1 1
jakee

Republicans formalise Biden Impeachment inquiry…

1 hour ago, normiss said:

I just hope Trump gets the Rosenberg penalty for his espionage.

When they clean up trump's estate there will be all kinds of Russian and nuclear secrets discovered. It will be too late for any sanctions but for his apologists, between tears of sorrow. The excuses will pour forth to exonerate his treason.

Putin will order the flags to be hung at half staff and trump will get the Hero of Russia medal with oak leaves and diamonds.

13 hours ago, winsor said:

Biden was reported to have engaged in plagiarism and graduated anyway.  He is on the record making various statements that are patiently false, as well as some that are absolutely moronic.

It's pretty rich that you say this then go on in the next paragraph to make a false/moronic accusation about the Ukraine prosecutor.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wmw999 said:

You’ve heard of Elf of a Shelf? How about Trump on a Stump?

Wendy P. 

I'd prefer him in a cell, and not having to listen to his stump speech.  Another self/elf alternative, for the Canadians/Letterkenny fans

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 6.17.00 AM.png

Republican Stephen Cohen says out loud what all republicans have been thinking lately: "[Speaker Mike Johnson] went down to see his daddy Donald Trump at Mar-a-Lago and he told him: 'Go back to Washington and impeach Joe Biden.  That will make me feel good because I was impeached twice, and I want to say he was impeached, too.’ So this is juvenile."

Then a reporter asked Lindsey Graham about whether or not there was any evidence of ANY wrongdoing.  Graham said  If there was a smoking gun I think we'd be talking about it."

When you've lost Lindsey Graham of all people . . . .

16 minutes ago, billvon said:

Republican Stephen Cohen says out loud what all republicans have been thinking lately: "[Speaker Mike Johnson] went down to see his daddy Donald Trump at Mar-a-Lago and he told him: 'Go back to Washington and impeach Joe Biden.  That will make me feel good because I was impeached twice, and I want to say he was impeached, too.’ So this is juvenile."

Then a reporter asked Lindsey Graham about whether or not there was any evidence of ANY wrongdoing.  Graham said  If there was a smoking gun I think we'd be talking about it."

When you've lost Lindsey Graham of all people . . . .

Well, that what he is saying today.

Just wait a few days, and he will be singing whatever tune he thinks will be politically expedient for that day.

• Like 1

I don't think any of the Rs seem to realize that if they actually manage to get a conviction (which is virtually impossible), then the person taking the Oval Office will be...

Kamala Harris.

So they're trying to get her into the Presidency.

Again, I don't think they've really thought this one through.
Which isn't super surprising.

10 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I don't think any of the Rs seem to realize that if they actually manage to get a conviction (which is virtually impossible), then the person taking the Oval Office will be...

Kamala Harris.

So they're trying to get her into the Presidency.

Again, I don't think they've really thought this one through.
Which isn't super surprising.

Well, all they have to do is deny approval to whomever Harris nominates as replacement VP (either house is adequate), then successfully impeach/convict her.  Voila, President Mike Johnson.   Not likely to get 2/3 of the Senate required to convict, though.

Assuming Biden wins the 2024 election, odds are that we will get President Harris before his term would complete.

13 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

Well, all they have to do is deny approval to whomever Harris nominates as replacement VP (either house is adequate), then successfully impeach/convict her.  Voila, President Mike Johnson.   Not likely to get 2/3 of the Senate required to convict, though.

Assuming Biden wins the 2024 election, odds are that we will get President Harris before his term would complete.

Odds are Joe Biden has 8.2 years remaining.

Plugin November 20 1942:

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/population/longevity.html

44 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I don't think any of the Rs seem to realize that if they actually manage to get a conviction (which is virtually impossible), then the person taking the Oval Office will be..Kamala Harris.

They're not going for conviction.  Two repubs have already admitted that the goal of this is purely image; that way they can say "hey, both Biden and Trump were impeached, so there's no difference there."

1 hour ago, headoverheels said:

That is only existance, not being up to the task mentally and physically.

Then there's an easy solution - the 25th Amendment.  

However, since even republicans are admitting they can't find anything seriously wrong with what he's doing, that's a tough sell.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ryoder said:

Odds are Joe Biden has 8.2 years remaining.

Plugin November 20 1942:

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/population/longevity.html

Those calculations are for all Americans. So add 2-3 years because he believes in the science of medicine, republicans don't. He has a personal in house physician about 1/4 of elderly Americans don't see a doctor when they are sick. Many Americans skip buying prescriptions due to cost.

trump is obese, has a poor diet, undertakes no physical activities,has evidence of
subclinical cardiovascular disease from his cardiac CT tests and both of his brothers died at significantly younger ages that what they should have. trump's father, Fred also had Alzheimer's which was the primary cause of his death. trump's speech shows evidence of his mental decline already. All of which don't bode well for him serving out any decent prison terms.

