You are still jumping a high performance canopy at a pretty heavy loading when you don't even have a D-license (or the Swiss equivalent)?

I doubt he'll reply to you on this one, although I called him out on it and he started reeling off excuses for why he is different here:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4193633;search_string=1.9;#4193633

He subsequently deleted his post but not before I quoted it in my reply.

Ironically, one of his arguments was it was only a Safire. Now what was it that Sangi was flying.....?

I brought it up as well and never got a response. Seems like VB likes to critique others but when he gets asked the same questions he shuts up and refuses to say a word.

one of the reasons being the swiss do only have a license!? and we dont get it at 25 jumps, our system allows to bash students for way longer than that.. ;)

having various instructors which are dedicated canopy-pilots and coaches at the dz is quite helpful for your progression. but i'm pretty much done replying to people like DocPop which seems to get a kick out of stalking me on here..

oh, and as this thread shows, i'm in no way bashing my buddy, same for the others regarding sangi. i was and still am around for him.

i believe that the biggest danger is not the canopy itself, but what is hanging underneath it.. and how one goes on about flying it, like cranking big turns or not..

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

and while we're at it, why dont you create your own threads to "bash me"; i'm getting quite sick and tired having your dribble mess up my well meant threads.

just like here, i'm trying to get something together for a crashed skybrother, and you come along all happy fucking it up.

if you want to talk about me, take your superior stalking-skills some place else, troll!

doesnt have a piece of information on his profile and is THE ressource when it comes to katanas as seen here, here and here.

i call bullshit on your lying ass! :)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Who won the pool?

Maybe this guy?

I forgot I posted that! :D:D

Where's my :D?

and in case anyone missed it, a quote from Sangi on that thread:

Times are changing, it's just sad that most of the fossils from the 70's and egomaniac skygods who can't stand anyone being cooler than them can't accept that..

THAT's what he needs to unfuck.
Not an apology, not a promise to do better. I honestly don't care about any of that. Everyone said he'd bounce, and he did. Move on.
He needs to sort his fucking attitude out. As long as he believes he's any different to the million skydivers who came before him, then he'll go back to doing the same thing and you know what? The outcome will be exactly the same in another 5 years. I guarantee it.

OK, three points:

1. You have not given a reason why you are flying what you fly despite several requests from several people. You go right into justification mode and start throwing out reasons why you're different. I did it - guilty. So did Sangi - guilty and fucked up.

2. I have a Sabre2 150 in my profile, and it was there when you posted that I had no info.

3. You complain about me thread-hijacking and stalking and then you perpetuate the argument with another post and three posts of mine (talk about stalking).

You don't have a defense for what you're flying, dude. That makes all your statements hypocritical.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

What's also ironic is that you're commenting on anything having to do with this topic. Like it or not, you've positioned yourself in the same group as Sangi or VB.

Read all the posts about Sangi post-accident, and replace his name with yours. That's exactly what it's going to look like if you follow suit. You should only hope for a friend and cheerleader like VB to stand up for you while you literally cannot stand up.

>You keep bashing your "friend" saying that he was dumb for jumping a canopy loaded
>so heavily but you are jumping a similar canopy and loaded fairly high. What are
>YOU doing to change your canopy piloting progression?

It is always easier to see faults in others than in yourself. You see this especially after incidents; there are a lot of people who say "well, I sure saw that coming, he sure was stupid, glad I'm not stupid like that" - when they themselves are on a similar path avoiding injury mostly by luck. It is that sort of rationalization that causes us to see exactly the same incidents again and again.

Ill contribute to a present the moment Sangi's accident convinces VB to also fix his wingload/experience issue.B|

Chris, I've seen you land with crap accuracy at Texel with that thing. Be it 'only'a Safire. You need a massive upsize. You're a good mate and all, but for sure I agree with what several people up here say.

Practice what you preach....

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

you think flying backwards would of helped my accuracy!?

i think i would have been a lil' better off without the 39° fever and having had a little more than 2hrs of actual restful sleep - the lesson i learned: NEVER jump again when i'm not feeling 100%.

