patworks

Whuffo they say that anyhow?

Agreed 100% that calling people wuffo's isnt nice and is in same kindred as using the n word.

Calling someone a name in a joking manner playing at their ignorance, which is very real and apparent and funny, and using a word that's very strongly associated with rasism and slavery and that is very effectively used to oppress people based on their race is not ever going to be comparable in the slightest. Jesus fucking christ... It's not even in the same universe.

Agreed 100% that calling people wuffo's isnt nice and is in same kindred as using the n word.

Calling someone a name in a joking manner playing at their ignorance, which is very real and apparent and funny, and using a word that's very strongly associated with rasism and slavery and that is very effectively used to oppress people based on their race is not every going to be comparable in the slightest. Jesus fucking crist...

Great post. but then he ends it with "Jesus fucking Christ". :D:D:D
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Interesting discussion folks

Especially considering this is a international forum that includes people of all age and education levels.

This thread was started by Mr Pat Works that asked a simple Question the origin of the term wuffo.

I explained my thoughts on the on origin of the term based on my personnel experience landing "out" in farmers fields dating back to 68-74.

I still haven't seen anyone come up with a better idea for the origin of the term wuffa.

IMO In its present it's now being used by jumpers who think their "all that" . Which btw your not.

Golf has special terms, so does tennis that relate to their specific games. IMO calling a person a wuffa (Why You Fall From Airplane) and land on my crops.

Calling a person these days that asks a simple question "why" a "whuffo" is what it is.

In case anyone hasn't heard the joke about what falls out of the sky? Bird shit and skydivers.

To quote a famous rich american "Can't we all just get along". Google that and see what you can come up with. Hint California

One time we met a ranch hand from the DZ named the Ranch in NYS while we were jumping in Fl. They (gender neutral) actually believed the local legend that "Him Him Fuck Him: was started by peeps at the ranch or jumpers in general. It wasn't.

Resume your discussion now I have a new topic for the history and trivia forum. Where there are plenty of jumpers that are older and wiser than me, and we'll see what we come up with.

If your interested follow the new thread there. I don't have a clue what we all will find out. I'm not perfect either.

R.

Am I the only one who thinks "Whuffo" sounds like the name of an infomercial product? Something that's pitched with the Sham-wows and Snuggies?
:P

Now that you planted that in my brain, I don't think I will ever get it out :S Gee, thanks! >:(:D
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

How about from now on when you read ROFLOL. You picture Scooby-Do trying to say waffle. That'll stick in yer head.

STOP IT! :D *sticking fingers in ears* La la la la!!!

Whuffo is that stuff by Ronco that men spray on the bald spots on the backs of their heads to look like they have more hair. Now for the rest of your life you will laugh at bald spots.

Well its prolly the same sort of reaction you would give if you met someone who defuses bombs, wrestles crocodiles, tames big cats or handles venomous snakes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about people who defuse bombs with one hand, tame lions with the other, all while having a king cobra wrapped around their neck and crocs strapped to their shoes while in free fall?

Pfffftt...Any fat tourist could do THAT!!!....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Well its prolly the same sort of reaction you would give if you met someone who defuses bombs, wrestles crocodiles, tames big cats or handles venomous snakes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about people who defuse bombs with one hand, tame lions with the other, all while having a king cobra wrapped around their neck and crocs strapped to their shoes while in free fall?

Pfffftt...Any fat tourist could do THAT!!!....

Add a laptop into the mix and you have your typical MS tech support guy.

What I have found to shut them up immediately is to say... "I respect that. If you don't want to jump that's totally cool with me!".

jon

I've tried that. Some people I meet accept that response, especially when I add, "and what are your hobbies? ... Oh really? I've never tried that"

However, why is it that whuffo GUYS never seem to believe me? :S Damn -- I guess I'm stuck dating skydivers. :P
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!