1 1
billvon

Taylor Swift -and- consipracy conflation

24 minutes ago, billvon said:

Tom Tomorrow uncovers the TRUTH behind Taylor Swift's Deep State mission:

Swift_MI.png

It’s telling that this conspiracy requires the right to accept the fact that the most famous person on the planet (and possibly the most successful musician ever) is a Democrat plant - like, that bit is already successfully done and completed - but they think no one would take her political opinion seriously until she’s dating a guy who wins a sports prize? 

Sexism is as sexism does, I guess.

8 hours ago, wmw999 said:

OK, it might me a good app; just as people who disagree vehemently with Billvonn still use Qualcomm technology (well, if he's still working there). I would separate the two, and also not take one statement by a non-native speaker of English as indicative of whack-job status. 

That said, as a former NASA contractor, Billvon's description of the origins is quite accurate.

Wendy P.

Qualcomm gear is too pervasive to avoid, as planned by Bill, who BTW also designed the 5G nano chips that were injected into our brains, our brains, our brains, our brains, our br…………

4 hours ago, billvon said:

Check out all the right wingers replying who are taking it seriously.

Bill, seriously, what are you doing and spending to save your kids from a Trump second term? Are you thinking that it's much ado about an improbability?

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Bill, seriously, what are you doing and spending to save your kids from a Trump second term? Are you thinking that it's much ado about an improbability?

Nothing much I can do.  I contribute to the usual causes (which makes almost no difference in the grand scheme of things) and post stuff (which makes even less.)  There's that old proverb that comes to mind.

7 hours ago, billvon said:

Nothing much I can do.  I contribute to the usual causes (which makes almost no difference in the grand scheme of things) and post stuff (which makes even less.)  There's that old proverb that comes to mind.

So in that sense, and with respect to climate change and EV's too, when Brent charges us with virtue signaling he's not completely wrong. I suppose theres a difference between that which is predestined and that which is going to happen no matter what we do but if so it ain't much. In any case, those who are fortunate enough to have a few tricks in their bag and a dollop of ambition are probably better off focusing on leaving a better world for their own kids and simply wishing the best for any others. But we won't, we'll continue to spread our resources liberally while the selfish conserve theirs for themselves: the true difference between liberals and conservatives.

47 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

But we won't, we'll continue to spread our resources liberally while the selfish conserve theirs for themselves: the true difference between liberals and conservatives.

I'd say that conservatives will say that they take care of their own (including family), before spreading themselves too thin. One of the differences probably comes in the definition of "too thin," and another in the definition of "their own." I certainly try to spend locally before spending nationally, and have definitely given money to family ahead of donating to charities. Not that I don't donate to charities, just that yes, I do give to family first.

That said, is it only virtue signaling if we can't be perfect, and if we take convenience as well as essentials into account? That's just playing into the "you have to be perfect before you can make suggestions for others" trope, isn't it?

Wendy P.

8 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I'd say that conservatives will say that they take care of their own (including family), before spreading themselves too thin. One of the differences probably comes in the definition of "too thin," and another in the definition of "their own." I certainly try to spend locally before spending nationally, and have definitely given money to family ahead of donating to charities. Not that I don't donate to charities, just that yes, I do give to family first.

That said, is it only virtue signaling if we can't be perfect, and if we take convenience as well as essentials into account? That's just playing into the "you have to be perfect before you can make suggestions for others" trope, isn't it?

Wendy P.

I also give to family first. 1.4 Billion Chinese can't be wrong, I think. Since Amazon, and online shopping I only shop local if I cannot wait until tomorrow so it's mostly hardware sort of stuff and food. I think there is more of that than not for most folks now on examination. I take "virtue signaling" as just another right wing pejorative term to describe snowflakes so I don't necessarily believe there is a perfect way to do it. I suspect your version is more sensitive, and generous, than that of others.

13 hours ago, ryoder said:

There has been a lot of discussion about that heated exchange between Travis and the coach. The Jimmy Fallon show figured it out:

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 19.01.57.png

My favorite of this pic so far: "Don't slam the fucking door!"

:D 

And for the ultimate conflation, right wing Mensa member Bryce Mitchell has announced the next conservative meme:

"If they can rig an election, they can rig a game of football!"

Also from Mitchell:

"The whole thing is rigged y’all. I think that this Kelce dude, he took twenty million something dollars to endorse vaccines. Now these people made billions and billions, probably over a trillion off of this fraudulent vaccine. You don’t think they took a little bit of that money and they’re gonna help rig sporting events with it?"

"I kno(w) brother. [Taylor is] that zeena, the satanic leader who's just been livin' off adrenachrome for 500 years. straight up. witch!"

As an aside, I love the idea that conservatives are now outraged - OUTRAGED! - that the team from that liberal hellhole San Franscisco lost.

On 2/14/2024 at 9:42 PM, billvon said:

As an aside, I love the idea that conservatives are now outraged - OUTRAGED! - that the team from that liberal hellhole San Franscisco lost.

I love the idea that people who are outraged that some NATO members don't pay their dues are so strongly supportive of a six-time bankrupt.

On 2/14/2024 at 10:42 PM, billvon said:

And for the ultimate conflation, right wing Mensa member Bryce Mitchell has announced the next conservative meme:

"If they can rig an election, they can rig a game of football!"

Also from Mitchell:

"The whole thing is rigged y’all. I think that this Kelce dude, he took twenty million something dollars to endorse vaccines. Now these people made billions and billions, probably over a trillion off of this fraudulent vaccine. You don’t think they took a little bit of that money and they’re gonna help rig sporting events with it?"

"I kno(w) brother. [Taylor is] that zeena, the satanic leader who's just been livin' off adrenachrome for 500 years. straight up. witch!"

Where’d he get his card? Craigs list?

41 minutes ago, kallend said:

I love the idea that people who are outraged that some NATO members don't pay their dues are so strongly supportive of a six-time bankrupt.

Yeah, I picked up on that as well.  Arguing with an idiot is the old 'wrestling with a pig's scenario, where you just get dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Trump makes Charlie Sheen look good.  At least Charlie had mind altering substances to account for some of his nonsense.

We United Stations love a good train wreck.

Sadly a recent poll revealed that 18% of Americans believe Taylor Swift is part of a clandestine government operation to get people to vote for Biden.  Another data point to indicate how easy it is to sway people via social media.  Don't know why I'm even surprised any more, given that:

27% of Americans think God determines who wins the Superbowl
27% also think a "gigabyte" is a South American insect 
45% think Satan causes most of the evil in the world
35% think being gay is a choice
20% believe fortune tellers can tell the future
41% believed dinosaurs and humans coexisted
25% think the Sun orbits the Earth
34% think humans have always existed in their current form
20% think climate change isn't happening
16% is not sure what shape the Earth is; 2% believe it to be flat  (keep in mind that 2% is 7 million Americans)

12 hours ago, billvon said:

Sadly a recent poll revealed that 18% of Americans believe Taylor Swift is part of a clandestine government operation to get people to vote for Biden.  Another data point to indicate how easy it is to sway people via social media.  Don't know why I'm even surprised any more, given that:

16% is not sure what shape the Earth is; 2% believe it to be flat  (keep in mind that 2% is 7 million Americans)

Well, I'm not exactly sure what shape the world is. 

Flattened spheroid is the closest I can find.

But for the rest of it:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, billvon said:

Well, damn! 289% of Americans believe something even if it's ridiculous. I'd have guessed more.