:|

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

one of the reasons being the swiss do only have a license!? and we dont get it at 25 jumps, our system allows to bash students for way longer than that.. ;)

having various instructors which are dedicated canopy-pilots and coaches at the dz is quite helpful for your progression. but i'm pretty much done replying to people like DocPop which seems to get a kick out of stalking me on here..

Right...so just because there are canopy pilots and coaches "around" you think that you're exempt from the rules.

oh, and as this thread shows, i'm in no way bashing my buddy, same for the others regarding sangi. i was and still am around for him.

You call him a dumbass just as much as any of us.

i believe that the biggest danger is not the canopy itself, but what is hanging underneath it.. and how one goes on about flying it, like cranking big turns or not..

Well fuck it bro! If it isn't the canopy that's a problem why the hell aren't you on a velocity! I mean, if you treat it like an fragile egg it will NEVER bite you in the ass!

Where's your shot across my bow regarding my questions and comments about your skill level/abilities?

You think jumping in winds where that would occur would help anything besides increasing the percentage of shit happening?

I fly a big ole Spectre 190 at 1.1 and unless the winds are above 20mph (in which case, I'm not jumping), I can make forward progress. It's all about your pattern!

>i'm trying to get something together for a crashed skybrother

Which is a worthy cause. But still, I am getting very very sick of donating $100 here, $100 there to help someone who broke themselves when it would be a lot easier to not break yourself to begin with.

So I'll make you a deal. You agree to upsize within the next month and I will send Sangi $100 (or buy him that book, or whatever you think will best help him out, just send me the details.) That way I'll help him out and not need to help you out in another six months.

I am glad that Sangi isn't paralized for life and not dead. But I don't really have any interest in donating any money. He took the risks and is paying the price. He needs to just man up and take his medicine. He had ample warning that he was exceeding his obvious skill level. He posted plenty of video to confirm that besides the obvious low jump numbers and high wingloading. Now he gets to pay the price for not listening.

i think i would have been a lil' better off without the 39° fever and having had a little more than 2hrs of actual restful sleep

VB, you sound like a more than decent guy. I'm sure we'd get along, and, it being a very small world, I look forward to meeting you one day.

But you should read what you just wrote, in the context of the whole world of discussion you've been a part of here.

"The problems I had are not my fault, and certainly not a product of the bad decisions I make. Experienced people telling me different, even ones who have seen me fly, are wrong."

Sound familiar?
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

i think i would have been a lil' better off without the 39° fever and having had a little more than 2hrs of actual restful sleep

VB, you sound like a more than decent guy. I'm sure we'd get along, and, it being a very small world, I look forward to meeting you one day.

But you should read what you just wrote, in the context of the whole world of discussion you've been a part of here.

"The problems I had are not my fault, and certainly not a product of the bad decisions I make. Experienced people telling me different, even ones who have seen me fly, are wrong."

Sound familiar?

sure does sound familiar, but driving there and back 2000 km's, i bet you would of jumped too. i know it wasnt smart.. :|

first time turning up with the new rig at the dz i usually jump; a raised eyebrow and a "you know what you're doing, right!?"; couple weeks later: "seems you're doing pretty good, keep up the good work!". if MY instructors would of told me any different, i woulndt be jumping what i still have on my back now. that was two years ago.. and i STILL dont crank 270's..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

What's also ironic is that you're commenting on anything having to do with this topic. Like it or not, you've positioned yourself in the same group as Sangi or VB.

Read all the posts about Sangi post-accident, and replace his name with yours. That's exactly what it's going to look like if you follow suit. You should only hope for a friend and cheerleader like VB to stand up for you while you literally cannot stand up.

Dave, a while ago Docpop posted that he learned his lesson and had up sized (my paraphrase)

I don't know what happened to cause the change of heart but his posting style changed at the same time as he up-sized.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I never thought I'd see the day.

DocPop giving virgin-burner canopy lessons in a Sangi crash thread. What a coincidence!

Seriously, all 3 of you are the cool ones, WERE ALL THE IDIOTS. Case in point right here, and VB how dare you give anyone crap about ruining your thread, thats all you do on here.