6 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Those calculations are for all Americans. So add 2-3 years because he believes in the science of medicine, republicans don't. He has a personal in house physician about 1/4 of elderly Americans don't see a doctor when they are sick. Many Americans skip buying prescriptions due to cost.

trump is obese, has a poor diet, undertakes no physical activities,has evidence of
subclinical cardiovascular disease from his cardiac CT tests and both of his brothers died at significantly younger ages that what they should have. trump's father, Fred also had Alzheimer's which was the primary cause of his death. trump's speech shows evidence of his mental decline already. All of which don't bode well for him serving out any decent prison terms.

He just said he would "negotiate" for more time as POTUS once he's re-elected. He feels he deserves MOAR time in office based on the way he was treated. At least 10-14 years.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, normiss said:

He just said he would "negotiate" for more time as POTUS once he's re-elected. He feels he deserves MOAR time in office based on the way he was treated. At least 10-14 years.

Most likely to occur during his first day in office when he's promised to be a dictator. But since he's a habitual liar his dictatorship will likely run for the full 10-14 years.

On 12/15/2023 at 7:08 AM, winsor said:

Again, paying attention would help.

I'm pretty sure my initial point was that impeachment is largely a waste of time.

I do not think either of these clowns are interchangeable.  If that's what you got out of what I said, your reading comprehension is weak.

I do think they both suck out loud, for very different reasons, and question the sanity of anyone who supports either outright.  Anyone unaware of the long standing failings of either of them is a lost cause.

Ahh the "I know and you are too stupid to understand" reasoning so common from you.

ELI5 for us dumb people won't you. Noblesse oblige, after all.

On 12/15/2023 at 2:24 PM, winsor said:

Biden was reported to have engaged in plagiarism and graduated anyway. 

Not reported, he addressed it head on and released his academic file. Shows mediocre grades and mixed reviews from professors. That shows balls and an ability to face adversity and deal with it. The university at the time investigated and ruled at the time. You would think that if this is such a huge issue for you, you would know this.

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/09/18/us/biden-admits-plagiarism-in-school-but-says-it-was-not-malevolent.html

On 12/15/2023 at 2:24 PM, winsor said:

He is on the record demanding the resignation of the Ukrainian prosecutor whose corruption investigation threatened Hunter's business dealings, withholding $1 B of US aid as leverage.

This has been debunked so many times now. Makes me wonder if your claim of high regard for intellectual honesty has any truth at all.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Not reported, he addressed it head on and released his academic file. Shows mediocre grades and mixed reviews from professors. That shows balls and an ability to face adversity and deal with it. The university at the time investigated and ruled at the time. You would think that if this is such a huge issue for you, you would know this.

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/09/18/us/biden-admits-plagiarism-in-school-but-says-it-was-not-malevolent.html

This has been debunked so many times now. Makes me wonder if your claim of high regard for intellectual honesty has any truth at all.

I've heard all too often that something has been 'debunked' that was actually true to accept the claim at face value.

Please link to a credible source - if you're right, you're right.

I can't imagine being held in high regard by you or the other usual suspects.  As luck would have it, that isn't a life goal.

44 minutes ago, winsor said:

I've heard all too often that something has been 'debunked' that was actually true to accept the claim at face value.

Define a credible source. What’s your credible source for firing the prosecutor being something Biden decided would be done?

Heres the thing - firing the prosecutor was an official state department policy goal before Biden got involved. It was an international policy goal shared with the leadership of the EU and the World Bank. The reason for that is not that senior diplomats across the world really wanted Joe Biden to keep getting a few kickbacks from his kid. The reason is that the prosecutor was abjectly corrupt, was actually slow rolling the Burisma investigation among others, and was helping sustain the endemic Ukrainian corruption that was siphoning off and lessening the effectiveness of all the aid being provided.

Biden was just the ‘big enough’ stick that was used to make the Ukrainian government at the time do what almost the entire west wanted them to do. It was not his policy. It was not his decision. 

The fact that all of this is news to you just shows what an uninformed right wing puppet you are, and how much of your news comes from the conservative media echo chamber. 

1 hour ago, winsor said:

I can't imagine being held in high regard by you or the other usual suspects.  As luck would have it, that isn't a life goal.

I am not an accredited scientist like yourself, but I seem to remember that the person making a claim has to provide evidence to support their claim. Is that no longer correct, or are you used to just being believed at face value in your circles?

I'll await evidence for: 

"He is on the record demanding the resignation of the Ukrainian prosecutor whose corruption investigation threatened Hunter's business dealings, withholding $1 B of US aid as leverage."

3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

I am not an accredited scientist like yourself, but I seem to remember that the person making a claim has to provide evidence to support their claim. Is that no longer correct, or are you used to just being believed at face value in your circles?

I'll await evidence for: 

"He is on the record demanding the resignation of the Ukrainian prosecutor whose corruption investigation threatened Hunter's business dealings, withholding $1 B of US aid as leverage."

Turns out that it depends who you ask.  It seems all sources agree that the $billion was contingent upon the prosecutor in question being fired.

The Debunkers claim that it was because the prosecutor was ineffective against corruption.

The Conspiracy Theorists opine that it was to stymie the investigation into Burisma so that Hunter could continue to rake in excessive amounts of money from a position for which he was singularly unqualified.

Biden may well have had brilliant insight and used extraordinary leverage to seek justice at a very granular level.  Yeah, I'm sure that's what happened.

Edited by winsor